• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Boro vs AFC, 03/02/04 - who should play in 2nd leg?

Who should play in the second leg?

• The reserve/youth -let them finish what they started

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bring in the Big Guns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Henry's Girl

I think Wenger will still go for the youth because he said he didnt regret playing them in the first leg.
I say let them finish the Job, it'll be real good and a huge bust for them if they can win cup.

pome

keep the youngsters playin shame for ali tho maybe wiltord shud come in for this one he is a reserves player after all

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think it'll be a very similar team to last week, but with Vieira and Bergkamp playing. DB10 needs the match fitness and Paddy's banned on saturday.

jc8gooner

-----Bergkamp---Ljungberg

Bentley----Edu---Vieira---Parlour

Clichy----Cygan--Keown--Lauren

----------------Stack

Sol man

Bentley Quincy/Wiltord (if fit)

Thomas Cesc Vieira Parlour

Clichy Cygan Keown Lauren

Stack

I will rest Edu so that he does not get injured. I want to see Bentley up front and it will be stupid to play him and Bergy up front because the are similar players. Thomas needs to play in his original position.

Mark

Established Member
i hope for a mixture, but mostly youngsters. i'd go for...

Stack

Toure Keown Cygan Clichy

Parlour Vieira Edu Bentley

Bergkamp Smith

Bench: 1. Lehmann 2. Quincy 3. Ljungberg 4. Gilberto 5. Lauren

hopefully later in the game we can take off bergkamp and replace him with ljungberg, moving bentley upfront where he prefers to play with ljungberg on the left and give ryan smith a try ahead of quincy as he looked better the other night. i think we can still win this.

The Mini

Mark said:
Stack

Toure Keown Cygan Clichy

Parlour Vieira Edu Bentley

Bergkamp Smith

Bench: 1. Lehmann 2. Quincy 3. Ljungberg 4. Gilberto 5. Lauren

Looks about right, I'd probably bring Parlour in with Edu, and Freddie at RM with Pat warming the bench

wiltord11

i dont think he will play edu cause he played on saturday and the last carling cup game and he will play against man city cause vieira is out suspended not sure if parlour will play cause hes played two games in less than a week but he will proberly line up

stack

toure keown cygan clichy

parlour/thomas vieira cesc/gilberto bentley

bergkamp quincy

i think he will keep bentley left mid and play quicncy up front and i think bergkamp will play well with him quincy got alot of pace and if they play the same defence again i think he will cause problems and i dont think he will be as nervous this time round.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Quincy is so lightweight though. Pacy yes, bring him with 20 left and he'll get some joy, but I'd be surprised if he made much of an impact from the start on Wednesday.

jc8gooner

bring him with 20 left and he'll get some joy
I completely agree with that. When the game is stretched, his pace, tricks and movement will be an asset. Wouldn't it be great if we got to the inal with the reserves? Do you think Wenger would play the same sort of team in the final?

r_blair2

The team will be a mixture of young and senior players but instead of the senior players being fringe players they will be the big guns so therefore I cannot vote.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
bring him with 20 left and he'll get some joy
I completely agree with that. When the game is stretched, his pace, tricks and movement will be an asset. Wouldn't it be great if we got to the inal with the reserves? Do you think Wenger would play the same sort of team in the final?

It would brilliant- it says more about the strength of our squad then any perceived disrespect paid to the competition. It'd be an interesting decsion for Arsène, do you think Thierry, Paddy et al would want to miss a final? Especially if it looks likely to be against the bastards whose dirty tricks effectively cost us the title last season.

Anders Limpar

We have the chance to reach our first final of the season, though it might not be the biggest or most important! Who says it's certain we reach another one this year? If having the chance of any silverware we have the responsibility to try it the hardest to get it. If not everyone saying we're arrogant is proven correct...

Vieira was substituted quite early, hopefully because AW will use him on Wedensday...

There is no reason why Bergkamp wont play it still fit, he needs games after his absence...

Both Edu and Parlour should play, they look stronger for every game they get...

...and give Freddie another chance, my guess is he loves "acting" forward...

Jc8Gonner (or whatever his/her name is) picked my team:

Stack
Lauren, Keown, Cygan, Clichy (Toure could be an alternative)
Parlour, Vieira, Edu, Bentley
Bergkamp, Freddie

...when we have built up a good enough lead, let the youngsters come in!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom