• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The thing I have in my head with Lautaro is that he does play with Lukaku and drops a bit deeper etc. Someone said it the other day but almost like a "9.5". He's the perfect transitional striker for Laca/Auba. But he also doesn't completely block ESR.
The only way I see Lautaro working here is false 9, which means Auba left because I just can't see him being bench/rotation. Atleast not without stinking out the place for a prolonged period first and credit to Arteta - he's largely stuck by Auba so far.

We'd still have the problem of getting the ball to them and creating chances and it is unfair to believe Ben White is going to change that single handedly.

Not doubting Martinez's quality I just don't get it.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The Auba and Lacazette dynamic never quite worked and we'd just be continuing this if we sign this guy, even if the dreaded Lacazette leaves.

I feel like we've thrown our needs and focus on finding the correct profile out the window and gone for the opportunistic star power signing which has never quite worked for us.

Are we fine with Auba on the wings indefinitely? Will we play 2 upfront to get the best out of Lautaro?

The main plus sides to this signing is he is admittedly better than everything we have (bar Auba's goalscoring) and he would put an end to the ESR/Willian false 9 stuff from happening ever again. Otherwise this is reminiscent of when we went all in with Saliba and Pepe whilst not addressing more pressing needs.
I blame mislintat, the guy was a fraud, bought some absolute lemons.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not been funny but we need to start planning for life without Auba.

I thought that's what we were doing with Balogun being tied down and having Martinelli. That said I get your point. But we're not even using him correctly currently.

Gn1212

Going by what's being posted here, it feels that he's a better creator, tho.

Could be wrong, as I only ever see Jesus when he plays for Brazil.
They're very similar players. I think in terms of creativity they're both on par. I think physically is the key area that Jesus has the edge which for me is a very important aspect in this league.

Gn1212

Kane will be signed there replace Aguero
Sure but it's been reported by various outlets that City are looking to offload players, not because they necessarily need the money but because the squad will be too big. No point keeping players that won't play, likely to cause backroom drama.
Jesus and Bernardo have been the main ones rumoured to be in the outs.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think it’s okay to suggest maybe Saka won’t be as crucial as he was last season if we sign a CF and that’s fine with me.

Fwiw, Auba to me looks finished right now, he’s had a handful of easy chances in preseason that he’s missed but we’d need to see more come the PL to really know this.

If it was me, I’d sign Lautaro, sell Laca and let Saka play here and there until either Auba finds form or he’s so bad Saka comes in.

Saka Lautaro Pepe for me is a really balanced front 3. Auba Lautaro Pepe is basically what we see now but you improve on hold up play.

Main thing for me is Laca leaving and Lautaro coming in and that’ll be the sticking point provided all other rumours are true.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think it’s okay to suggest maybe Saka won’t be as crucial as he was last season if we sign a CF and that’s fine with me.

Fwiw, Auba to me looks finished right now, he’s had a handful of easy chances in preseason that he’s missed but we’d need to see more come the PL to really know this.

If it was me, I’d sign Lautaro, sell Laca and let Saka play here and there until either Auba finds form or he’s so bad Saka comes in.

Saka Lautaro Pepe for me is a really balanced front 3. Auba Lautaro Pepe is basically what we see now but you improve on hold up play.

Main thing for me is Laca leaving and Lautaro coming in and that’ll be the sticking point provided all other rumours are true.

Its all me me me with you isn't it, this is how you stole my girl.

Goonger

Can't see us dropping Auba at least this season. So what do we think would work best....Auba left, Martinez centre & Saka / Pepe right with ESR 10, or Auba in the centre & Martinez number 10?

How did Liverpool incorporate Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling & Coutinho, because that isn't too far off in terms of profile of players?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

How did Liverpool incorporate Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling & Coutinho, because that isn't too far off in terms of profile of players?
They all played, with Coutinho 10.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah I can't see a starting 11 without Saka or Auba just yet.

Lacazette feels like he's gone to me Martinez or no Martinez I just don't see him staying.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't see us dropping Auba at least this season. So what do we think would work best....Auba left, Martinez centre & Saka / Pepe right with ESR 10, or Auba in the centre & Martinez number 10?

It was pretty much Coutinho and Sterling wide with Suarez a bit deeper and Sturridge up top wasn't it?

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Youd put Pepe ahead of Saka, I'd find that... unusual? I cant see Arteta ever doing that unless Pepe is getting at least a goal a game anyway and even then...

You understand how much of our play depended upon Saka, him and Esr - without them Pepe would only be getting the ball in non-dangerous positions.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’d actually switch to a three in midfield especially if Partey is out injured. Against the top 4 sides we can revert to something else but we should be trying this against Brentford:

ESR Auba Pepe
Lokonga Xhaka Willock​

Would be interesting to revert to a 4-3-3 with Willock in the box to box role.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah you’d have Auba Lautaro Saka as an alternative as well. Only real issue I have is with Martinelli. Hopefully he gets a loan regardless and more or less a full season

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’d actually switch to a three in midfield especially if Partey is out injured. Against the top 4 sides we can revert to something else but we should be trying this against Brentford:

ESR Auba Pepe
Lokonga Xhaka Willock​

I really love the look of Lokonga, seems to constantly play forward. I think he's one of few who will be able to transition to the speed of the premier league very easily.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

ESR Auba Pepe
Lokonga Xhaka Willock​

Even if Arteta wanted to stick with his normal setup he could play

Esr------Auba----Pepe
---------Willock
Lokonga---Xhaka

and it could work, but pretty sure we're going to see Elneny and Laca - with Laca trying to drop deep to cover for Elneny not passing it forward... like yesterday instead :(

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I really love the look of Lokonga, seems to constantly play forward. I think he's one of few who will be able to transition to the speed of the premier league very easily.

I agree, I noticed he was passing through the lines with ease and he didn’t have any issues when getting pressed. Seems like a very bright prospect.

I think we’re going to see more of Willock’s late runs into the box especially with Pepe/Tierney’s cut backs. Got a feeling Willock will score a few like that similar to yesterday’s goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom