• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Say we get him, what do you think it would mean for the CAM spot? I think this would be it for us. Auba would play more on the left (ugh), and ESR will be our CAM.

Would you be happy with this? Another season of Partey Xhaka and ESR as our midfield 3?
————————Martinez——————
Martinelli/Saka—Aouar—ESR—Pepe—
—————————Partey——————

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
————————Martinez——————
Martinelli/Saka—Aouar—ESR—Pepe—
—————————Partey——————
If we get Martinez, I can't see us making another signing, not without us getting fees for players we offload (unlikely)

I would absolutely love to see Ødegaard behind Lautaro. The press would be relentless.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You do realise this goes against everything you've been saying, did you even watch the video? They all say he's an outstanding player just needs consistency. Little bit in Lukaku's shadow so if he joins us he would be the main guy.
Both are saying he has more not good days than good days and they are unsure he has the consistency. As Wenger said difference between top players and good difference is consistency. He said on his day he is wonderful like moratta and has too many days he lacks confidence and once that happens he can’t hold the ball and B looks weak. I’m not sure he would have enough good days was his word.

Both agree he has potential, but so far not shown consistency in his career

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Would love this signing, really excellent player and being honest not the type I'd have thought we could attract right now. If we sign him he's definitely a Laca replacement as opposed to Auba. All those games where we saw Laca dropping very deep is exactly how we would play him.

I don't like that it means Auba would be playing LW for the majority of the season again but you'd hope we'd play him nearer the penalty box rather than on the touchline with the space their would be available for him to run into.

Makes sense that we would want to keep Xhaka as well as we'll be asking him to drop deep and fill in on the left hand side defensively with Tierney and Auba getting forward.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I love Auba but if you get the chance to sign Lautaro you just take it. Kicking out that oil tanker for a proper midfielder should be the first priority but this would be a decent consolation

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Funny we look more serious about getting CF than getting AM or CM who are more important positions to strength. The market still in slow pace Italian teams haven't made a major deal they all struggling 😭

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Both are saying he has more not good days than good days and they are unsure he has the consistency. As Wenger said difference between top players and good difference is consistency. He said on his day he is wonderful like moratta and has too many days he lacks confidence and once that happens he can’t hold the ball and B looks weak. I’m not sure he would have enough good days was his word.

Both agree he has potential, but so far not shown consistency in his career
People said Nasri was inconsistent. But he was never inconsistent.

Nasri always has the ball glued to his boots. His dribbling was always great, he always make good combination passes in the midfield, he contributes a lot in the build up play, he always appears in the right space, he always help us keep possession, he always make good decision on the pitch, he always makes the team better. His play was always consistent.

However, some stupid cxxt just look at the numbers and make stupid opinion based on that, saying his numbers are inconsistent.

blrgooner

Established Member
If there is any chance for us to get Lautaro Martinez, we should obviously gobble up the chance. I don`t think we should be looking at strikers but this guy is way better than what we have and would improve us for sure.

blrgooner

Established Member

Nasri always has the ball glued to his boots. His dribbling was always great, he always make good combination passes in the midfield, he contributes a lot in the build up play, he always help us keep possession, he always make good decision on the pitch, he always makes the team better. His play was always consistent.

However, some stupid cxxt just look at the numbers and make stupid opinion based on that, saying his numbers are inconsistent.
Agree. The inconsistancy jibe is often used in the context of end results by the pundits. Sometimes one feels that they watch only highlights to make up opinions. I think its important to understand what the player does when he does not appear in the highlights. From that point of view Nasri was always a great player. Very good example IMO.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nasri always has the ball glued to his boots. His dribbling was always great, he always make good combination passes in the midfield, he contributes a lot in the build up play and help us keep possession, he always make good decision on the pitch and make the team better. His play was always consistent.

Nasri is bigger talent. Someone who was one of the most talented players in Europe as a youngster from 16 and up. Martinez is not that level of talent. I’m just saying two guys who watch seria a regularly said they both unsure as he is inconsistent. That’s not what you spend on 60-70 million. And offcourse he would be interested in coming here he is on about 50k and would get 200k coming here.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Would love this signing, really excellent player and being honest not the type I'd have thought we could attract right now. If we sign him he's definitely a Laca replacement as opposed to Auba. All those games where we saw Laca dropping very deep is exactly how we would play him.

I don't like that it means Auba would be playing LW for the majority of the season again but you'd hope we'd play him nearer the penalty box rather than on the touchline with the space their would be available for him to run into.

Makes sense that we would want to keep Xhaka as well as we'll be asking him to drop deep and fill in on the left hand side defensively with Tierney and Auba getting forward.
We need to get rid of rubbish poacher who offer nothing other than the scoring touch, doing nothing for 90 minutes making our team worse off. Auba has to be thrown out sooner or later.

Martinez is definitely an upgrade on lacazette in terms of general play. We need him to replace Lacazette. And in the future windows, we either get another false 9 or develop our own young players into another Martinez.

I have had enough. Sick of watching limited players like walcott, giroud, auba over the years.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

If we’re being realistic, looking at the tail end of last season and this preseason, striker is probably one of our weakest positions. Auba looks a shell of his former self and we’re kind of banking on him finding his 20+ goals form which he just doesn’t look like doing and everything else he’s poor at.

I just hate the thought of keeping Xhaka but suppose if it means a decent striker then what can we do.

bonzka

Arteta sending emails to the scouting department: ‘give me everything on L.Martinez’

‘Email address not recognised’

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Someone should shut up for a second, watch this, and make an unbias observation of his play.

In terms of finishing we won't know until he's here if it happens. Just because from a compilation you don't know if he is missing 100 per game and then scoring one for a highlight reel. So need some finishing stats along with the highlights to paint a better picture.

In terms of all round play he's like your typical South american pitbull. Works hard, good touch, can link play up front, low centre of gravity etc etc.

Excellent little player perfect age.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We need to get rid of rubbish poacher who offer nothing other than the scoring touch, doing nothing for 90 minutes making our team worse off. Auba has to be thrown out sooner or later.

Martinez is definitely an upgrade on lacazette in terms of general play. We need him to replace Lacazette. And in the future windows, we either get another false 9 or develop our own young players into another Martinez.

I have had enough. Sick of watching limited players like walcott, giroud, auba over the years.
Auba has in the last 6 season 123 league goals in 186 league games. Despite last season bad scoring record that’s elite numbers. Bugging up a dude who is not even an actual striker who has worse goal record last 3 season in seria a than lacazette has in pl is laughable.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Precisely. Honestly this would not only elevate our attack in the striker role but brings Auba and Pepe into things so much better.
I think the fact he is currently a little inconsistent and not the finished article is why we have a shot. City, Liverpool and Chelsea want the very best.

He is very similar to Alexis for me. Stocky, relentless, decent pace, good in the air, a fighter. But, like Alexis, he can hold onto the ball for to long as his passing/finishing is hit and miss. I see no reason why he wouldn’t have a similar impact to Alexis.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
In terms of finishing we won't know until he's here if it happens. Just because from a compilation you don't know if he is missing 100 per game and then scoring one for a highlight reel. So need some finishing stats along with the highlights to paint a better picture.

In terms of all round play he's like your typical South american pitbull. Works hard, good touch, can link play up front, low centre of gravity etc etc.

Excellent little player perfect age.
Finishing is important if you create only one chance per game. It is not important if you can create chances after chances after chances after chances after chances...

High team xG is what we should achieve. For example an xG of 0.99 means you are almost certain to score in that area (an area probably 1 metre away from goal) it doesn’t take a top finisher to finish it. All you have to do is to create enough of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom