• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
But certain man told me this transfer, what's the word? hinges on Lacazette? 🤌

Not the transfer fee
Or our novice manager that the player has probably never heard of
Or no Europe
Or other CL clubs

For the record I don't think Athletico can afford 70+ mil in GBP at the moment from what I hear, but there is another North London club about to be a talisman short and up 100mil+.

Let's blame it all on a 30 year old striker with a year left on his contract though.
Okay 1) where do you get your sources from @Macho? The dodgy discount section of your local supermarket?

2) none of those factors impact this transfer and you know that as well as me.

3) what good has Lacassette ever done for us? I've yet to see any credible proof that he has been useful for us in the past and therefore I refuse to believe he is not the reason behind this deal crumbling.

WiscoGooner8

I’d like for us to sign Martinez, and I’ll be excited if we do. That being said our midfield is a mess and it needs to be solved.

WiscoGooner8

Without a proper midfield, not even prime Messi could help us. Midfield wins titles.
We just refuse to address it properly. We needed 2 new starting midfielders last year (or 3 if you include CAM) and only signed 1. We still need 2 and likely aren’t going to sign any. It’s not like there aren’t any out there who would improve us. There are plenty.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We just refuse to address it properly. We needed 2 new starting midfielders last year (or 3 if you include CAM) and only signed 1. We still need 2 and likely aren’t going to sign any. It’s not like there aren’t any out there who would improve us. There are plenty.
We seem to love buying CBs but never CMs, we get a new CB every transfer window while still playing El Neny and having to loan Dani fcking Ceballos for 2 years.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We seem to love buying CBs but never CMs, we get a new CB every transfer window while still playing El Neny and having to loan Dani fcking Ceballos for 2 years.
Not long ago we had 9 of them? We've now got 3 RBs, 3 LBs, 3Goalies and he's going for a 4th. This obsession with collecting defenders is getting out of hand ffs.

6666Louis

60£ seems like a decent price.

LOL at people second guessing a star player on an Inter Team that've kept Christian Eriksen, Alexis Sanches etc on the bench – since he was 21!

LOL at people who continue to write off topic about the state of our club. **** on to another thread

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

60£ seems like a decent price.

LOL at people second guessing a star player on an Inter Team that've kept Christian Eriksen, Alexis Sanches etc on the bench – since he was 21!

LOL at people who continue to write off topic about the state of our club. **** on to another thread
They rejected 100 million pound for lukaku. He is untouchable. Martinez is replaceable for them and the one they want to sell.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I'd only want Lautaro if we definitely get rid of Lacazette and I hope we also sell Aubameyang in that case. Can't have three strikers in the squad that earn 180k plus while having two talented strikers behind them still.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Okay 1) that's a fairly horrific source.

2) Atletico aren't dropping 70M + on him after what they've spent on De Paul this window.

3) of course it hinges on Lacazette. We have four strikers at the bloody club right now. We need to shift one or two before even considering signing a striker.
Loan with obligation to buy next season pretty much fixes your third point. I doubt Inter need cash right now, they probably just need cash at some point in the near future.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Loan with obligation to buy next season pretty much fixes your third point. I doubt Inter need cash right now, they probably just need cash at some point in the near future.
Loan with obligation :drool::drool::drool:

Finesse

I am not in favour of this one unless we sell one of Auba and Laca. We could get the odd 15-20m for Laca and that would mean adding a lot more on top to get this done. Then we are back to square one. We still lack the midfield combination that can bring the strikers into play. I would stick to what we have now and beef up the midfield with a new AM who can compliment with ESR , occupy the final third heat map , provide shots , assists and that attacking presence/ influence for the strikers to thrive. I get the impression our strikers are too isolated and lack the right support from midfield. If we can bring that kind of support in and add to what Saka and Pepe can bring from the flanks , then we could see Auba and Laca back in form again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom