• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You’re not trying to have a rational conversation, you’re just throwing out petty statements and trying to belittle me.

You haven’t actually made any points in this matter you just got personal with me, while I made 3 or 4 different points as to why I’ve never rated Koscielny. All you’ve said is some fanboy sh1t about how he’s the best.

Next time don’t try get into debates if you’re just gonna have a tantrum.
Again, I'll back you here. You have justified your reasoning. Whether or not people agree is irrelevant if they can't justify their own reasoning or at least dispute yours using facts.

People seem to forget that the jury was out on Kos for a good while before he became legend status here for whatever reason. personally I like him and I've been disappointed by this but there isn't much left in him to give us anyway.

Last edited:

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy
If Rennes don't want to pay the money, then they need to work out a swap and give us a we can use player instead of cash. Give us the right back Hamari Traore or some other player who can help our squad, like we were planning on Koscielny helping our squad this year.

Same with Bordeaux, if they don't want to pay cash, then send us a player who has similar value to Koscielny who can strengthen our squad.

If neither club will do that, then that shows they are just trying to take advantage of Arsenal always being chumps in the transfer market, and we should tell them and Koscielny that he has a contract here and he is staying, period.

But we won't, we'll cave in as always and give him away for a third of his value, and other players, agents and teams will see that as more proof that Arsenal are still chumps who can be bullied and taken advantage of.

Was he the guy who played right back against us last season? He was absolutely dreadful, was at the home game and he was all over the place had a torrid time.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I was in Rennes two weeks ago actually, lovely city. Could well see meself study there for a semester. Brittany is very beautiful, can see the appeal. Especially if you have your roots there, which Kos clearly has when he played for Lorient.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Koscielny surely could have handled the situation better but until we hear his side of the story i refuse to acknowledge that he is a cvnt. The truth is that Kos is one of my favorite players so i need his statement before i turn against him.
His silence is deafening. Look at Iwobi yesterday how fast he reacted to false reports. The stories about Koscielny are much worse, yet he says nothing. Better start accepting that he’s a ****.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You’re not trying to have a rational conversation, you’re just throwing out petty statements and trying to belittle me.

You haven’t actually made any points in this matter you just got personal with me, while I made 3 or 4 different points as to why I’ve never rated Koscielny. All you’ve said is some fanboy sh1t about how he’s the best.

Next time don’t try get into debates if you’re just gonna have a tantrum.
Guy's unreal tbh. Never stops butting in just to tell someone how much of a terrible 'dude' they are for someone criticising a footballer, before turning it into something personal with the poster, and all the while blissfully unaware of what a hypocritical ****house he's being. See what I did there? I butted in like him. However I feel it's warranted on this occasion.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I was in Rennes two weeks ago actually, lovely city. Could well see meself study there for a semester. Brittany is very beautiful, can see the appeal. Especially if you have your roots there, which Kos clearly has when he played for Lorient.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I keep hearing that Kos is from Brittany and you just mentioned roots. He has played for 4 professional clubs. He was with Lorient the least amount of time, only just 1 year. I did notice he also played a few years for Guingamp, which is also located in Brittany. Is that where all the he is from Brittany comments are coming from? If we are just looking at that, he has been 9 years here and also 2 years at Tours, which isn't in Brittany.

Can you or anyone shed any light on that

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Guy's unreal tbh. Never stops butting in just to tell someone how much of a terrible 'dude' they are for someone criticising a footballer, before turning it into something personal with the poster, and all the while blissfully unaware of what a hypocritical ****house he's being. See what I did there? I butted in like him. However I feel it's warranted on this occasion.

This forum is full of guys who idol worship footballers like they're 11, seems to me guys like @carlito'sway lack father figures in life and look at footballers to fill that role. In his eyes I'm basically speaking about his Dad when I criticise Koscielny.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This forum is full of guys who idol worship footballers like they're 11, seems to me guys like @carlito'sway lack father figures in life and look at footballers to fill that role. In his eyes I'm basically speaking about his Dad when I criticise Koscielny.

You are really obsessed, aren't you? I guess I really got under your skin.
You may need a life, dude. You don't seem to have one. :lol:. As we say in the South "Bless your heart".

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Showing attitude to another on a football forum. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah pretty much says who actually needs a life.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This case is even worse than the usual antics our players used to pull when wanting to leave. We all thought Cesc, Ashley Cole etc behaved badly when they were trying to force the club to sell. But none of them went on strike. Kos not only asked his contract to be terminated but went on strike too. The cheek of the lad. If we had money like City I would say let him spend a year with the reserves. Let him be on strike there. He might even be shocked back to the real world, when he sees he is even more childish than the kids he would be training with.

Alas we can't do that, and Kos is taking advantage of that fact.

Cole event behind our back and has meetings with chelski ffs

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
This case is even worse than the usual antics our players used to pull when wanting to leave. We all thought Cesc, Ashley Cole etc behaved badly when they were trying to force the club to sell. But none of them went on strike. Kos not only asked his contract to be terminated but went on strike too. The cheek of the lad. If we had money like City I would say let him spend a year with the reserves. Let him be on strike there. He might even be shocked back to the real world, when he sees he is even more childish than the kids he would be training with.

Alas we can't do that, and Kos is taking advantage of that fact.

And you know this how?

Why do you trust what the club says?

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Cole event behind our back and has meetings with chelski ffs

Everyone does that. Are you saying Kos didn't have meetings with these French clubs behind our backs? besides everyone rightly disliked cole for his behaviour at that time....yet even he didn't go on strike.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
And you know this how?

Why do you trust what the club says?

So you think Kos hasn't asked for his contract to be terminated? Or that he is on strike right now? I don't necessarily believe the club, but it is clear to see what Kos wants.

What could Kos possibly say that would make it justified to go on strike? Tell me

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Just let him go ffs.

Haggling over 2m but allowing 50m players leave for free.
Of course we could let him go for a minuscule fee, but as skint as we are, I feel it's more about the principle behind it. You can't have players holding the club ransom. We already have a reputation of being pushovers and being taken advantage of when it comes to players wanting to leave. Can't have them thinking they are bigger than the club and can force moves anytime they want.

I like Kos, and I'm surprised and disappointed that he resorted to this, but it's not like he was Maldini or anything leading us to title after title, where you'd be forever indebted to him, with it being a bad look if you didn't grant him his wishes as a final parting gift for a marvelous career.

Kos probably thought his service to the club would earn him the good graces of the board in letting him go, and it may have worked if we had proper depth and reinforcement in that area, but he just picked a bad time considering our current predicament.

Alkane

If you have an Aldi budget you can’t walk into Waitrose and try and further negotiate on items in the reduced section.

Pay the fee or **** off. If they can’t afford his wages and transfer fee then they shouldn’t get the player, simple as

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Of course we could let him go for a minuscule fee, but it's the principle behind it. You can't have players holding the club ransom. We already have a reputation of being pushovers and being taken advantage of when it comes to players wanting to leave. Can't have them thinking they are bigger than the club and can force moves anytime they want.

I like Kos, and I'm surprised and disappointed that he resorted to this, but it's not like he was Maldini or anything leading us to title after title, where you'd be forever indebted to him, with it being a bad look if you didn't grant him his wishes as a final parting gift for a marvelous career.

Kos probably thought his service to the club would earn him the good graces of the board in letting him go, and it may have worked if we had proper depth and reinforcement in that area, but he just picked a bad time considering our current predicament.
Koscielny is finished as a player and has been a captain for a long time now. Allowing him a little freedom to decide the last years of his career would be the decent thing to do for such a player and not a big loss to the club. No one would consider us pushovers if we did let him leave for free, it’s pretty much expected to fulfill such players wishes. In fact the opposite has happened and we’re being laughed and ridiculed at by other people following this sport for still relying on a 33 year old so much that we can’t allow him to leave. So congrats on the idiots at charge for making us look like clowns yet again.

Hexagon9

Koscielny is finished as a player and has been a captain for a long time now. Allowing him a little freedom to decide the last years of his career would be the decent thing to do for such a player and not a big loss to the club. No one would consider us pushovers if we did let him leave for free, it’s pretty much expected to fulfill such players wishes. In fact the opposite has happened and we’re being laughed and ridiculed at by other people following this sport for still relying on a 33 year old so much that we can’t allow him to leave. So congrats on the idiots at charge for making us look like clowns yet again.
“A little freedom......”
That’s an extreme euphemism if ever I heard one. Are you in politics?

Alkane

I think there’s two separate issues here, 1) whether we should prematurely terminate his contract and 2) his reaction to to his wish not being granted.

In an ideal world we’d let him leave for free as a good will gesture, but we have a very limited budget and even £4-5m could be the difference between getting a Tierney or Zaha or not.

Irrespective of whether you agree or disagree about is holding firm, his strop is completely unacceptable. He is owed nothing, his favour is at Arsenal’s discretion. If he didn’t want to be here till he’s 34 then he shouldn’t have willingly signed a work contract that kept him here for that long.

Hexagon9

I think there’s two separate issues here, 1) whether we should prematurely terminate his contract and 2) his reaction to to his wish not being granted.

In an ideal world we’d let him leave for free as a good will gesture, but we have a very limited budget and even £4-5m could be the difference between getting a Tierney or Zaha or not.

Irrespective of whether you agree or disagree about is holding firm, his strop is completely unacceptable. He is owed nothing, his favour is at Arsenal’s discretion. If he didn’t want to be here till he’s 34 then he shouldn’t have willingly signed a work contract that kept him here for that long.
What’s also important is that this is the first summer window under the new regime. They need to get rid of the “nice Arsenal” mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom