• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Koscielny is finished as a player and has been a captain for a long time now. Allowing him a little freedom to decide the last years of his career would be the decent thing to do for such a player and not a big loss to the club. No one would consider us pushovers if we did let him leave for free, it’s pretty much expected to fulfill such players wishes. In fact the opposite has happened and we’re being laughed and ridiculed at by other people following this sport for still relying on a 33 year old so much that we can’t allow him to leave. So congrats on the idiots at charge for making us look like clowns yet again.
Maldini played for Milan till his 40s. Nesta, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand, Cannavaro played for top clubs till their mid-to-late 30's. Thiago Silva, Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique, Chiellini, and Godin are older or at a similar age to Koscielny and still playing at a high level, challenging for top honors.

We are laughed at, not because we rely on Koscielny at his age, but because we routinely get bumfcked by top clubs in high profile competitions, allow our best players to go to our "rivals" for pittances, are unable to afford anyone worth a damn, while letting the likes of Ramsey leave for fckin free.

The sad fact is, even though Koscielny is washed, he's still one of our better defenders. We're not in a position to let one of our better and experienced players leave for nothing. Can't see the likes of Real, Barca, and co. letting key players leave for chump change when there isn't proper cover to replace said player. If we did have proper depth or do end up getting a solid replacement, I'm sure the board would be more willing to part. Koscielny just picked a bad time to want to leave.

Arson Finger

If you have an Aldi budget you can’t walk into Waitrose and try and further negotiate on items in the reduced section.

Pay the fee or **** off. If they can’t afford his wages and transfer fee then they shouldn’t get the player, simple as
This is exactly what other clubs tell Arsenal when we want their players but we don't want to pay the price. That is how this is supposed to work.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Everyone does that. Are you saying Kos didn't have meetings with these French clubs behind our backs? besides everyone rightly disliked cole for his behaviour at that time....yet even he didn't go on strike.

Cole had secret meetings

Kos obviously has had (or rather his agent) meetings but not secret ones, dont you think the club wankers would say that?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Cole had secret meetings

Kos obviously has had (or rather his agent) meetings but not secret ones, dont you think the club wankers would say that?

Of course they were ****ing secret you daft ****. The club told him they wanted to keep him and then he turns up after the summer and asks to be released because he has a contact offer elsewhere, catching the club off guard. Do you ever engage your brain?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
So you think Kos hasn't asked for his contract to be terminated? Or that he is on strike right now? I don't necessarily believe the club, but it is clear to see what Kos wants.

What could Kos possibly say that would make it justified to go on strike? Tell me

For him to strike like this the club must have renegged (spl?) On a promise given to him from the wankers

I like Kos but he should not be a starter for us anymore, His wrecked Body cant handle it.

And to play 90k to a benchwarmer is just not prudent imo

Somebody wants to take over his contract is fine by me

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Of course they were ****ing secret you daft ****. The club told him they wanted to keep him and then he turns up after the summer and asks to be released because he has a contact offer elsewhere, catching the club off guard. Do you ever engage your brain?
Stfu maggot

I dont buy it, totally out of character, not out of character to be wankers from the club thou

Regardless, nothing we can do to him is really punishment anyway, it is a lose/lose situation for us
I rather lose and get 90k of the books

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
For him to strike like this the club must have renegged (spl?) On a promise given to him from the wankers

I like Kos but he should not be a starter for us anymore, His wrecked Body cant handle it.

And to play 90k to a benchwarmer is just not prudent imo

Somebody wants to take over his contract is fine by me

Have you considered maybe he never acted like this because there was no need to do it before. We have been offering him long term contracts, only now he is coming to the end, we offered 1 year. Someone is offering him 3 years instead. He has never been in this situation before. Where what we are offering and what he can get elsewhere is a huge gap.

I'm sorry to say but you are now at the stage where all you have left in defence of Kos is blind faith. Every single defence (excuse) that has been put forward why Kos might be doing all of this, if not for money, has been disproved.

Sometimes it is really important to judge each situation on its own merits. In this case everything points to Kos wanting to follow the road that gets him the best deal, regardless if he has to feck over the club and the fans to get there.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Have you considered maybe he never acted like this because there was no need to do it before. We have been offering him long term contracts, only now he is coming to the end, we offered 1 year. Someone is offering him 3 years instead. He has never been in this situation before. Where what we are offering and what he can get elsewhere is a huge gap.

I'm sorry to say but you are now at the stage where all you have left in defence of Kos is blind faith. Every single defence (excuse) that has been put forward why Kos might be doing all of this, if not for money, has been disproved.

Sometimes it is really important to judge each situation on its own merits. In this case everything points to Kos wanting to follow the road that gets him the best deal, regardless if he has to feck over the club and the fans to get there.

It is not Faith that the club is a bunch of wankers

He can f**k off about leaving for free.

Then we sit up with 33 year old CB who is past it and doesn't want to be here coming back from huge injury problem on 80 k per week contract.

I'm not saying money isn't important, but if Kos genuinely was interested about going home, he would just do that. He wouldn't even lose 2.5m, as the signing on fee should cover that.

Doubt a 33 year old is going to get a 2.5 m signing on fee from second or third tier French club.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Then we sit up with 33 year old CB who is past it and doesn't want to be here coming back from huge injury problem on 80 k per week contract.

Doubt a 33 year old is going to get a 2.5 m signing on fee from second or third tier French club.

He will most likely get a sign on fee or if not then it will be in the form of an extra year. (Maybe that's why they can offer him 3 years contract).

And yes we would all do the same (perhaps not the strike thing), but the difference is in the real world, if we left our companies for better offers, no one would call us 'loyal warriors' or defending us and saying we left because we wanted to go home. Everyone would say we left because it suited us, no sugar coating.

If he ain't set for life already after the wage he been on for 10 years then serious questions need to be asked about his spending :lol:

I'm a student on very low wages. My friend works on freezer trawler with around 15000 dollars per month. He is always as poor as me in the end of the month.

Rich people spend more. That just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom