• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 20/01/04

algunner

It seems that non of the starting line up against Villa will play on this cup game. I assume wenger benched Toure because he wanted him to play against Boro. Most likely Kanu will play if he does leave to ANC since he was subtituted early. Shabban is gone to westham so most likely Stack will be the keeper.

Stack

Lauren Keown Toure Clinchy

Wiltod Palour Edu Bently

Kanu Bergkamp

The Mini

I beg to differ, we wont hold Kanu for another game, maybe bring Wiltord up front and have Bentley out wide, or visa versa

XxGoonaStuxX

Wenger said after the game today that he is hoping to play kanu on tuesday night and then Kanu to leave on wednesday for Africa Nations Cup.
I don't think Bergkamp or Wiltord will play. I think youth will take them as they are injured.
Also I think Hoyte will play at Right Back.

Mark

Established Member
i don't think bergkamp will play either. upfront will probably be kanu and papdopulos or something like that, bentley on the left, if fit then wiltord on the right. to be honest i'm not happy with toure being dropped from premiership games to play in carling cup games. not happy at all. he is better than both cygan and lauren so i don't see why one of them isn't being dropped. i hope this doesn't last.

A

Anonymous

Re: Arsenal Vs Boro ( CC)

algunner said:
Stack

Lauren Keown Toure Clinchy

Wiltod Palour Edu Bently

Kanu Bergkamp

That would have to be the team if Dennis and Wiltord are fit, but ive heard they are a week away from fitness, which leaves me with no idea what the team will be.

Right midfield and Kanu's partner are up for grabs. Thomas and Papadopolus seem our only options, or maybe that icelandic youngster.

flotz

wiltord and bergkamp wont be fit wenger said it
so i assume it would be
stack
hoyte/lauren toure keown clichy
parlour cesc edu bentley
papa kanu
what about thomas anyone heard of him?
if he isnt on loan i hope he'll play

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Would it be that much of a surprise if Pires plays alongside Kanu? Wenger did take both Pires and Ljungberg off today....maybe they will play some part as we haven't got another Prem game for 2 weeks.

fredthered

My prediction

Stack

Hoyte Simek Keown Clichy

Parlour Fabregas Edu Bentley

Kanu Toure

I've gone for a long shot at Toure up front because Wenger brought him on up front against Villa today maybe with Tuesday in mind!

Gooner83

I seen bentley a few times, not very impressed.

I reckon Toure will be up front, because he got a little taster today.

Finally an arsenal attacker whos good in the air :D

Gooner83

Mark said:
i haven't seen highlights, did he seriously play upfront? :lol:

Yep, only for last 15mins.

Parlour and Edu came on as well, so guess we will see them 3 starting on Tuesday.

Mark

Established Member
Gooner83 said:
Mark said:

Parlour and Edu came on as well, so guess we will see them 3 starting on Tuesday.

amazing. was he any good? i thought people were just joking because he came on for kanu, but i thought we added another defender and just played henry upfront on his own.

Gooner83

Mark said:
Gooner83 said:
Mark said:

amazing. was he any good? i thought people were just joking because he came on for kanu, but i thought we added another defender and just played henry upfront on his own.

There was not alot happening at that stage of the game, he was good against leeds couple weeks ago, the late goal he scored.

Andrew

fredthered said:
My prediction

Stack

Hoyte Simek Keown Clichy

Parlour Fabregas Edu Bentley

Kanu Toure

I've gone for a long shot at Toure up front because Wenger brought him on up front against Villa today maybe with Tuesday in mind!

Maybe, but that team is very young especially for a semi final. I think Simek and Fabregas probably wont get in the team. It will also be interesting to see if Toure does play up front. And could you imagine if he did and he played well (which is likely) we would again be pondering whether Toure's best position is right-back, centre back or striker! Also, Toure looked very quick today, and IMO he's not that much slower than Henry. But while Toure has a thumping shot, I don't think he's the best finisher in the world... Tuesday night could be interesting.

Triffid

The Arsenal youth FA Cup report said that Cesc was injured, but I can't find any reports to this effect, anyone know the answer? Is he fit for CC?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom