• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Anyone talking about Kos leaving will have me sitting outside their house in their hedge and spying on them.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Having said that, slight concern though, I am reading conflicting reports, some are saying that Kos contract ends in 2017 others that he extended. What is the status?

We did extend his contract in 2014 and the article stated it was a long term deal but Im wondering if Wenger would ever or has ever offered a five year contract to players that are close to their 30s. I hope that 2019 is the correct date because we cant lose him.

Persona

Will be 32 during the first few weeks of next season. He's had a fantastic run for us and Arsène really nailed this pick-up but it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to extend him once his contract ends. He'll be 35 years old at that point.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Have to wonder what hes on if he's still on the wages from his 2014 contract. Alot has changed in the finances of the club since then.

With the new TV deal making mugs like Theo on 140k like its nothing, and Jack who never plays getting a bumper deal to 110k I could see Kos feigning interest in move if only to get more money from AFC.

Malky

Established Member
People claiming Koscielny's "in decline"? :lol: He's, hands down, the best CB in the league and one of the best in Europe! If he's "in decline" why is he being linked with Europe's Elite club's? A few bad games last season when he had a new CB partner every week and an ever changing midfield pairing in-front of him and people go into an over-reacting panic.
What any club with real ambition would do this summer is sign an elite CB as his partner, poor guy is spending games covering for Mertesacker or babysitting Gabriel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom