• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 20/01/04

algunner

I heard too Cesc was injured in reserve or something like that so I doubt he will play. Like wenger said that Wiltod and Bergkamp are out so that leaves Arsenal with only Kanu fit striker but most likely they will let him stay since Jay Jay will be staying to play for bolton so they might let them stay untill wed. Lauren might play since he has not started so many games of late.

The only problem in the line up will be who will play in the right midfield.

Stack
Lauren Toure Keown Clinchy

Thomas ? Palour Edu Bently

Kanu Papa

The subs: Taylor; Cygan, Silva , fredie and pires

wiltord11

i think cesc should be fit

im going for this line up

stack

lauren keown toure clichy

parlour cesc edu bentley

kanu papadolupus/awusie abeyie

subs: papadolupus/awusie abeyie, ryan smith, thomas

i think we can win this game with a team like that we are at home so we should create alot of chances

i think 2-0

Mark

Established Member
boro will want this one. it's going to be a lot tougher than our league games against them. i predict a 2-0 win, toure scoring both. :wink: :lol:

n_henry

Well..we lost. :(

1-0 Juninho with the goal.

Let's see what line-up Wenger assembles for the second leg....

Mark

Established Member
Mark said:
boro will want this one. it's going to be a lot tougher than our league games against them. i predict a 2-0 win, toure scoring both. :wink: :lol:

so much for that. :?

arsenal4life

Arsenal: Stack, Toure, Cygan, Keown, Clichy, Parlour, Edu, Silva, Bentley (Smith 73), Kanu, Owusu-Abeyie (Thomas 64).
Subs Not Used: Cole, Holloway, Skulason.

Middlesbrough: Schwarzer, Mills, Ehiogu, Riggott, Queudrue, Mendieta (Parnaby 80), Boateng, Doriva, Zenden, Juninho Paulista, Maccarone (Job 77).
Subs Not Used: Ricketts, Downing, Jones.

Booked: Juninho Paulista, Queudrue, Mills.
==============================================

a good result for me
and also an expected one

we can beat them at riverside and reach the final
easy job

AFCG7

Established Member
They had a first choice lineup.. we had our kids..expected result ..
whether or not we will use our big guns for the second leg is debatable.. but if we have to use our full squad to win i think we should.. only 2 more games possible in this competition if we make the final and i dont think that will take too much out of the players.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
They had a first choice lineup.. we had our kids..expected result ..
whether or not we will use our big guns for the second leg is debatable.. but if we have to use our full squad to win i think we should.. only 2 more games possible in this competition if we make the final and i dont think that will take too much out of the players.

No way should we use the First 11. In fact totally the opposite ... stick the kids all the way through the side .. all 11. If we lose so what. It is alll about experience for the kids even if we lose. We have too much on our plate with CL and EPL and FA cup.

Let it go guys.

Arsenal316

Meh, I'm not surprised that we lost. I didn't expect them to win.

I don't know if I would field a better side next time. I mean, the CL doesn't resume until February, so it won't be that much of a burden on the first 11.

Whatever Wenger decides to do, I'm cool with that. If he thinks the younger players should be given a chance to prove they have what it takes to come from behind, then all the power to them.

Mark

Established Member
there is only one more match in the carling cup after we play boro again, i don't know about playing henry but at least play someone who can score, none of them could tonight. the fa cup game is more important though and they are quite close to each other so i guess perhaps we shudnt bother.

AFCG7

Established Member
exactly my point.. its not like we are overloaded with massive games on the fixture list.. i think we can play a lineup close enough to first team to get into the final.. only 2 games.. thats not asking a lot

Top Bottom