• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
you defend with a partner.
He has proven over and over again that with the right partner he is Elite.

I agree that Koscielny is a completely different player with the right partner but he hasn’t had the right partner over the last five years.

How can you say that he’s been elite over that period?

Gamefaced

Best defender we have had the last decade. Best defender in the league at least one year. You dont rate him? Unreal.
That’s your opinion and nope I don’t rate him as high as other fans. He’s been our best defender for a decade where the defence has been our biggest problem. He’s always been a player we could of improved on, instead of buying players to play with him, we should of been buying who could replace him. He’s been a major part of our crumbling and weak mentality phase.
He’s been a great servant for the club no doubt, but we sometimes get carried away as fans thinking our players are better than they really are. The best he has looked was with Mert by his side.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kos was easily elite at one time.

He’s a case of being judged because of an era he played in. Same with Sagna, defensively there wasn’t a better RB than him, but again, played in a pants era so won’t get the recognition.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The guy was the starting CB for France for some years I think, even with the achilles problem.

Starting CB for France elite? Pffft, not even top player. World Cup winners, what competition for places? Deschamps is just stupid, nothing else...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Best defender we have had the last decade. Best defender in the league at least one year. You dont rate him? Unreal.

Amen to that. Kos is perhaps one of the most underrated footballers/ defenders of the last 10 years. As far as I am concerned, he is a better defender than both Varane and Umtiti and I was really sorry for him when he got injured and could not make it to the WC.

LG10

Can't believe this man has legend status among Arsenal fans, another terrible performance in a big game. Shambles of a player.
His legs are gone, it’s a joke that he’s still our most important defender. This was completely on the club, he’d be 5th choice at any of the big clubs in his current state. Don’t think he’s a legend but he’s been a very good player for us.

Put him next to the caveman sokratis and the also finished monreal and you produce this disastrous defence. Also, AMN isn’t a defender and kolasinac isn’t a footballer which further makes things difficult.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Allowed Giroud to get ahead of him very much like Eder in the Euro final. He's been a model pro and a great servant but we need a leader at the back as he's not it.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Game too far - was behind on pretty much everything aimed at Giroud. We should really be looking at replacing him (and revamping CB in general).

That backline needs a lot of money spent on it. Let's hope it gets done this summer.

I think we could get away with another season of Sokratis in a back three, flanked by two mobile defenders such as chambers and holding, but I prefer to see us return to four at the back in a 433 or 4231.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Allowed Giroud to get ahead of him very much like Eder in the Euro final. He's been a model pro and a great servant but we need a leader at the back as he's not it.
I just watched that, he got out strengthed but then Eder moved into the other CB's zone (is it umtiti), and he just backs off letting him shoot. A bit unfair to mention that really.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I just watched that, he got out strengthed but then Eder moved into the other CB's zone (is it umtiti), and he just backs off letting him shoot. A bit unfair to mention that really.
I love Kos but I remember it differently. I will rewatch soon and circa, the ref made an error in the Euro final. Notwithstanding that, he has to mark his space more fiercely without fouling.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It's no coincidence our fa cup wins came with per at the back in all three of them.

Kos has been a great defender for us. But never had the organisational nor leadership skills required.

Also going up in the air against giroud was always going to be a mis match. Whatever people want to say about giroud, he's one of the best headers of the ball in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom