• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Remember when our fans turned their noses at signing Perisic then saw him balling for Bayern in the CL when they won it and they said “why didn’t we sign him”.

This feels like that situation again.

If Lautaro goes to say a Sp**s and has a real impact for them, those people will regret it once again.
He wont go to Sp**s cause i doubt they would be that dumb. They would go for vlahovic who is a proper striker and much better striker than Martinez. Martinez is second most overrated player in world football after Saul

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He wont go to Sp**s cause i doubt they would be that dumb. They would go for vlahovic who is a proper striker and much better striker than Martinez. Martinez is second most overrated player in world football after Saul

Well whether it’s Sp**s or any of the other teams. It’ll be one that we’ll regret.

100%.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well whether it’s Sp**s or any of the other teams. It’ll be one that we’ll regret.

100%.
why would we regret? we will be dancing of joy when he fails. He has very good work rate. but he doesnt have one attribute you can say is top class outside hard work. I dont think he is better than jesus at city even

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

why would we regret? we will be dancing of joy when he fails. He has very good work rate. but he doesnt have one attribute you can say is top class outside hard work. I dont think he is better than jesus at city even

Would there be a point in getting Jesus when we already have a poacher in Auba but he’s been shifted outwide?

Jesus would be useless for us especially if we’re creating 2 chances per game. He’ll be isolated.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Would there be a point in getting Jesus when we already have a poacher in Auba but he’s been shifted outwide?

Jesus would be useless for us especially if we’re creating 2 chances per game. He’ll be isolated.
Jesus is not a poacher. Otherwise pep wouldn’t love him so much. Pep don’t like poacher. Didn’t even like lewa

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Rasmi wants a prime Drogba.

How many strikers in this current market are there that have all of these attributes - pace, power, an aerial threat, clinical, good link up play and excellent movement?

Lukaku, Haaland…are they the strikers you’re referring to? We have no CL or even Europa League and people are expecting us to go toe to toe with Europe’s elite in the transfer window.

The funny thing is if you take out the pace and being clinical then you’re left with Giroud who everyone was complaining about.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Jesus is not a poacher. Otherwise pep wouldn’t love him so much. Pep don’t like poacher. Didn’t even like lewa

Did Pep sign him? And does he even start for Man City?

I remember them opting for Sterling or a false 9 instead of Jesus even when he’s available. Tbh I don’t see anything else in his game other than being a poacher.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

@Rasmi wants a prime Drogba.

How many strikers in this current market are there that have all of these attributes - pace, power, an aerial threat, clinical, good link up play and excellent movement?

Lukaku, Haaland…are they the strikers you’re referring to? We have no CL or even Europa League and people are expecting us to go toe to toe with Europe’s elite in the transfer window.

The funny thing is if you take out the pace and being clinical then you’re left with Giroud who everyone was complaining about.
Martinez don’t have pace, power, areal ability nor is he clinical. He is a grafter with decent skills. If we want striker leading the line vlahovic is better or British one Tammy who isn’t overall great. But is a natural striker.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
View attachment 3846

Agent Alexis going to bring him to the carpet. I’m sure he still regrets leaving here as it was easy money for him and he was treated like a king at the club.

4852253600000578-5289283-image-a-57_1516377680204.jpg

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was a bit skeptical when he was first linked, mainly because I'm unsure he can play loan 9 in the PL. But when you think of the position we are in, beggars can't be choosers. It would be a real statement of intent from the club.

I wonder if the club would consider playing him as a 10?

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Genuine question for all the people advocating hard for Martinez - for someone like me who hasn't really seen much of him before, his numbers are a bit underwhelming. 14 non penalty goals last season in Italy, he has decent creative numbers but they fell off a bit last season compared to the one before (2.4 shot creating actions per 90). He looks about the same level as Laca at the moment and a similar type of player as well. I don't see the explosiveness of a really top striker like Aguero.

I'm very much in favour of us targeting an all round striker when one becomes available. Isak, Gouiri or Edouard were the three names on my radar but Martinez sounds like a decent shout as well. I'm just not quite seeing the game changing potential of others. What am I missing?

Last edited:

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Lautaro is a fine player and I don't really think it's worth getting into a debate about his quality--because I think it's pretty obvious, and if statistically he doesn't show up that well it's certainly telling us a lot about how much system / style of play affects statistics and maybe a little bit about his age and him still developing--but I don't see where the minutes come from, unless we were to sell Auba too (something I don't think is likely to happen?). Perhaps the idea would be to play him as a creative CF with Auba out left and Saka and ESR sharing the 10 role, but tbh I think we stand more to gain by bringing in a genuine creator (Ødegaard), keeping Auba at CF and having Pepe, Saka, and ESR (Gabigod) for the two wide positions. I also still think the right idea is developing Gabi through the middle but it seems more and more that that is not the assessment of the coaching and technical staff.

Bringing in Lautaro and selling Auba would be fantastic business, though. Pepe has enough end product to really benefit from playing from a player of Lautaro's type at CF, and Saka too of course would benefit greatly. But again, I don't see that happening.

MikeVinna

Established Member
View attachment 3846

Agent Alexis going to bring him to the carpet. I’m sure he still regrets leaving here as it was easy money for him and he was treated like a king at the club.
He regretted it from his first training session at manure :lol:

Martinez is one of those strikers that basically has everything in his locker. Complete forward. But you also can not predict how he’ll develop if he does magically join us.

Sort of reminds me of Jovetic a little as well in terms of playing style. Hopefully his career will go a bit better though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Genuine question for all the people advocating hard for Martinez - for someone like me who hasn't really seen much of him before, his numbers are a bit underwhelming. 14 non penalty goals last season in Italy, he has decent creative numbers but they fell off a bit last season compared to the one before (2.4 shot creating actions . He looks about the same level as Laca at the moment and a similar type of player as well. I don't see the explosiveness of a really top striker like Aguero.

I'm very much in favour of us targeting an all round striker when one becomes available. Isak, Gouiri or Edouard were the three names on my radar but Martinez sounds like a decent shout as well. I'm just not quite seeing the game changing potential of others. What am I missing?
you not missing anything. 18 months ago he was linked with Barca and he got a lot of hype. So his name got huge bump. But he was 21 and most of the hype was how he will get better with age. He is the same player he was 2 years ago. When Conte got the Inter job he made a condition on taking the job that he gets a striker that can help him win.

Combination of good agent, coming from huge football country and staving at inter with big reputation as the next big Argentinian striker plays big role in him having big name reputation. At his height I’m not expecting him to bully cbs, but you are so right about lack of explosiveness.

Another myth is him being this technician, he is not and is rather sloppy on the ball. His passing completion is 70%. Laca is 80% and the frustrating Auba is 79%. Last 3 years he has less assists than Auba and same as laca. But most importantly he is being painted as this big player for inter. How often has a big player only completed 90 mins 8 out of 38 games? He does work hard, but tend to run out of steam late in games

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
you not missing anything. 18 months ago he was linked with Barca and he got a lot of hype. So his name got huge bump. But he was 21 and most of the hype was how he will get better with age. He is the same player he was 2 years ago. When Conte got the Inter job he made a condition on taking the job that he gets a striker that can help him win.

Combination of good agent, coming from huge football country and staving at inter with big reputation as the next big Argentinian striker plays big role in him having big name reputation. At his height I’m not expecting him to bully cbs, but you are so right about lack of explosiveness.

Another myth is him being this technician, he is not and is rather sloppy on the ball. His passing completion is 70%. Laca is 80% and the frustrating Auba is 79%. Last 3 years he has less assists than Auba and same as laca. But most importantly he is being painted as this big player for inter. How often has a big player only completed 90 mins 8 out of 38 games? He does work hard, but tend to run out of steam late in games
It's clear you haven't watched him much. He has a high level of technical quality for a forward. There's a reason Barça wanted him (they still do, but can't even begin to afford him).

Your narrative is also nonsense. Lautaro is someone everyone in Europe has known about since he was 18 or 19. No one needed the Barça link to 'hype' him, because he's been one of the most important young names for strikers for a long time now. He was (is) a major talent who has translated his talent into early success in his career, and still has room for growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom