• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Balogun might be as good. Martinelli probably won't, i think he'll be one who ends up moving in a season or two.
You have your opinion. Balogun hasn't played so how I can judge him? Martinelli been awesome when he had the chance, and he was 18-19.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Said it earlier - think this is a Bergkamp-level signing in terms of what it would mean for the club and our intent. Absolute world-class attacking talent that you can build a side around.
He’d leave in 2 years though as he wants Spain. This is nothing more than a Sanchez level signing.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Mod Edit: will you stop fantasising about killing the club management?

Last edited by a moderator:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't know why I bother in explain, yo are the most close minded person in this forum. If football were like you think every team would play 11 football sal players passing the ball around. Literally you think a role is better than other, that tells me you really don't know about football and you haven't being in a pitch. Real football differs from videogames
I don’t play video games and video games tactics are not anywhere close to tactics in real life.

yorch44

It looks like Xhaka is staying, so CM is no longer a priority.
So again that's my point. We never sort the midfield... We will be playing the horrible donut football with a big hole in the middle.

You can bring whoever you want but this way we will be midtable team.

Even Southgate put and strong (boring but strong) midfield to secure his attack. And at the contrary of Bumteta, he didn't let a whole in the middle.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think we'll make two more expensive moves, one being Ramsdale, so what would you prefer, a new CAM or Lautaro?
I think Lautaro would make a bigger difference to our peak performance than a Cam would, Strikers are far rarer so this opportunity will likely not be there when we really need it (12-18months). I don't like the cams we've been linked with and I think people have the wrong idea of what a 10 operating at the highest level should be doing. With all that said in the short term (this season) the squad would be safer with a cam as this would be cover for every position.
Overall I'd plump for Lautaro, try to use Pepe, Saka, ESR and Martinelli to cover the 3 positions behind the striker.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
If we can end the window with Lautaro / Ødegaard on Loan with an option or obligation or a maddison + Maehle or Baku at RB that's a 8.5/10

10/10 if we don't sign ramsdale and go with the best option £12m on johnstone.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Using the Excuse "Xhaka's staying" to not upgrade the shttest midfield in the top 10 is disgusting and quite frankly illegal.
What are you talking about. Partey Xhaka Lokonga is decent. Remember, we have 1 game a week this season. The names we were linked with weren't a significant improvement.

yorch44

I think Lautaro would make a bigger difference to our peak performance than a Cam would, Strikers are far rarer so this opportunity will likely not be there when we really need it (12-18months). I don't like the cams we've been linked with and I think people have the wrong idea of what a 10 operating at the highest level should be doing. With all that said in the short term (this season) the squad would be safer with a cam as this would be cover for every position.
Overall I'd plump for Lautaro, try to use Pepe, Saka, ESR and Martinelli to cover the 3 positions behind the striker.
By that time he would be homesick and he would go to Barcelona for 30M.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
So again that's my point. We never sort the midfield... We will be playing the horrible donut football with a big hole in the middle.

You can bring whoever you want but this way we will be midtable team.

Even Southgate put and strong (boring but strong) midfield to secure his attack. And at the contrary of Bumteta, he didn't let a whole in the middle.
Its easy enough to see what they're trying to do. Bellerin + Cash for Martinez with a rb coming in (Tyler Adams was linked who would be good). Bring in Ødegaard. Let Lokonga develop without too much pressure for first half of the season.

Would be great to get a cm as well but if we bring in Martinez, Adams and Ødegaard we're in a very good position, albeit lacking real depth in central midfield - which we would be in a much better position to do next year. Tbh we probably cant attract a central midfielder of a high level is what the club are finding.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We'll sign him Lautaro, only for him to have 2 WC seasons, then he'll kick up a fuss which in turn will see Bankrupt Barca get him on a £35m deal paid over 25 years.
Does it matter? The three years that Sanchez gave us was better than any attacker has given us in a decade. If we can squeeze 3-4 years out of him and then move him on for 40m then we're the winners in this deal. Anyway we'll need all the cash we have to give Saka that 400k/week contract to keep him here.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Baku or Joachim Maehle is the best option for RB on the market right now.

Both easily obtainable, Baku maybe more expensive.

yorch44

What are you talking about. Partey Xhaka Lokonga is decent. Remember, we have 1 game a week this season. The names we were linked with weren't a significant improvement.
Xhaka decent? After years of his slow motion moves and nightmares you still call a midfield with him around decent. We deserve Bumteta for having fans like this.

For having Viera, Fábregas, Santi to Xhaka

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think i agree. As much as i'd love an Ødegaard, Martinez is in a category where there aren't many players around the world. He also gives us that option of looking to build a 433.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Xhaka decent? After years of his slow motion moves and nightmares you still call a midfield with him around decent. We deserve Bumteta for having fans like this.

For having Viera, Fábregas, Santi to Xhaka
He's a decent player, I'd have liked him sold and upgraded for something more mobile and ambitious but he's a decent player. Arsenal fans actually have to get over the fact that Xhaka's a decent player.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Xhaka has 1 good game out of every 10, his other 9 is riddled with mistakes, a red card or just complete stupidity.

We will never progress with someone like him still being started, when you have genuinely quality easily obtainable.

Guimares / Guido from betis / Aouar / Rodrigo de paul was another

Been plenty of opportunities to replace him, this comes down to bumteta agreeing with mediocrity.

yorch44

Next season is gonna be a long one. I hate the moment we signed Edu and Bumteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom