• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It is getting ridiculous now. We have started to get used to being bullied by the likes of Barca and Liverpool. Recently it looks we might have to get used to being manhandled by the likes of Celtic and Palace. But now even our own players have the cheek to try to intimidate us.

Since when has a contract ever been cancelled when it only benefits the player? Hard to admit but we really have become a laughing stock

OSBK

Established Member
It is getting ridiculous now. We have started to get used to being bullied by the likes of Barca and Liverpool. Recently it looks we might have to get used to being manhandled by the likes of Celtic and Palace. But now even our own players have the cheek to try to intimidate us.

Since when has a contract ever been cancelled when it only benefits the player? Hard to admit but we really have become a laughing stock

No different to rvp,nasri,cesc,ade and countless others.

Such a shame

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
No different to rvp,nasri,cesc,ade and countless others.

They didn't ask for their contract to be cancelled. Yes they wanted to go and made it clear. Basically putting pressure on us to sell them. Kos asked for his contract to be torn up, when refused he went effectively on strike. Seems to me a new ball game

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Look at Neymar at PSG right now.
Neymar hasnt asked to be released and if he goes PSG will get a massive fee. A player striking to force a move with a transfer fee and a player striking so he can be released from a contract they willingly signed is not the same thing.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not surprised Koscielny wants to leave. Most of his old teammates are gone and most of the back room staff have changed

That said he's handled this terribly

blaze_of_glory

I have seen loads of players refusing to train/play etc. But all those players wanted out of the club, however none suggested their contract be cancelled. Neymar is putting pressure on PSG to sell him, he isn't expecting them to cancel his contract.
Splitting hairs here I think. Cancelling the contract is just a detail of this particular situation.

By the way I want to be clear I'm not trying to defend Kos. Just saying this is not really that unique a thing to be happening.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Splitting hairs here I think. Cancelling the contract is just a detail of this particular situation.

By the way I want to be clear I'm not trying to defend Kos. Just saying this is not really that unique a thing to be happening.

Maybe it is just me, but to me it isn't the same at all. Atleast when you put pressure on your club to sell you, they still can get the money they want for you. Here the club isn't compensated at all.

carlito'sway

Established Member

I am puzzled that some are surprised to hear that this situation is common occurrence in professional football. Most of the times, clubs handle and deal with those issues internally. I still can't comprehend why AFC went public about it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
What about all the times he saved us, covered for the **** in front of him & the years being our best defender?

He was a player linked to big clubs in his prime. Well reported the pain he played in last few years... + a loyal servant for Wenger till the end.

He did the job he was paid to do and continuously made errors in big games costing us many trophies and also in regular Premier League games. Koscielny has been a mainstay in so many terrible defences and is quick to crumble. Terrible captain, mediocre player who had constant mistakes in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom