• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I am talking attitude and commitment wise, evidently not performance's.
Having said that for Kos to get to that extreme, something must have happened between him and the current managing team. That is very unlike him. Was he promised something that was not delivered? I have a feeling there is more to this story.
Okay, thanks for clarifying. I also think so. His love for this club was visible throughout the years. Something more to this.
Emery making several enemies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Anyone blaming Emery needs a good look at themselves.

Koscielny has been an Arsenal player a long time. He is a character of the club. Captain. If he was promised an opportunity to leave then he needs the club's to bid for him.

If he has been told he won't be a guaranteed starter next year at 33 then play your balls of it training and preseason and show your the best.

Either way Koscielny is an Arsenal player. Not an Emery player. Not a Raul player. He plays for the fans and it's them who pay his wages. Respect the badge and he can certainly have his say a different way.

Look at how Gary Cahill conducted himself this year. Club captain to dropped and played basically 0 minutes of football all year. Not even in cups. Not a word until basically the last game or two of the season when Chelsea had all but secured champions league and were in the final of the cup.

carlito'sway

Established Member
If we grant his wish we lose him for free anyway. Point is we need to set a precedent and show refusing to turn up will not get him his wish of a terminated contract.

So we are going to pay him over 3 M this year and have sitting at Colney? Would be very smart from a club that apparently is trying to cut costs.
At the end of the day, he will leave this summer, that is a simple fact.

thierrytheking14

Credit where credit is due - his goal gave us the platform to go on and win our first trophy in 9 years. Didn't he score the goal one year that got us the win to get top 4 also?
Hence why I said thanks for the service. Hes had some great games for us, I'm not trying to take that away from him.

But let's be frank, he's made a fair few costly errors that have cost us. Most notably Birmingham in Carling Cup.

Get a few million for him, let him go if he doesn't want to be here, that's all I'm saying.

carlito'sway

Established Member
How is that any different from the statement they put out when RVP announced he wanted to leave?

Are you for real? You really don't know the facts, don't you? RVP came out first with a public statement and the club had to respond to it. AFC did not come out publicly until then. They did everything to handle this situation internally.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
He was a fantastic defender for most of the time, we don't have to talk bad about his performances now, just because he decided for this sh't move.

The statement from Arsenal was completely right too.

Think we will wait very long to get an offer or we will cancel the contract to save the wage at least. Surely he will not play another game for us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You are as thick in real life? o_O:)
It was a ridiculous statement from you, he's cost the team in several big games including semi-finals and finals.
Are you for real? RVP came out first with a statement and the club had to respond to it. AFC did not come out publicly until then. They did everything to handle this situation internally.
You can't go on tour without your club captain and not give a reason. It would've been leaked by journalists at some point and made the club look worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom