• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Layvin Kurzawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I think it's almost a guarantee that Saed will be moving on. Unfortunate as when fired up he can really put in decent performances.

He has his strengths, but although he's been better under Arteta he really isn't a good defender in a back-4. And Kurzawa is a much better passer with higher upside. Kolasinac will never be more than what he is right now. Kurzawa was viewed as a future superstar just a few years ago and some of that potential could still be unlocked. So while I love watching Kolasinac charge down the pitch like a bull when he's at his best, I think it's a move that makes sense.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What areas are that? I mean look at our defense man... Our most expensive player in defense next season will be 19 year old Saliba.

We have been neglecting our defense for years now and we are doing it again with going cheap for Kurzawa. We have no idea how Tierney will be but from last two season we can assume there will be injuries. Kurzawa will have injuries from what we know in recent years with him.

IMO we should have spent money on some competition not back up for Tierney. This feels like we are being very cheap with defense again and while I hope it work out it is a big risk.

If you bring in Kurzawa on a free at far lower wages than Kolasinac, then get a transfer fee on Kolasinac, the fee and wage savings can be used toward a top quality center back. You're not hurting the defense by getting rid of Sead.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Issue with Kolasinac is that even when he plays well, he’s not reliable in terms of fitness. He picked up a knock about 20 minutes against United, and usually looks out of breath after 30.

In all fairness to Kola he got rushed back from injury for that game and probably did us a massive favour by doing so.

Anyway from what I've read, we'd basically be signing another injury prone LB who's also a bellend and selling a fat injury prone LB who's on similar wages.

Goonger

What areas are that? I mean look at our defense man... Our most expensive player in defense next season will be 19 year old Saliba.

We have been neglecting our defense for years now and we are doing it again with going cheap for Kurzawa. We have no idea how Tierney will be but from last two season we can assume there will be injuries. Kurzawa will have injuries from what we know in recent years with him.

IMO we should have spent money on some competition not back up for Tierney. This feels like we are being very cheap with defense again and while I hope it work out it is a big risk.

Think we all accept 1 of the priority positions is a centre back. When wishlisting a line up for next season 90% of folk will have Tierney at left back. A good 90% of people will also having us sign a new defender to pair with Saliba.

That tells us where the spending priority should lie with the defence.

Anyway from what I've read, we'd basically be signing another injury prone LB who's also a bellend and selling a fat injury prone LB who's on similar wages.

It just doesn't make sense to me mate!

Care to try to go over and analyze it with me over 7 course meal at The Five Fields tonight? You paying of course?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Kurzawa makes about £36,000 per week less than Kolasinac makes. So even if Arsenal gives him a raise, he'll be on a lot less. Plus Arsenal can get a fee for Sead.

Yes of course that'd be perfect, I'll pick you up at 7?

Sounds great! I will be in that navy blue tailor made suit you gave me once and like so much!

@OnlyOne shares the same love of witchcraft as I do? How many hexes have you done bro? I'm currently trying number 12 at the moment.

You fan of witchcraft made? I have been working a lot with blood magic and little less with dark magic lately! Soon I will try to use a part of my body, maybe two fingers or something to get a more power in my blood magics related to Arsenal!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@OnlyOne shares the same love of witchcraft as I do? How many hexes have you done bro? I'm currently trying number 12 at the moment.

Only a handful and they've all been towards a Kola injury, so it's worked at least.

I'm trying a Mustafi next but may take too much out of me to wish what I want on him.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

I understand the concern and I do share the sentiment. But (in theory) we have a first choice LB who is quite young already and Kolasinac is probably on his way out. An under the radar LB in his peak years may not be the worst thing in the world (Monreal?).

The Kola fund (let it be 10-15 million) can make a difference for a top class CB. As I recall we missed out on Upamecano due to price being 10-15 north than we could offer.

I mean I am not praising the deal I just don't understand the doom and gloom. :D

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Always hard to get hyped up about a full back but dont really get the general feeling of being so high on the Tierney deal & so low on this. In our situation more than happy to take some risks on 25-28 year olds who may have stalled a bit but have shown a high level.
Because he is a total d*ckhead maybe?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Because he is a total d*ckhead maybe?
I dont really have a problem with attitude issues... If the manager aware & thinks he cant keep in check whats it to us? Dont need them to be friends just play on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom