• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
@Football Manager seriously man stop the bias. Tell me one team which plays with false 9 and cam in a 4231. Use it logic, Cam and false 9 operates the same zones during match. That's why teams which use false 9 plays with 433.

The other evidence and fact here is we cross a lot a we have Tierney and chambers, and until we don't have a RB like Dani Alves kind we will be crossing a lot and having a good striker in the air is the best we could have for that.

I don't think Lautaro would be bad, the problem here is Arteta, he is not good enough to make it work. We will be throwing our midfield to the bin trash for having a CF. Idk but a good midfield is the better. Midfield is the core of a team.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Why does Auba need to play?
He doesn't. But history has shown he usually does. Would give Arteta massive props if he finally does look to phase him out, even if it means Lacazette playing instead. Sadly, Auba just doesn't offer enough anymore.

The dream would be something like:

Pepe/Saka - RW
New Signing/ESR - CAM
ESR/Saka - LW

Lautaro - Striker

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The more i think about this transfer, the more torn i am.

On one hand, he would be a dream signing, one i thought we'd never be able to make. I wanted him when he was at Racing. He's 23, an all rounder who will only get better. I have no doubt he'd be a great signing for us.

On the other hand, is he needed right now? Probably not. We have Aubameyang, we have Lacazette, we have a talent in Balogun. Our issue last season was getting these players into goalscoring positions. Signing Martinez means we'd likely see Auba play LW, meaning Pepe would likely miss out on the right. Arteta doesn't seem to like leaving Auba out too often.

For me, our best balance front 3 without signing a 10 would be:

Pepe ESR Saka
------Auba

With signing a 10, i'd go:

Pepe/Saka New CAM ESR/Saka
-------------Auba

Basically, i don't want to see Auba on the left. I don't even want it to be an option. We lose too much in attack, in build up. Signing Martinez pretty much confirms this would happen.

Having said that, its a rare opportunity, one a club in the position we are in can't really pass up. Would you prioritise the move over signing a CAM? I'm split.
Auba shouldn’t play.
Auba would offer nothing for 90mins for the team except the finishing touch. Has to get rid of but no teams would want him. If we don’t want his negative impact on the pitch and we can’t sell, he better sits on the bench until his contract ends.

Nketiah is another rubbish poacher we have to get rid.

Laca offers slightly more in the general play, but still not enough. Last to get rid in the packing order in terms of ability. But considering his age, he would worth nothing soon, so in a financial perspective, he should be the first to get rid to avoid a further drop in value.

That we are left with Martinelli, Balogun. We just need to get Martinez and Gouiri, and we will have four good strikers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
wonder if AMNs name will come up if they cant afford Hectors wages or the injuries concerns putting Inter off a full transfer 🤷‍♂️

his skillset is closer to what Inzagi had Lazzari doing RM than 2021 Bellerin

yorch44

The more i think about this transfer, the more torn i am.

On one hand, he would be a dream signing, one i thought we'd never be able to make. I wanted him when he was at Racing. He's 23, an all rounder who will only get better. I have no doubt he'd be a great signing for us.

On the other hand, is he needed right now? Probably not. We have Aubameyang, we have Lacazette, we have a talent in Balogun. Our issue last season was getting these players into goalscoring positions. Signing Martinez means we'd likely see Auba play LW, meaning Pepe would likely miss out on the right. Arteta doesn't seem to like leaving Auba out too often.

For me, our best balance front 3 without signing a 10 would be:

Pepe ESR Saka
------Auba

With signing a 10, i'd go:

Pepe/Saka New CAM ESR/Saka
-------------Auba

Basically, i don't want to see Auba on the left. I don't even want it to be an option. We lose too much in attack, in build up. Signing Martinez pretty much confirms this would happen.

Having said that, its a rare opportunity, one a club in the position we are in can't really pass up. Would you prioritise the move over signing a CAM? I'm split.
We have too many attackers for it. We don't play EL so we don't need that deep team. We have Martinelli and Balogun. Why don't give them the chance to become the next Lautaro instead?

We need a freaking CM and RB. A chain breaks in the weakest link... We are going to be the same awful team if we start with the same midfield unless Lokonga turns into Viera somehow.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
@Football Manager seriously man stop the bias. Tell me one team which plays with false 9 and cam in a 4231. Use it logic, Cam and false 9 operates the same zones during match. That's why teams which use false 9 plays with 433.

The other evidence and fact here is we cross a lot a we have Tierney and chambers, and until we don't have a RB like Dani Alves kind we will be crossing a lot and having a good striker in the air is the best we could have for that.

I don't think Lautaro would be bad, the problem here is Arteta, he is not good enough to make it work. We will be throwing our midfield to the bin trash for having a CF. Idk but a good midfield is the better. Midfield is the core of a team.
There is one central corridor. And two half spaces. I’m sure we can allocate a few players there.
How are our wingers/inside forward going to score if we create one chance per game? We need more creativity, so we can create more chances.

Attacking midfielder and Martinez will be on each other’s toes? Martinez can drop deep in the centre, Free 8 or 10 can occupy the half space. They can inter-change position, creating overload, making combination passes, work the ball into the box, creating chances for each other.
Did iniesta get into Messi’s way and they couldn’t attack?

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
He doesn't. But history has shown he usually does. Would give Arteta massive props if he finally does look to phase him out, even if it means Lacazette playing instead. Sadly, Auba just doesn't offer enough anymore.
So you're thinking more from a what is likely to happen perspective rather than what it does to our best potential 11.
If it doesn't work with Auba surely he'd realise that and use one of the other very good forwards we have. Auba's also 32.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
We have too many attackers for it. We don't play EL so we don't need that deep team. We have Martinelli and Balogun. Why don't give them the chance to become the next Lautaro instead?

We need a freaking CM and RB. A chain breaks in the weakest link... We are going to be the same awful team if we start with the same midfield unless Lokonga turns into Viera somehow.
I agree, but an opportunity has presented itself. Auba and Laca will need replacing anyway, if not this summer, then certainly next.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I hope that tweet doesn't result in Arsenal fans having a twitter beef with another "Get Football News" account :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
So you're thinking more from a what is likely to happen perspective rather than what it does to our best potential 11.
If it doesn't work with Auba surely he'd realise that and use one of the other very good forwards we have. Auba's also 32.
Yes, i'm thinking more of what i expect Arteta to do then what i would like. The fact Nketiah/Bologun have featured heavily on the left, almost as a 2nd striker with Tierney LW suggests this is what we'll see, but with Auba being LW.

If it was upto me, i'd look to create a partnership with Tierney and ESR down the left, i think it could be deadly. You'd hope Arteta would see these things, but last season made me question a lot about him.

yorch44

There is one central corridor. And two half spaces. I’m sure we can allocate a few players there.

Did iniesta get into Messi’s way and they couldn’t attack?
I don't know why I bother in explain, yo are the most close minded person in this forum. If football were like you think every team would play 11 football sal players passing the ball around. Literally you think a role is better than other, that tells me you really don't know about football and you haven't being in a pitch. Real football differs from videogames

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Yes, i'm thinking more of what i expect Arteta to do then what i would like. The fact Nketiah/Bologun have featured heavily on the left, almost as a 2nd striker with Tierney LW suggests this is what we'll see, but with Auba being LW.

If it was upto me, i'd look to create a partnership with Tierney and ESR down the left, i think it could be deadly. You'd hope Arteta would see these things, but last season made me question a lot about him.
You make an interesting point but neither of Saka or Martinelli are back yet so he hasn't had the wingers to choose from.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Could actually see this one going through, Athletic have said the deal is really simple, £60-70m cash should do it.

or you could try and convince them to take Lacazette / or bellerin + £60m

A lot more optimistic about this one then the sperg from Sass twerking his ass off for the Juve.

yorch44

I agree, but an opportunity has presented itself. Auba and Laca will need replacing anyway, if not this summer, then certainly next.
Every summer is the same, we don't sort the midfield. He is not Messi come on! He did nothin in Copa America. He is good but not like we are over if this doesn't happen. Martinelli could be this good if we give him a chance, he is that young and talented.

But people always think with passions instead of using reason.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Every summer is the same, we don't sort the midfield. He is not Messi come on! He did nothin in Copa America. He is good but not like we are over if this doesn't happen. Martinelli could be this good if we o my give him a chance, he is that young and talented.

But people always think with passions instead of using reason.
Balogun might be as good. Martinelli probably won't, i think he'll be one who ends up moving in a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom