• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we’re being realistic, looking at the tail end of last season and this preseason, striker is probably one of our weakest positions. Auba looks a shell of his former self and we’re kind of banking on him finding his 20+ goals form which he just doesn’t look like doing and everything else he’s poor at.

I just hate the thought of keeping Xhaka but suppose if it means a decent striker then what can we do.
I rather bank on the guy who has 20+ league goals in 5 of last 6 years than a guy who never got 20 in any season

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We need to get rid of rubbish poacher who offer nothing other than the scoring touch, doing nothing for 90 minutes making our team worse off. Auba has to be thrown out sooner or later.

Martinez is definitely an upgrade on lacazette in terms of general play. We need him to replace Lacazette. And in the future windows, we either get another false 9 or develop our own young players into another Martinez.

I have had enough. Sick of watching limited players like walcott, giroud, auba over the years.

Whether you think he's limited or not scoring goals is how you win matches at the end of the day. You don't win it with which team passes the ball about the most. I'd hate to see what you'd think of someone like Wrighty if he played for us right now.

We've got very few goals in the side and Martinez isn't exactly a natural goalscorer so far either so I'm pretty sure Auba will still have a big part to play next season. Especially given the contract he's on.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I rather bank on the guy who has 20+ league goals in 5 of last 6 years than a guy who never got 20 in any season

We’d have both anyway. But Auba looks awful atm.

Gunners1616

Not sure about this one. Really would prefer a different profile like Dolberg, tall, much more physical and who can exploit Tierney and Chambers crosses.

Martinez is exactly what we hope Martinelli can become. And we also have Balogun who need game time.

He would cost 70M+ that's a lot for someone who hasn't passed the 20 goals bar in the league yet....

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Whether you think he's limited or not scoring goals is how you win matches at the end of the day. You don't win it with which team passes the ball about the most. I'd hate to see what you'd think of someone like Wrighty if he played for us right now.

We've got very few goals in the side and Martinez isn't exactly a natural goalscorer so far either so I'm pretty sure Auba will still have a big part to play next season. Especially given the contract he's on.
We don’t have enough goals because we are not controlling matches, so we are not creating enough chances, and therefore, not enough goals.

Having auba, or adding another poacher is further worsening the situation. We would have even less control, creating even less chances, and scoring even less goals.

Poachers might score you some goals. But as long as they are not good general play contributor, you team will suffer and your team will score less. Teams play with poachers have relatively low number of goals as a team with most of their goals scored from their poacher.

Having a false 9 and adding a few more creative players will make our team creating more chances. The number of goals will increase and it does not matter who actually gets to the end of it. The false 9 might not score as much, but the winger will start scoring, the midfielders will start scoring, and the team will score a lot more overall.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We’d have both anyway. But Auba looks awful atm.
Auba had bad season for sure. But I don’t think he is finished. His finishing was off last season. I don’t mind us getting Martinez, the more player the better. I’m just amazed people think he will lead the line and compare him to aguero cause they both argies and short.

This guy would just be used as an attacking midfielder in the end. He is more of a midfielder than actual striker

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Impact similar to Alexis? I’m not so sure if that would be the case. Alexis our best player in the last decade and changed games by himself.
As I’ve said I haven’t watched him much.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We don’t have enough goals because we are not controlling matches, so we are not creating enough chances, and therefore, not enough goals.

Having auba, or adding another poacher is further worsening the situation. We would have even less control, creating even less chances, and scoring even less goals.

Poachers might score you some goals. But as long as they are not good general play contributor, you team will suffer and your team will score less. Teams play with poachers have relatively low number of goals as a team with most of their goals scored from their poacher.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have the endless supply of cash to get the players/coach to play the perfect football you desire, not many clubs do.

Having a player like Martinez around would definitely help Auba get more space to operate in though, providing we don't have him glued to the touchline of course.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Impact similar to Alexis? I’m not so sure if that would be the case. Alexis our best player in the last decade and changed games by himself.
As I’ve said I haven’t watched him much.
From what I’ve seen, he’s not quite at the level Sanchez was at when he joined us, but they have similar characteristics, both physically and mentally. Alexis has the edge from a technical point of view.

Jack Circus

If we’re being realistic, looking at the tail end of last season and this preseason, striker is probably one of our weakest positions. Auba looks a shell of his former self and we’re kind of banking on him finding his 20+ goals form which he just doesn’t look like doing and everything else he’s poor at.

I just hate the thought of keeping Xhaka but suppose if it means a decent striker then what can we do.

These are the 4 senior forwards last season, my dog sh*ts bigger radars than these.

E61TGLOUcAAGan9

E61TGLPVIAMHVdM

E6lnP7rVIAoN3Uk

E4poW1eVEAI9XXY

Thicc boi Taro with the girthy radar

E7d99q3UUAQyGT5

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Unfortunately we don't seem to have the endless supply of cash to get the players/coach to play the perfect football you desire, not many clubs do.

Having a player like Martinez around would definitely help Auba get more space to operate in though, providing we don't have him glued to the touchline of course.
There are a lot of cheap technical players out there.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Not sure about this one. Really would prefer a different profile like Dolberg, tall, much more physical and who can exploit Tierney and Chambers crosses.

Martinez is exactly what we hope Martinelli can become. And we also have Balogun who need game time.

He would cost 70M+ that's a lot for someone who hasn't passed the 20 goals bar in the league yet....
I'm not big fan of him either and definitely 70M is a lot but despite his height Lautaro is pretty good in the air like Alexis. Obv he is not going to win high crosses against Van Dijk type CBs but he can definitely exploit low / across the goal whipped crosses. He scores a lot of headers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol exactly man is talking about creating 15-20 chances with this guy. Even prime messi wouldn’t have that impact. I think he would be very good playing off Auba. Problem is we have seen nothing that says Arteta is tactically flexible to get the best out of his players. Martinez style wise would create real problems for Arteta as I don’t see him creating formation that Auba, Martinez, pepe and saka can function in. We talking about a manager who’s favourite play is pass to fullbacks and let them put a cross in.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A statement signing where there are much more pressing needs in the squad. Those have really worked well for us before.

Arteta and Edu kept saying they had plans and I don’t see evidence of this, Lautoro defo wouldn’t have been part of this.

Undoubted quality however, bringing in a false 9 instead of another #10 is an interesting alternative.

The Athletic claimed Ben White took most of our budget anyways.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we extended Xhaka, added White and MØ plus Lautaro I think that’d actually be an impressive window :lol:

Still need a RB but if we chucked some money down for Conor Roberts could be a bargain. Don’t know if we’d have enough money for Sam Johnstone as well in that scenario.

If it comes down to Maddison or Lautaro + MØ it’s no contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom