• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, I tortured myself by having a look at the 5-1 game. BBC had the line up as 433, Gerrard at the base, Coutinho left of him, Henderson right. Then up top Sterling left, Suarez centre at Sturridge right.

However I think the main thing was the movement of the front 3 meant they could all interchange & go in any position, & were being fed by quick balls from the midfield to get them isolated running at defences.

Also, watching that back, 5-1 actually flattered us. Could have been 8 again!
Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and 3 average players

LG10

To accommodate Martinez you surely need to go 433. If he can operate in that false 9 role, you should look to transition ESR into a wide left sided CM. This would open up opportunities for Willock as a right sided CM.

You can then play Pepe/Auba and Saka either side of Martinez. Tierney would give us that Robertson type role in a 433, with either another marauder signed at RB or maybe someone to tuck into the defence (considering our midfield would be quite attacking).

Leno
Emerson White Gabriel Tierney
Willock Partey ESR
Saka Martinez Pepe

Probably need to sign an additional no.8 like Aouar or Sabitzer who are available cheap.

The average age in that XI would be under 25.
He cannot in any way play as a lone striker/ false 9, cab only play with a partner.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He cannot in any way play as a lone striker/ false 9, cab only play with a partner.
I see why you think that way as he plays in a two striker formation but I agree with @Heavy Duty Rom .

I think it would take some time to get used to it but false 9 suits players who you would usually say need to play in a two striker formation. Or at least players like Lautaro. He’s good with his back to goal, good at creating and doing the dirty work. Looks kind of like a Firmino, Lacazette, Sanchez type player. He enjoys dropping deep and not being the target man. Would still score more goals than Lacazette and Firmino once hes up and running.

LG10

Give him 2 skilful partners, play 4-3-3.
He’s not good enough to build a team around. With the profiles we have we need a target man type not a poacher player
I see why you think that way as he plays in a two striker formation but I agree with @Heavy Duty Rom .

I think it would take some time to get used to it but false 9 suits players who you would usually say need to play in a two striker formation. Or at least players like Lautaro. He’s good with his back to goal, good at creating and doing the dirty work. Looks kind of like a Firmino, Lacazette, Sanchez type player. He enjoys dropping deep and not being the target man. Would still score more goals than Lacazette and Firmino once hes up and running.
He’s slow and weak, never gonna work in the pl, firmino is the only false 9 type that has been successful in the pl and he has mane and salah (and is terrific himself).

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez and 3 average players
Sturridge and Gerrard weren’t average ffs. Liverpool should have won the league that year, Suarez was unplayable. They got 84 points 2nd, Arsenal 79, 4th. Then they sold Suarez and Rogers dropped out of the top 4 immediately even with £75m extra to spend, Wenger didn’t though, coming 3rd and getting CL yet again with exciting attacking football.

Anyway our foolish fans had had enough of those few 5-1 drubbings, couldn’t see the wood for the trees and forced him out to get served this miserable stuff at mid-table Arsenal.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Sturridge and Gerrard weren’t average ffs. Liverpool should have won the league that year, Suarez was unplayable. They got 84 points 2nd, Arsenal 79, 4th. Then they sold Suarez and Rogers dropped out of the top 4 immediately even with £75m extra to spend, Wenger didn’t though, coming 3rd and getting CL yet again with exciting attacking football.

Anyway our foolish fans had had enough of those few 5-1 drubbings, couldn’t see the wood for the trees and forced him out to get served this miserable stuff at mid-table Arsenal.

45597265.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I think we just all have to accept there was never a perfect time for him to leave. He couldn't stay forever and when he did leave it was always going to be major surgery to rebuild.

I think him staying longer and longer would've just prolonged this process we are going through now. None of us wanted Arsenal to drop to 8th of course. Which sucks, but we were always going to have to drop to come back up and try to win the big titles again.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we just all have to accept there was never a perfect time for him to leave. He couldn't stay forever and when he did leave it was always going to be major surgery to rebuild.

I think him staying longer and longer would've just prolonged this process we are going through now. None of us wanted Arsenal to drop to 8th of course. Which sucks, but we were always going to have to drop to come back up and try to win the big titles again.
I’m amazed at your optimism that we’ll win big titles again. Beating all three of the money teams is pretty impossible and if it happens, like Liverpool, it’ll be once a blue moon. Top 4 is our ceiling and continuous top 4 is just incredible.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’m amazed at your optimism that we’ll win big titles again. Beating all three of the money teams is pretty impossible and if it happens, like Liverpool, it’ll be once a blue moon. Top 4 is our ceiling and continuous top 4 is just incredible.

I think we will. I think we spend enough I just don't think we always spend it wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom