• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

LCFC Fan questions.

LCFCfan

Hi there! Leicester fan here with some questions about the up coming game, be great if you could share your thoughts and provide your views.

1) What is your score prediction and why?

2) What are your thoughts on Leicester?

3) What are your expectations for Arsenal this season? Silverware and finishing position?

4) What is your confidence in Wenger?

5) Arsenal were linked with Mahrez in the summer. What are your thoughts and view on him?

6) What do you think Arsenals strengths and weaknesses will be on Saturday against us?

Thank you for your time! Feel free to ask any questions in return. Safe journey for anyone travelling up to the Midlands.

Cheers guys.

2-0

Can't see Arsenal score in this one. And we are in terrible state at he moment.

I like the badge.

3) What are your expectations for Arsenal this season? Silverware and finishing position?

FA Cup and if lucky top 4.

Little at the moment.

5) Arsenal were linked with Mahrez in the summer. What are your thoughts and view on him?

Don't know who he is.

6) What do you think Arsenals strengths and weaknesses will be on Saturday against us?

Our strength is very few at the moments. We will be banging on players like Ramsey, Özil and Sanchez to start their season, and also keep Giroud away from the squad as much as possible.

Our weakness are our selves, specially when we get pressed which I think you will do!

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Hi there! Leicester fan here with some questions about the up coming game, be great if you could share your thoughts and provide your views.

Thank you for your time! Feel free to ask any questions in return. Safe journey for anyone travelling up to the Midlands.

Cheers guys.
1) 1-1 is my prediction right now. You're in great form and we're in a slump. I could change my opinion if I see a good performance on Wednesday.

2) Great team. Fantastic fight and team spirit. Some top players too. Definitely one of the teams in the bottom half that I root for. Think you're good for a midtable finish this season.

3) 3rd with an F.A cup.

4) Pretty low right now. Terrible summer. Hasn't got us clicking yet even though we're the same set of players. Same mistakes over and over etc.

5) Mahrez is class. Better than any RW we have right now. Unfortunately I think he'll go to a bigger team next summer so enjoy him while he lasts!

6) Our strengths will be playing through the middle of the pitch. Good threat in behind if Theo plays. We'll keep the ball a lot but not really do anything with it. If you want to get at us, just go straight through our midfield as Coquelin won't be playing and Arteta will likely be there instead. You're playing us at a great time tbh. Not much confidence around the club atm.

Cheers!

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

2-0 Arsenal. Think we'll go on a strong run now after yesterday's farce. You're due a loss as well. It'll be tough though.

Good side. Play the right away. I see them as a PL side and I like having teams such as them and Southampton in the league and doing well. Don't want nothing clubs like Hull and such around.

Not started great but a title push. Not overly bothered by the cups this year as we've won 2 in the last 2 seasons. I want significant progress in the league.

Like most, diminished. Still making the same type of errors he was 4/5 years ago. He's left us 2 players light of being real contenders. The squad's good enough to improve though.

Don't watch Leicester all that much but saw the villa game and he looks proper quality.

The usual. Impotence up front and brain farts somewhere along the line will provide your best chance with winning.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

2-0

Can't see Arsenal score in this one. And we are in terrible state at he moment.

I like the badge.

FA Cup and if lucky top 4.

Little at the moment.

Don't know who he is.

Our strength is very few at the moments. We will be banging on players like Ramsey, Özil and Sanchez to start their season, and also keep Giroud away from the squad as much as possible.

Our weakness are our selves, specially when we get pressed which I think you will do!

You're worse than Fabo.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Cheers guys.

What is your score prediction and why?

LCFC 1-3 AFC. We may be wounded at the moment (especially with a key player like Coquelin out) but the quality and desire will be there. I predict a scramble for most of the game, with that third goal coming from you chasing for an equaliser.

What are your thoughts on Leicester?

You guys are playing some quality stuff at the moment. Good to see and I hope you guys do well this season.

What are your expectations for Arsenal this season? Silverware and finishing position?

I think that Arsenal can finish top 3 this year. We do not look good at the moment, but we have the ability to improve and go on a run, similar to the second half of last season. Petr Cech signing is something major for us.

What is your confidence in Wenger?

I think Wenger is the most intelligent manager in the league, however he is held back by his own principles and blind spots. Wenger may not be good enough for Europe's biggest trophies but he still has the ability to adapt and make us effective and dangerous, as we have seen in the recent past.

My hope is for Arsène to win the PL one more time, but I expect him to win more of the domestic trophies for sure.

Arsenal were linked with Mahrez in the summer. What are your thoughts and view on him?

Good player, great technique and quick. Will be a headline maker this year, for sure.

What do you think Arsenals strengths and weaknesses will be on Saturday against us?

Psychologically we are down at the moment, and being put under significant pressure will bring rewards for you guys.

Technically and tactically we have holes as well. Our right hand side (Ramsey and Bellerin) leaves us vulnerable to being dragged out of shape and teams have been using this as a weapon.

Offensively we are not clicking at the moment. We play too slow and are not taking chances, so the common tactic of staying compact works well against us.

Thank you, and here is to an open clean game on the weekend.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
1) 1-1. Cant see us scoring more than that. You might even get 2! Why? We're **** at the moment and you're scoring goals.

2) Not keen tbh. That **** Elliot that played for you years ago, Lineker, Savage, Heskey...etc. Not keen on Leics, I must say.

3) 4th and nothing else.

4) I have no confidence in him bringing us a title or a CL.

5) Mahrez looks a good all round player. Better than Welbeck and Giroud.

6) Strengths: None right now. There's nothing good about anything we're doing right now. Weakness: Pretty much every aspect--particularly as Coq wont be there. That was our only real strength.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arsenal win

Shouldn't have sacked Pearson the way you did but looks like the right choice

Top 4 no silverware

Arsène out

Looks a good player, can see him doing a Kane.

Arsène being predictable, you playing on the counter causing us problems. We will win with a slice of luck, probably a ref decision cause karma is a *****

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
1-2 Arsenal. Not going to be easy, and with the respective forms of the two clubs, some would think it more likely for Leicester victory. However, we have a knack for squeaking out wins at tough away grounds irrespective of our form.

Haven't thought much about Leicester but wish they would have kept Cambiasso. Quality player.
Thought it was harsh to sack Pearson after leading you to safety, although I don't know the back story. Ranieri seems to be a solid replacement though. (Reminds me of when Southampton controversially got rid of Nigel Adkins but replaced him adequately and pushed on)

Same old, same old. Top 4. Knocked out in the Rd of 16 of the UCL. Don't care much for the domestic cups anymore, we need to be pushing on for the big boy trophies.

No confidence in him at all in terms of leading us to PL and/or UCL glory.

Haven't watched much of him/Leicester, but when I watch MOTD, he's always shown doing something positive/being a difference maker in the Leicester match highlights.

Strengths: Individual quality although there really hasn't been a standout performer this season.
Weaknesses: Complacency, predictable playing style, wastefulness.

AVENTUS

3-1 Arsenal. You've had a good run but being realistic it will come to an end. Arsenal play Man Utd after Leicester so your a must win game.

You've suprissed me and a lot of other people but West Ham were like this last season and this season for that matter but they ended up finishing midtable as will Leicester this season.

I think we'll finish trophy less this season unfortunately but finish top 4 we won't win the Fa Cup 3x on the bounce and are nowhere near the PL or CL like many of us hoped we would be.

He'll do what do board require of him so that's where any talk of sacking, Resigning, or replacements stop.!

Never heard of him.

None. With all due respect I think we'll turn you over comfortably after Ko Sp**s from the CC cup we'll be on a high.

Cheers guys.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

1-1. We have trouble scoring, but we've been alright in defence.

You have done surprisingly well this season which is good to see, makes things more interesting.

No silverware, fourth place and won't make it past the first knock-out round in the CL.

Very low. He doesn't learn from mistakes, some stuff all over every year.

Not seen much of him other than the highlights, looks a good player, though. If he can keep it for pretty much an entire season he is more than welcome. :)

Our back five is pretty solid, although without Coquelin we miss the beast that plays in front of the defence, still quite strong, though. Against 'smaller teams', no offence, we usually create a good number of chances. Weakness is finishing off those chances and set-pieces in general.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
1. 2-1 Arsenal, despite you being in great form and us being poor in the last 2 matches I reckon we should be able turn to our luck around.

2. You should easily avoid being drawn into a bottom half relegation battle now despite many people tipping you as one of the favorites to be relegated. A top 12 position is achievable.

3. Second or third in the league winning either the League or FA cup.

4 . I agree with what SA Gunner has stated regarding this.

5. It's been out of Mahrez and Payet for most impressive player in the league so far.

6. I agree with what SA Gunner has stated regarding this.

Gervais

Established Member
1-0 Arsenal. We normally have no trouble beating teams of Leicester's ilk (teams that aren't Man Utd, Chelsea or City).

P good team. Solid 11th placed finish guaranteed imho.

3rd. Last 8 CL. No cups.

None.

He's a good player but not good enough for Arsenal. He's about Sp**s/Liverpool level.

Strengths: Own goal is in good form and Cech is decent.

Weaknesses: Anything that involves tactics.

KAB

Hi Mr. Rival, I just would like to answer No. 2.
For me, Leicester current position is just temporary. We have seen this almost every year where the newly promoted teams normally started very high but will start to go down as they started to play big teams and facing a more difficult games at home and away.

Sincerely, I foresee Leicester is going to be one of them, prove me wrong at the end of the season. It might be more excitement to see new teams fighting for the top. However, the fact is we are going to see Man City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and, of course, our team are going to climb up to claim back all the top spots in the league. It is just the matter of time. It has been a trend in previous seasons in teams like Southampton and so on, that their good players in the team will be snapped away by some big teams with very good offers and prospects.
Cheers!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1-0 to AFC, mainly cause when I do optimistic scoreline (2-0, 3-0) usually we ended losing.
serious guess: 0-0 we lack a goal scorer at the moment

2) What are your thoughts on Leicester?boot FM>new game>Leicester/West Ham

4th

4) What is your confidence in Wenger?I am confident he won't change the team or his own tactics and philosophy

5) Arsenal were linked with Mahrez in the summer. What are your thoughts and view on him? doesn' have any time to scout players these days

Strength: Theo & Monreal
Weakness:if your coaching staffs been watching us (or read this forum) you can see the holes..

FinnGooner

Established Member
1-2. We have better players and you guys seem to have been playing, at least based on the results, pretty gung-ho style football which should suit us. However, this prediction is more hope and true belief.

Neutral

The same as it's been for 10 years now. Possibility of cup win. Top 4 finish. Nothing changes.

I very confident that he will do exactly what he's been doing for the last ten years. Top 4 finish, same excuses. Nothing changes.

Right now he's on fire. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up

Strength: Individual quality
Weakness: Everybody and their dog knows exactly how we play. Just block the center of the pitch and you're fixed for a result. After that, we can only win through individual magic or individual mistakes by the opposition.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Firstly welcome to the forum.

We're unpredictable at the moment, we could win or could lose on the counter.

In great form right now, lively fanbase and are playing well as a team. I'd expect a mid table finish.

Top 3, probably no silverwear,

Time and again he proves his doubters wrong. People will point to him not winning but look at his financial constraints.

We were linked to about 80 players in the summer, most were just articles to sell advertising space. So I doubt the link was genuine. He's started this season on fire but that isn't usually enough for us to buy a player unless they saw potential last year when he wasn't ripping it up. You also have to ask why we'd go for another winger when we have so many.

So unlikely but maybe you can tell us how good he is? Strengths, weaknesses etc

Cheers guys.

It depends who starts, but generally technique, passing and control of the game.
We finish games well because when other teams get tired of pressing we really come into our own.

Our weakness is typically on the counter attack but Coquelin has papered over this crack in our wall. If he's not playing we'll be susceptable on counters, if he is we'll be very solid.

Also our finishing and shooting and making runs in behind isn't good enough.

Another weakness depends on who our striker is. With Giroud it's lack of mobility but good hold up and link up play. With Walcott you have great mobility and the fact he can shred high lines but poor hold up play.

Bould14

Arsenal 2-1 LCFC. It's basically a must win for Arsenal so I think there will be more zip on the ball, and a couple of goals.

Very solid side I was one of the few telling my buddies that your team was going to be top 10.

FA cup we always have a chance or the League cup. At minimum I expect top 4, and my top aspiration is always 1st. It's the expectation at this club, and I won't accept anything less.

Tactically is a *****. Psychology knows how to instill confidence in the players, and young players do like his attitude towards youth.

Liked Mahrez I still wonder why Wenger didn't bid. Proper footballer, but don't worry many AFC fans thought Chamberlain is just as good. Delusion at this club is high at times.

Arsenal is a team weak in transition, and sometimes in the air. We are actually fairly decent defending behind the ball now. Arsenal is has very fast players up top if we aren't playing Giroud, and if we are the team can zip the ball very quickly at times creating decent opportunities.

Top Bottom