• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Not really. That was always a more feasible transfer due to the buy out clause.

You kinda moved the goalposts there though. Your question was initially about the players ambition not the fee. The biggest reason Partey wanted to come here was because of the huge wage increase. Who knows maybe Lautaro could be lured for the same incentive?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You kinda moved the goalposts there though. Your question was initially about the players ambition not the fee. The biggest reason Partey wanted to come here was because of the huge wage increase. Who knows maybe Lautaro could be lured for the same incentive?
That is a fair comment. I'll concede your initial point.

I still don't see this as very realistic. Unless the player is motivated by financial gain, there is very little in this for the player. We'll know soon enough though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

That is a fair comment. I'll concede your initial point.

I still don't see this as very realistic. Unless the player is motivated by financial gain, there is very little in this for the player. We'll know soon enough though.
Its not realistic but still worth a punt!

D

Dial Square 1886

So if he is really available for this kind of price, then why would a big club with CL not come in for him?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I personally don't think he's worth all the hype

But he's definitely better than Laca now. Would be ok for it.. Doubt it happens though

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Btw where will he play? If cf we will shunt auba wide again?
Or as a 10? Could become a 442

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Btw where will he play? If cf we will shunt auba wide again?
Or as a 10? Could become a 442

Can't see us going for a full 4-4-2. He will probably play as a 9.5 like Lacazette does for us.

Pepe could actually end up being a bit further up depending on the situation, as he is quite good on those 50-50 headers. Auba would drift into the upper left pocket he loves and that could allows us to use Saka and ESR at 10 as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Can't see us going for a full 4-4-2. He will probably play as a 9.5 like Lacazette does for us.

Pepe could actually end up being a bit further up depending on the situation, as he is quite good on those 50-50 headers. Auba would drift into the upper left pocket he loves and that could allows us to use Saka and ESR at 10 as well.

You reckon it's Lautaro OR Maddison? I mean I'd be going for the former. It's fairly clear we want a marquee forward signing.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You reckon it's Lautaro OR Maddison? I mean I'd be going for the former. It's fairly clear we want a marquee forward signing.

It's either/or, too much money on fees/wages. Lacazette would need to leave as well.

Then you've got Hector, Torreira, Kolasinac and the hale enders all needing to be moved. Honestly think we'll be done with chasing players like we did White after Ramsdale is closed.

Only deals happening after that are those famous Arsène-esque late transfers. If I may go full HSG for a moment, I would just call Aulas and offer them Lacazette and money for both Auoar and Guimarães.

Either keep his out fee low or offer to subsizide wages like we did with Özil and Fenner. It's 12 months, but it my get over 100k of his wages off the books and we are defo paying him to leave during the January window so we can get rid of part of his wages.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

if we buy him it will be one of those situation where you have to accommodate him. Because there is no way in hell he replaces Auba. And pepe I stay out wide most of my time isnt gonna become Son and play as half striker. I would say even laca is more of natural striker than him. Only way you buy him is to use him to his full potential and it would be 2 man strike force next to Auba

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I’d give Xhaka a 10 year contract if they could pull this off. I think there’s a chance. Man City and Chelsea would be the main opposition but they seem preoccupied with other targets.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That would be an amazing deal if we can replace laca with lautaro the problem inter won't be interested in any swap deals they need cash if we have 50m to give them they'll sell he not signing new contract.

Need to get rid of laca first and that the major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom