• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LC: WBA vs Arsenal | 16/12/03

algunner

I think we should go for this cup regardless how worthless it might be. I am in for this competition and once we are in the semi final or final we bring the big guns and win the trophy. Why not ?

I will go for all the ones who did not play on sunday. Of course WBA will be so tough to beat must we have so many first team players we should win easily. Teh one hard to decide is who will keep and who will defend since we have so many players back from injury. Probably line up..

Stack
Lauren Keown Tavilaridis Clinchy

wiltod Palour Edu Bentley
Kanu Alidier

Subs; Shabban, Fabregas, Juan,Papadopuloe, smith

lewdikris

Established Member
You're dead on with the team algunner - Wenger will go for that, and try to get PapaD and Cesc on second half. We should beat West Brom with those boys - and i believe Wenger is serious that they can go all the way.

The Mini

We should only bring in one or two, just to strengthen our wek points, such as having Parlour to hold the midfield

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Re: WBA- Arsenal

algunner said:
I think we should go for this cup regardless how worthless it might be. I am in for this competition and once we are in the semi final or final we bring the big guns and win the trophy. Why not ?

I will go for all the ones who did not play on sunday. Of course WBA will be so tough to beat must we have so many first team players we should win easily. Teh one hard to decide is who will keep and who will defend since we have so many players back from injury. Probably line up..

Stack
Lauren Keown Tavilaridis Clinchy

wiltod Palour Edu Bentley
Kanu Alidier

Subs; Shabban, Fabregas, Juan,Papadopuloe, smith

I think thats what the team will more-a-less be. It looks a good strong team with plenty of experience and a sprinkling of youth.

algunner

I just hope that we do them just like we did the Wolves. If we can be 4-0 by half time we can take out the experienced players and put the young subs to give them more experience.

The good thing about this cup is that if we qualify in the semi finals we have home and away. That will give even more time to play the youth especially if we get an easier draw. Good luck to the second team. I have a feeling they will be up for this match. 4-2

A.Hussain

stack

hoyte/lauren senderos talviridis/keown clichy

wiltord cesc parlour/edu bentley

ali kanu

bench: shabaan, papad, quincy, smith, simek

Aussie

Established Member
SydneyGunnerFan said:
what is WBA??

short for west bromich albion who i belive are top in first division

It may be one of Wiltords last games in Arsenal colours

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Aladiere's in good Nic
By MARK IRWIN

JEREMIE ALIADIERE has started a one-man mission to clear the name of his friend and mentor Nicolas Anelka.

Manchester City striker Anelka is hated by Arsenal fans after he quit the club for Real Madrid in 1999.

But, while at Highbury, Anelka convinced Aliadiere to turn his back on France and sign for the Gunners.

Now Aliadiere, 20, aims to repay him by becoming the club’s next French superstar.

And he has a chance to enhance his growing reputation in tonight’s Carling Cup quarter- final trip to West Brom.

He said: “I was at the French National Academy when Arsenal made their move.

“I was only 15 at the time but I called Nicolas and asked him what to do. Even though he was in the middle of his contract dispute, he told me I had to take the opportunity to work with Arsène Wenger.”

Aliadiere has now set his sights on becoming as good as Arsenal hitman Thierry Henry.

He added: “Thierry is the best striker I have seen. But I hope, one day, I will become just as good as him.

“It will be a difficult task — but I am prepared to work so hard to get to that level.”

source: www.thesun.co.uk

vin de guerre

I dont hate Anelka! I do to a great extent pity him. He has shown over the past years that he has a great inability to communcate or cope with the people around him in a work environment. We should at the end of the day wish him well for what he contributed to Arsenal and forgive him for what has unfortunately been his bug bare that he carries around with him.

JazzG

Established Member
I don't like Anelka. He turned his back on the club that made him just for money. Before he came to us he was just known as a talented player, at arsenal wenger showed the world his talents. And what did he do to pay us back? Stab us in the back. In a way I'm happy because we wouldn't of got Henry if we had him, Henry is a much better player than him.

Good to see Ali is willing to work hard. He needs to bulk up abit though as he is abit weak on the ball.

vin de guerre

JazzG said:
I don't like Anelka. He turned his back on the club that made him just for money. Before he came to us he was just known as a talented player, at arsenal wenger showed the world his talents. And what did he do to pay us back? Stab us in the back. In a way I'm happy because we wouldn't of got Henry if we had him, Henry is a much better player than him.

Good to see Ali is willing to work hard. He needs to bulk up abit though as he is abit weak on the ball.

He(Anelka) has turned his back on every Tom **** and Harry! The guy is very much mal-adjusted and needs therapy soon.
look at his history: PSJ, Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSJ. Man citeh.
He has not up to date failed to show how much of problem child he is.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

The Mini said:
You forgot Liverpool

Not sure what Anelka has to do with the WBA game!

By the way, I know the Carling is not our No 1 priority but it is a football game; why does the hme page insist we have 4 days to our next game?

:thumbdown

Otherwise, I say it's a win tonight, though WBA have confidence and will pose a bigger threat that Wolves; WBA are the better team anyway.

jeremiesgirl

Good article with Ali, glad he's getting the coverage he deserves in the papers! I have no problem with Anelka.

Any news yet on our squad for tonights game?

I am going to be putting my money on Ali to score tonight :D

vin de guerre

Beany said:
The Mini said:
You forgot Liverpool

By the way, I know the Carling is not our No 1 priority but it is a football game; why does the hme page insist we have 4 days to our next game?

Otherwise, I say it's a win tonight, though WBA have confidence and will pose a bigger threat that Wolves; WBA are the better team anyway.

Read thru the thread and understand where it developed into a discussion about Anelka via Aldierre from Carling Cup asa WBA :p

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

vin de guerre said:
Beany said:
The Mini said:
You forgot Liverpool

Read thru the thread and understand where it developed into a discussion about Anelka via Aldierre from Carling Cup asa WBA :p

Yeah, but it makes a pretty weak link!

Still, let's not have a...

:argue

Latest posts+

Top Bottom