• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Lol exactly man is talking about creating 15-20 chances with this guy. Even prime messi wouldn’t have that impact. I think he would be very good playing off Auba. Problem is we have seen nothing that says Arteta is tactically flexible to get the best out of his players. Martinez style wise would create real problems for Arteta as I don’t see him creating formation that Auba, Martinez, pepe and saka can function in. We talking about a manager who’s favourite play is pass to fullbacks and let them put a cross in.
Other than Saka nobody in the forward line is creating chances, adding Martinez would mean 2 out of the 3 are creating chances as well as adding another goal threat. You either drop Auba or Pepe and whichever is playing will be played in to more dangerous positions more often while getting more space. At that point you can choose whether you want your main goalscoring threat coming from the left Auba or the right Pepe.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
A statement signing where there are much more pressing needs in the squad. Those have really worked well for us before.

Arteta and Edu kept saying they had plans and I don’t see evidence of this, Lautoro defo wouldn’t have been part of this.

Undoubted quality however, bringing in a false 9 instead of another #10 is an interesting alternative.

The Athletic claimed Ben White took most of our budget anyways.
Going by the reports we always rated Martinez but only realised he was an option while talking to Inter about Bellerin.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Lol exactly man is talking about creating 15-20 chances with this guy. Even prime messi wouldn’t have that impact. I think he would be very good playing off Auba. Problem is we have seen nothing that says Arteta is tactically flexible to get the best out of his players. Martinez style wise would create real problems for Arteta as I don’t see him creating formation that Auba, Martinez, pepe and saka can function in. We talking about a manager who’s favourite play is pass to fullbacks and let them put a cross in.

I actually think Martinez is pretty close to the ideal style of CF Arteta seems to like. I think he'd want him to do what he's asked Laca to do when he's played up top. Think how well Laca linked up with Pepe/Saka/ESR away to Prague for instance.

Auba can't get involved playing LW since we moved to the back 4 though as he's asked to play so deep and wide which I could see still being an issue. He only looked good there when we had the back 3 with Laca dropping very deep into midfield at times. Again I think that would suit Martinez as well if we decided to play that way.

The other point is that I've only seen Martinez play with a strike partner at club level with both Icardi and then Lukaku. His link up play with both was excellent but I don't know how or if he's played on his own up top.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Going by the reports we always rated Martinez but only realised he was an option while talking to Inter about Bellerin.
He’s not coming to a club like Arsenal in my opinion. Even if he did, it wouldn’t be our smartest signing ever.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
just cant see one of the English big boys not being tempted if he is on the market... three need a striker

need to act super quick 🤞

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
There's lot of scouts out there too but none of them ours it seems.
It doesn’t take much scouting. I remember watching two or three u17 international matches around 2 years ago. And a few players stands out. Kiao Jorge, Salah-Eddie, Naci Unuvar......It might be a small sample size as it is only one tournament, but once you identify their potential talent, you can always watch more of how they play at their clubs, to see if they are playing well in a consistent basis.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
He’s not coming to a club like Arsenal in my opinion. Even if he did, it wouldn’t be our smartest signing ever.
If we can convince him and he comes in and he delivers it would bring us up a level. He'll only be 24 though at the end of August and fits in with the young team - long term strategy we seem to be going for. Its rare enough a striker with talent becomes available though but yeah its a risky one and easier to improve other areas.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
People arguing that Martinez is too good for Arsenal need to have a word to themselves. He has put up average to good numbers for a dominant team in the Italian league. He is definitely gettable if we can pay the fee.

Although he's not the finished article I think he would be a very good Laca replacement. Looks like the all round striker we should be targeting as a different profile to Auba and has a bit of everything to his game. Would be very happy with this, as long as we bring in an AM as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Other than Saka nobody in the forward line is creating chances, adding Martinez would mean 2 out of the 3 are creating chances as well as adding another goal threat. You either drop Auba or Pepe and whichever is playing will be played in to more dangerous positions more often while getting more space. At that point you can choose whether you want your main goalscoring threat coming from the left Auba or the right Pepe.
I think you live in fantasy world. Do you want us to buy Martinez and spend 60-70 million on him and he won’t even be the main goal threat and is gonna play deeper to creat?

Inter play 3-5-2 with 3 central midfielders behind Martinez and lukaku. I assume we will play 4 at the back 2 dm/cm and attacking midfielder, Martinez and saka one side Auba/pepe other side

wouldn’t the attacking midfielder and Martinez be on each other’s toes when you want Martinez to play deeper? Auba out wide is waste. Saka/pepe ain’t mane and Salah so they won’t score much. You managed to make us less dangerous going forward

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

These are the 4 senior forwards last season, my dog sh*ts bigger radars than these.

E61TGLOUcAAGan9

E61TGLPVIAMHVdM

E6lnP7rVIAoN3Uk

E4poW1eVEAI9XXY

Thicc boi Taro with the girthy radar

E7d99q3UUAQyGT5

Who are you? I like your posting. Are you just another one of those that signed up because of me?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

People arguing that Martinez is too good for Arsenal need to have a word to themselves. He has put up average to good numbers for a dominant team in the Italian league. He is definitely gettable if we can pay the fee.

Although he's not the finished article I think he would be a very good Laca replacement. Looks like the all round striker we should be targeting as a different profile to Auba and has a bit of everything to his game. Would be very happy with this, as long as we bring in an AM as well.
He would easily come. He is on about 45k at Inter. That’s willock wages and reports say he requested 115k which they don’t want to give. That’s nothing for us tbh and he won’t have the top pl teams after him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Depends again on who we bring in along with him if anyone. But it's also one of those opportunistic signings where for whatever reason we have the chance to sign what could be a top CF. While there's other needs maybe it's just one of those we can't turn down if we have a slight chance.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think you live in fantasy world. Do you want us to buy Martinez and spend 60-70 million on him and he won’t even be the main goal threat and is gonna play deeper to creat?

Inter play 3-5-2 with 3 central midfielders behind Martinez and lukaku. I assume we will play 4 at the back 2 dm/cm and attacking midfielder, Martinez and saka one side Auba/pepe other side

wouldn’t the attacking midfielder and Martinez be on each other’s toes when you want Martinez to play deeper? Auba out wide is waste. Saka/pepe ain’t mane and Salah so they won’t score much. You managed to make us less dangerous going forward
Id assume he would be a serious goal threat but if you've players like Pepe or Aubemeyang who are there to score and Martinez is there to create and score its just logical. You could drop both and play a more possession based game where he is the goal threat easily if we signed Ødegaard.

Where did I say he would drop deeper? You seem to be coming up with arguments in your own head and then making points against them...

So we could easily play
-------Martinez
Saka--Esr--Pepe
-cm-cm
d-d-d-d

Where Martinez is able to be a goal threat or set someone else up which is exactly what we're missing from our striker/cf. Laca combines well but drops too deep and Auba cant combine in more busy areas. If Martinez gets the ball in a forward position he has a few options - look for the run from ESR, look for Pepe on the edge of the box, combine with Saka or Esr, turn and shoot - turn and dribble, drop deep. Hes also able to make a run behind without the ball. Pretty sure thats a much more dangerous proposition than getting Auba the ball on the left and hoping he can get it to Pepe, or just passing it back the way which is what we've been doing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

How are our wingers/inside forward going to score if we create one chance per game? We need more creativity, so we can create more chances.

Attacking midfielder and Martinez will be on each other’s toes? Martinez can drop deep in the centre, Free 8 or 10 can occupy the half space. They can inter-change position, creating overload, making combination passes, work the ball into the box, creating chances for each other.
We don’t have enough goals because we are not controlling matches, so we are not creating enough chances, and therefore, not enough goals.

Having auba, or adding another poacher is further worsening the situation. We would have even less control, creating even less chances, and scoring even less goals.

Poachers might score you some goals. But as long as they are not good general play contributor, you team will suffer and your team will score less. Teams play with poachers have relatively low number of goals as a team with most of their goals scored from their poacher.

Having a false 9 and adding a few more creative players will make our team creating more chances. The number of goals will increase and it does not matter who actually gets to the end of it. The false 9 might not score as much, but the winger will start scoring, the midfielders will start scoring, and the team will score a lot more overall.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If we extended Xhaka, added White and MØ plus Lautaro I think that’d actually be an impressive window :lol:

Still need a RB but if we chucked some money down for Conor Roberts could be a bargain. Don’t know if we’d have enough money for Sam Johnstone as well in that scenario.

If it comes down to Maddison or Lautaro + MØ it’s no contest.

There's also the possibility we wouldn't sign either Ode/Maddison if Martinez did actually sign seeing as he has the qualities to play as a false 9.

At that point I could see us splashing on a RB instead if say Bellerin and Cedric moved on. Don't know off the top of my head who that could be though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Most rumours just make me feel okay. I back them until I see them play for us cos anything could happen.

This one... this is different gravy. Aguero vibes, Alexis vibes. Absolutely the sort of signing we need.
No you say every signing is fantastic and bring
up how they're amazing and gonna win us the league. Or was that your brother?

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There's also the possibility we wouldn't sign either Ode/Maddison if Martinez did actually sign seeing as he has the qualities to play as a false 9.

At that point I could see us splashing on a RB instead if say Bellerin and Cedric moved on. Don't know off the top of my head who that could be though.
Yeah I don’t see him being 60 million and an attacking midfielder coming. He has a lot of the qualities to be creator with little twist in our tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom