• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lautaro Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If signing a 70 mil player is that deep you sign him. You don't not sign him because of an out of favour 30 year old with 1 year left, that's stupid. Especially a club who have a history of literally paying players to play elsewhere as well.

You can't tell me Lacazette can't get a loan move somewhere in the entirety of world football with us subsidizing his wages if it came down to it, he's not that sh*t.

I just see some of you who aren't Lacazette fans trying to pin this whole transfer on him for some reason when there are many moving pieces to this. Including the bumbling pair of Arteta and Edu who don't seem to know what they are doing.

Its not just on him. Its on us not being able to shift footballers. We wanted a RB, we wanted a CM, we wanted a striker, we wanted a AM. But currently everything is proving tough due to not being able to shift footballers first due to squad space.

Its that simple. If no clubs want Lacazette on his 180k a week wages then you can't sign Lautaro for £60M on 120-150k a week wages. We finished 8th ffs, why do you think we can suddenly stockpile players on dumb wages?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We finished 8th ffs, why do you think we can suddenly stockpile players on dumb wages?
Because we do, it's not something I think, it's what we do.

We were paying Özil's 350k salary all of last season. We are offering Xhaka a new contract. A 30 year old Laca with 1 year left is not going to be the thing that makes this transfer fail, which you've acknowledged.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because we do, it's not something I think, it's what we do.

We were paying Özil's 350k salary all of last season. We are offering Xhaka a new contract. A 30 year old Laca with 1 year left is not going to be the thing that makes this transfer fail, which you've acknowledged.

Any sane human being knows that Laca isn't the main reason it'll fail. But he's one of the reasons why we might not even make an offer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf, there's a Brazilian at City that's gonna cost us less, same age, is the better player and has 5 years of experience in the PL.

Should become available once Kane is done.

Bet he’ll still stay and be happy with sub appearances.

Despise City more than any other club almost these days. Would genuinely rather see Utd or Liverpool win the CL before these c*nts.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I could also have mentioned xXx instead, if Vin Diesel's more your cuppa tea?

vin diesel GIF
Triple X Tentacion as well

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Tbf, there's a Brazilian at City that's gonna cost us less, same age, is the better player and has 5 years of experience in the PL.

Should become available once Kane is done.

Mikel hasn't got the bollocks or respect in the game, but we should be raiding City with that Madders and Laturo money

2 of Mahrez, Sterling, Silva and Jesus (less keen on this one) will more than likely be available and Mikel has brought them all half time oranges and a sponge before.

Even Mahrez or Jesus would improve our attack and either would cost not very much.

I wonder why everyone is twerking for this dude! We've got Martinelli and Bologun, very talented and highly rated young CFs. Why the **** would you sign another young CF?

What we needed is a new CM. Instead, we fail to sale Xhaka and naively give him a bumper contract:facepalm:

Based on these alone, I don't see Arteta making it here. He's way too inexperienced for the job. It's clear as day he won't finish in the top 6.

Tbh, I'd take that Brighton manager. His style of play reminds me of big Wengz.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wonder why everyone is twerking for this dude! We've got Martinelli and Bologun, very talented and highly rated young CFs. Why the **** would you sign another young CF?

What we needed is a new CM. Instead, we fail to sale Xhaka and naively give him a bumper contract:facepalm:

Based on these alone, I don't see Arteta making it here. He's way too inexperienced for the job. It's clear as day he won't finish in the top 6.

Because Balogun and Martinelli aren't even close to Lautaro Martinez right now. I don't understand peoples fascination with having a young prospect in every damn position.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea getting their 100m+ man meaning we miss out on our target and get their reject instead would be the ultimate "might be it for me" moment for AM

We'll also then partly fund the move by taking their cast off CF from then. Debates about the players/managers are futile while Stan Kroenke is owner of Arsenal.

Because Balogun and Martinelli aren't even close to Lautaro Martinez right now. I don't understand peoples fascination with having a young prospect in every damn position.
Nobody knows that. They haven't been consistently tasted! Haven't you been impressed whenever either has been given play time? Imagine if they get it consistently else where?

The smart thing to do Imo is loan both, see what they can do. Who knows, in a year, one of them could be better or at par to Lutaro. Why throw that kind of money to a problem you currently don't have! The cost vs benefit just doesn't do it for me.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody knows that. They haven't been consistently tasted! Haven't you been impressed whenever either has been given play time? Imagine if they get it consistently else where?

The smart thing to do Imo is loan both, see what they can do. Who knows, in a year, one of them could be better or at par to Lutaro. Why throw that kind of money to a problem you currently don't have! The cost vs benefit just doesn't do it for me.

No, everyone knows that. Currently Lautaro is a champions league playing, Serie A winning forward. With a lot of goals to his name considering he's playing alongside Lukaku.

Do they have potential to be brilliant? Yes, but right now its just potential, you don't just bank on potential. Again, that isn't what a big club does.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Martinez is arguably the best player for the current Serie A Champions. With Lionel blessing, he keeps the likes of Aguero and Icardi out of the Argentina line up.

He's on a different planet to Balogun and Martinelli and their Europa exploits. Both look very promising, but to suggest missing out on Martinez for either is ludicrous.

Vibra

Established Member
He became Arsenal's all time record goalscorer in my FM 20 Newcastle save. That should convince some of the non believers. (Newcastle cause smaller club with a 50k stadium, that's about as adventurous as I get in fm)

Reactions: A_G

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Man you don't argue with Arteta's cheer leader. He will say everything to defend the fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom