• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It normally happens when a player is found to be in breach of his contract, generally through either refusing to play, failing a drug test or bringing the club into disrepute.

Yes exactly, I mean is there any precedent of termination just because you want to leave and the club grants the wish? I can’t think of any.

Jae

Yes exactly, I mean is there any precedent of termination just because you want to leave and the club grants the wish? I can’t think of any.

I'm sure it's probably been done before but I haven't got any knowledge mate! The whole mutual consent thing tends to be with managers.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Whatever your opinion about his playing ability, the guy is a mild mannered gent. For him to do something like this, he’s pretty upset.

Worries me that the values Wenger brought to this club are disappearing fast. Exchanging respect for ruthlessness isn’t always a recipe for success.

Reason he is upset is, he's getting 2+1 years deal with Bordeaux and they are unwilling to pay anything in transfer fee. I think its a **** move from him considering he is the club captain. Lets not argue the fact that he is paid to be here, its not slavery.

Club is putting there foot down as it would have been made public anyways.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Spitting out the dummy is no way go to about this. This behavior wouldn't be tolerated in any other football club or profession for that matter especially for someone under contract. Smirks of entitlement.

Respect goes out the window when you do **** like that. There have been many loyal players much better than him at Arsenal and other clubs who had to either be sold for a small fee or leave on a free at the end of their contracts. He probably wants a better salary since he'll be leaving on a free.

Even more annoyingly, it's weakening our hand in signing a new centre back. If he was so loyal he'd be more invested in contributing more to our transfer budget for a replacement.
This should be the new policy at the club. All people who have been behind the scenes like Ornstein have described players having it too easy and being too comfortable. It's what breeds this petulant entitlement.

NEWSFLASH......Players ask or push for transfers or to be released regularly. That is nothing new there. The only thing new is that the club decided to make a big fuss about it.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Well....Let me repeat it then, that would not have happened under Wenger. This club is run by incompetents, to be polite. This shambolic statement is one more proof of it.

Whatever the reason may be but the Badge comes first. He is the ****ing captain of this team and him throwing his toys out of the pram like that make him look weak. He could have carried his negotiations with the club and still traveled on the tour.

I'm baffled that some of you in a way are supporting Kos on this. Absolute **** move by him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Reason he is upset is, he's getting 2+1 years deal with Bordeaux and they are unwilling to pay anything in transfer fee. I think its a **** move from him considering he is the club captain. Lets not argue the fact that he is paid to be here, its not slavery.

Club is putting there foot down as it would have been made public anyways.
Maybe that’s the issue. But normally this stuff is left to agents while the player just gets on with business. To not go on tour it sounds more personal. And why the is the club making such a fuss. That statement is designed to make the player look bad. What happened to quiet diplomacy.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Whatever the reason may be but the Badge comes first. He is the ****ing captain of this team and him throwing his toys out of the pram like that make him look weak. He could have carried his negotiations with the club and still traveled on the tour.

I'm baffled that some of you in a way are supporting Kos on this. Absolute **** move by him.

Why don't you get all the facts before jumping to conclusion? We don't know what he has been told or promised. **** move is the club statement. Totally unnecessary.
My (and others) position is that the club can let him go since he is 34 yr old, has been a great servant of the club and has limited financial value anyway.

Tom349

Spitting out the dummy is no way go to about this. This behavior wouldn't be tolerated in any other football club or profession for that matter especially for someone under contract. Smirks of entitlement.

Respect goes out the window when you do **** like that. There have been many loyal players much better than him at Arsenal and other clubs who had to either be sold for a small fee or leave on a free at the end of their contracts. He probably wants a better salary since he'll be leaving on a free.

Even more annoyingly, it's weakening our hand in signing a new centre back. If he was so loyal he'd be more invested in contributing more to our transfer budget for a replacement.
This should be the new policy at the club. All people who have been behind the scenes like Ornstein have described players having it too easy and being too comfortable. It's what breeds this petulant entitlement.

Spitting the dummy? Please if anyone has spat the dummy its the idiots in charge who decided to release a statement when firstly they should have honoured his wishes and beyond conjured up any other excuse then the one they did. We literally did the same thing for Debuchy who did nothing for this club and we won't do the same for Kos who has been a warrior. Whilst I could find many examples of different sporting codes terminating the contract of a player and I can tell you the ones who don't terminate contracts and make life difficult aren't the successful clubs/teams.

He isn't getting better than 90k a week from a mid tier french team. People seriously need to go back and watch some of our games last season and see how much Kos was struggling to complete 90 minutes and how much he is no longer up to the pace of the premier league which is unrivalled in speed and physicality and not suited to 33 soon to be 34 year olds centrebacks. Lets not forget he come off one of the worst injuries any athlete can have (torn achilles) and the club immediately threw into a **** show and played him in 5 games in 12 days. Ask yourself if you're a player would you want to potentially being asked to do something similar at 34? In any case Kos leaving should be beneficial for both parties, we get off his wages and get to promote someone for the future (what we should be doing) while he gets to play in a more relaxed environment against lesser opposition in his home country that should see him be able to play an extra couple of years verus giving everything he has left to play one more year in the premier league.

Absolute rubbish. The club has had months to sign players especially a CB and haven't managed it. Why should Kos wait around all window for them when he made his intentions clear. The club releasing this statement directs the attention away from their ineptness in being able to identify and sign talent. Haggling over 2-3m in this transfer market isn't worth treating one of our best servants like ****.

Tom349

Just going to leave this here as I dare Kos is in a similar boat at this point in his career:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45418652

In March, Mertesacker told German publication Der Spiegel that instead of thriving on the glamour of his profession, the stress of performing induced nausea and diarrhoea.

Repeating his claim that football caused him anxiety, he said: "Being in a career and going from highlight to highlight and playing a lot of matches you go through it and think it's normal when you play in front of 60,000 and you almost want to vomit in front of every game.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Spitting the dummy? Please if anyone has spat the dummy its the idiots in charge who decided to release a statement when firstly they should have honoured his wishes and beyond conjured up any other excuse then the one they did. We literally did the same thing for Debuchy who did nothing for this club and we won't do the same for Kos who has been a warrior. Whilst I could find many examples of different sporting codes terminating the contract of a player and I can tell you the ones who don't terminate contracts and make life difficult aren't the successful clubs/teams.

He isn't getting better than 90k a week from a mid tier french team. People seriously need to go back and watch some of our games last season and see how much Kos was struggling to complete 90 minutes and how much he is no longer up to the pace of the premier league which is unrivalled in speed and physicality and not suited to 33 soon to be 34 year olds centrebacks. Lets not forget he come off one of the worst injuries any athlete can have (torn achilles) and the club immediately threw into a **** show and played him in 5 games in 12 days. Ask yourself if you're a player would you want to potentially being asked to do something similar at 34? In any case Kos leaving should be beneficial for both parties, we get off his wages and get to promote someone for the future (what we should be doing) while he gets to play in a more relaxed environment against lesser opposition in his home country that should see him be able to play an extra couple of years verus giving everything he has left to play one more year in the premier league.

Absolute rubbish. The club has had months to sign players especially a CB and haven't managed it. Why should Kos wait around all window for them when he made his intentions clear. The club releasing this statement directs the attention away from their ineptness in being able to identify and sign talent. Haggling over 2-3m in this transfer market isn't worth treating one of our best servants like ****.

An other great post! Amen.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're always defending Kroenke no matter what. Have you ever criticised him for anything ever. Any Arsenal fan knows he's been a **** owner. He's lucky Usmanov had that rape thing on him or we wouldn't have forced Kroenke out a long time ago.

I don’t defend Kronke, I just don’t expect him to invest his money in the team and blaming him when we’re in bad form is a bit of a cop out, I’d rather blame the players most of the time. I just say we’ve always been cheap even before Kronke he hasn’t changed this. People don’t know what they want from him it’s just someone to blame.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Two things about this annoy me.

A) Whatever the reason, why has the club gone so public about this, instead of trying to resolve it quietly. Don’t like the motive behind that.

B) This means Mustafi gets more game time. Noooooooooooooo!
Nah. The Bastard Days are finally here, thanks to Raul, and I love it.

Sick of all our failures treating the club like **** for almost a decade and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom