• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: Doncaster Rovers vs Arsenal | 21/12/05

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Few things to say after watching the whole match.

First, the home side play competitve matches week in week out. The fact that 24 clubs in Division 1 means 46 league games. Rover players compete in these games under the 'real' pressure of promotion/relegation. Let along most of them are senoir players. In contrast our youngsters only play 22 games a season plus some cup games, without 'real' pressure. Neil may have to work more on the youngster's psy side.

Second, TBH I don't expect Song to stay. Can't recall how much Arsenal will have to pay if they wants to sign Song at the end of the season. 2M? 3M? I really doubt the quality of the player.

Third, Djourou, Eboue, and Song have good athlete quality, which is quite common among black players (please don't wind me up as racist). But their speed of thought seems lag behind the speed of their feets, especially Eboue. His acceleration and ball control is good, but his decision making is a bit slow. On Quncy's, I'd just skip that. :roll:

Fourth, IMO Bendtner was amazing in this game. If my memory is correct, this is his first season in Arsenal. Against Rover, Bendtner got 2/3 of the decision making right. He was constantly aware of the off-ball running of other Arsenal players, and he chose the right technical execusion in handling the ball. Onthe remaining 1/3, he just reminds me watching schoolboy games but I can't blame him as this is his first season. Lupoli had dozen of chances and he took them like he used to. Yet, strangely he didn't have that killer touch right.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
patrick42uk said:
lol. i'd like to see you try to explain senderos' speed of thought then
I didn't pick on Senderos because I didn't bother. Really dissapointed at him, as he and Robin are the two youngsters made into the first team since last season. I expected Senderos to assure other youngsters (ie Djourou), yet he failed to do that. I'd rephrase 'speed of thought' as 'speed of hesitation'. In one occasion, Senderos had the first opportinity to pick the long ball from the opponent. He controlled the ball with his thigh, stumbled a bit, then managed to clear the ball out of touchline. But the time Senderos wasted on stumbling allowed a Rover's player to come to Senderos' foot with his studs. That really baffled me. If he wanted to clear the ball in the end, why not just clear it at the beginning. No doubt the Rover player's challenge was a foul but Senderos could have avoid that (same with Quincy's injury). The other occasion was Senderos' mistake conceding the second goal. Why he took that extra step to kick the ball I just don't get it. :?

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom