Laurent Koscielny

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by THunter, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

There's bending over and then there's bending over. Imagine you own a bakery and the last twelve people who've come into your store and have been scam artists and tricked you somehow. You decide the next person that walks through the door, no matter what, you'll refuse them. The thirteenth person is a starving homeless kid who asks you for some free bread and you refuse because of past bad experiences.

Koscielny is that thirteenth person. We have to make a stand, but not with Kos. Save that for anyone else.

You can have passion and still consider it just a job because that is what it is. Even if you love your job, you still won't put it, or you shouldn't put it above your own needs.

Someone else will try it anyway but we shouldn't have let it get to this place.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yep, even Nasri went on tour when he was desperate to leave. Same with Pogba and Lukaku at United.

This is classless from Kos. Out of character as well.

3. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

His request is way out of line. Tearing up a contract has to be mutually agreed, you don't throw a hissy fit to get it. Just like we didn't ask him to play for free when he first joined us from a second division french league, he doesn't have the option to let him go on a free when he is still contracted at the dusk of his career.

Anyway he's never strike me a bright person, but I cannot ignore his contributions on the pitch.

Farewell, you have just tarnished your good work over the last 9 years.

4. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

American_Gooner likes this.
  5. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

Say the dumbest poster.....;).
    Seriously, are you that dumb in real life? That must be painful.

6. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

I would expect the club to do that too...... after we are paid for him. No pay no talk.

RacingPhoton and Hleb's Sirush like this.
  7. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

Amen to that. I have ****ing had it with the players behaving like this. Let him ****ing rot on the bench.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  8. CaseUteinberger

CaseUteinberger Cazorla (not Carzola ffs)

This is the key point. He signed that contract and he should bloody well be kept to it unless we deem that he should be sold. I am tired of this limp wrist way of running the club. Make an example of this guy.

RacingPhoton likes this.
  9. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

kos, santi, Özil, ramsey, jack, danny.

amazing.

10. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

I keep reading that Kos turned down Bayern, Barca and Madrid all while under contract, did any of them clubs actually agree a fee with Arsenal for him to turn them down?

Genuinely interested.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  11. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Again, it's not about letting him go. It's about the way he handled it. Boycotting a match is thoroughly unprofessional on his part.

12. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

You’re literally giving me a bad name bro

Camron, Trilly, lufere7 and 6 others like this.
  13. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

A starving homeless kid? :lol:

14. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

:lol: You know how many times I thought , "bit our of character from BP ther e", then "oh wait ......"

15. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

why would u want to schlep him around US when his injury means he needs careful workload monitoring. Didnt he need injections for pain before matches

16. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Adidas must be spewing , after that sensational bit of Arsenal PR . Why the **** was he even in there if he wanted to leave.?

Makingtrax likes this.
  17. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

if Laurent was smart, he'd just pull a Ramsey leave on a free next year with a big signing on fee to China or anywhere and his reputation would stay intact.
    Not smart at all. Maybe Emery communication had broken down, must have his reasons for sure

Makingtrax likes this.
  18. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

And they were brash hotheads and Nasri was still young

Something must have happened for a quiet reserved adult to do this

American_Gooner likes this.
  19. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

He must really want to leave. Such a shame that quite a few others don't feel the same.

20. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Yep I bet Mustafi and Özil can't wait to play a bit of air guitar across the US after they manage 20 passes in a rondo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.