• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
From the amount of people talking about passing it back into the net, I reckon the skillz merchant has highjacked yet another thread?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yes he's a fantastic goalscorer nobody will deny that. But his touch is quite bad, you'd have a similar situation to Auba in this team. We need a striker who can bring people into play.

This is the same reason why Daka would've been meh here and wouldn't hit his potential.

Lukaku is different to the options we’ve been playing upfront. His touch was an issue but it’s not a big factor in the PL. The main strengths he has which is pace and power are key to succeed in the PL.

Do you think he wouldn’t be able to do this?

People need to put respect on his name.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal and Utd are very similar graveyards.

Look what they've done to Donny, he was Real bound at one point.

Poisoned chalice the both of them.

Fans are expecting us to get a player that has every single attribute without European football and our bank account not set up like the other clubs above us. To sweeten everything we have a dead manager and a clueless technical director.

It’s a lose, lose for anyone involved with the club.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think martinelli will be loaned out and sold next summer. Only issue is we gave him huge contract. He’s on over 60k
Regular minutes at a good level might not be the worst thing for him. Send him to Brighton or Brentford for the season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When you see how lauded a player like Lukaku is (he's a very good player still) but it really makes you wonder what kind of legacy a forward like Adebayor could have had, if he wasn't a massive ****.

Had everything, much better footballer than Lukaku too.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

When you see how lauded a player like Lukaku is (he's a very good player still) but it really makes you wonder what kind of legacy a forward like Adebayor could have had, if he wasn't a massive ****.

Had everything, much better footballer than Lukaku too.
Adebayor wasn't even that much of a c*nt that's the joke lol.

Was sold against his will and our fanbase told him "his dad washed elephants and his mum is a wh*re." To me the worst thing he did was call Milan Beyonce and go Sp**s, but he was far removed from us by the time he went Sp**s I personally didn't care.

Jack Circus

Thought we'd go for Dybala but I guess Thicc Micc has a strict no twinks policy, explains why we're keeping Big Bear Granit and rightly so.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lukaku is different to the options we’ve been playing upfront. His touch was an issue but it’s not a big factor in the PL. The main strengths he has which is pace and power are key to succeed in the PL.

Do you think he wouldn’t be able to do this?

People need to put respect on his name.

I didn't disrespect him, people tend to brush past what's said and think an opinion is black or white.

Lukaku is an excellent striker and an elite goalscorer. He has been for his entire career. But for the same reasons why Auba isn't working here I don't think Lukaku would work as well as other options. Same thing with Haaland.

Riou

Adebayor wasn't even that much of a c*nt that's the joke lol.

Was sold against his will and our fanbase told him "his dad washed elephants and his mum is a wh*re." To me the worst thing he did was call Milan Beyonce and go Sp**s, but he was far removed from us by the time he went Sp**s I personally didn't care.

I don't mean he was a **** in how he moved from us, just he seems to be a **** in general...seems to easily fall out with teammates/coaches, could never settle anywhere for too long.

That chant is disgusting though, hated that our fans used that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I didn't disrespect him, people tend to brush past what's said and think an opinion is black or white.

Lukaku is an excellent striker and an elite goalscorer. He has been for his entire career. But for the same reasons why Auba isn't working here I don't think Lukaku would work as well as other options. Same thing with Haaland.
Auba scored 22 league goals 2 seasons in row and in his 3 season averaging better than 1 in 2. Yes he was poor last season, but you gotta stop dismissing him with the he doesn’t work. He won us the fa cup

Riou

Maybe Arsenal have made me "height-ist" ...the last striker under 6 foot that was elite for us, was Wright, and that was before my time.

Eduardo was good, but he more of a backup for Van Persie and Adebayor...Reyes and Wiltord were very good, but more as wide men for us...Laca has quality, but you can see his shortcomings in this league, over his time here...Walcott was better outwide, don't even want to talk about Jeffers :lol:

Maybe Martinez will be the next Ian Wright, and win me round!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The more i think about this transfer, the more torn i am.

On one hand, he would be a dream signing, one i thought we'd never be able to make. I wanted him when he was at Racing. He's 23, an all rounder who will only get better. I have no doubt he'd be a great signing for us.

On the other hand, is he needed right now? Probably not. We have Aubameyang, we have Lacazette, we have a talent in Balogun. Our issue last season was getting these players into goalscoring positions. Signing Martinez means we'd likely see Auba play LW, meaning Pepe would likely miss out on the right. Arteta doesn't seem to like leaving Auba out too often.

For me, our best balance front 3 without signing a 10 would be:

Pepe ESR Saka
------Auba

With signing a 10, i'd go:

Pepe/Saka New CAM ESR/Saka
-------------Auba

Basically, i don't want to see Auba on the left. I don't even want it to be an option. We lose too much in attack, in build up. Signing Martinez pretty much confirms this would happen.

Having said that, its a rare opportunity, one a club in the position we are in can't really pass up. Would you prioritise the move over signing a CAM? I'm split.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
The more i think about this transfer, the more torn i am.

On one hand, he would be a dream signing, one i thought we'd never be able to make. I wanted him when he was at Racing. He's 23, an all rounder who will only get better. I have no doubt he'd be a great signing for us.

On the other hand, is he needed right now? Probably not. We have Aubameyang, we have Lacazette, we have a talent in Balogun. Our issue last season was getting these players into goalscoring positions. Signing Martinez means we'd likely see Auba play LW, meaning Pepe would likely miss out on the right. Arteta doesn't seem to like leaving Auba out too often.

For me, our best balance front 3 without signing a 10 would be:

Pepe ESR Saka
------Auba

With signing a 10, i'd go:

Pepe/Saka New CAM ESR/Saka
-------------Auba

Basically, i don't want to see Auba on the left. I don't even want it to be an option. We lose too much in attack, in build up. Signing Martinez pretty much confirms this would happen.

Having said that, its a rare opportunity, one a club in the position we are in can't really pass up. Would you prioritise the move over signing a CAM? I'm split.
Why does Auba need to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom