• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Le Tallec

beaney

direct from the liverpool football club website.
Apparently he was poised to join Arsenal when he was 15.

Liverpool youngster Anthony Le Tallec has revealed for the first time, that he was close to signing for Arsenal as a 15-year old before Gerard Houllier moved to bring him to Anfield.

Le Tallec's comments will certainly have Gunner's fans kicking themselves at missing out on the French U21 international.

"I could have gone to Arsenal when I was 15, but Le Havre didn't want me to," said the player dubbed 'Le Talent'.

"I had given my word, but things didn't work out. Anyway, I think I was a bit too young then.

"Arsenal is in the past and I'm not disappointed at all. Today I'm at Liverpool and I'm very happy to have signed for them.

Le Tallec also revealed that he was invited to visit Manchester United in July 2001, but he rejected their advances in favour of a move to Anfield.

"I really had a good feeling about the place," says Anthony. "It felt like a family club and it was one which has magnificent facilities. I also liked the city and what Gerard Houllier had to say."

A.Hussain

actually both tallec and pongolle seem to be incredible players. i heard that they were running front line for the pool yesterday against blackburn. neill got his fit punishment for bringing down pongolle in the box

jc8gooner

incredible players

Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Figo, Henry, Vieira, Nesta, Shevchenko are incredible players.

Anthony Le Tallec and Florent Sinama-Pongole are not. If they were, what would they be doing at l'pool!

lewdikris

Established Member
I think he meant incredible talents. Which looking at them, they may well be. Pongolle's done more thus far than Ali....

Mark

Established Member
yeh kewell also snubbed us for liverpool. lets see how they look back on their decisions in a few years time...

beaney

not just that, but michael owen and steven gerrard are at liverpool, and they are both excellent players!

im sure they would BOTH find a place in our starting line up!

Owen for sure, and probably even Gerrard, he is quality. imo better than silva.

patrick42uk

Established Member
le tellac's style of play will make it harder for him to make it. he likes to drop deep, more of a creator than an out and out striker in the Zidane mould. To make it he will need to be more dominating, and far more physically developed than he is now as he gets easily brushed off the ball. However pongolle is less of a risk. He has really impressed me. he is quick, skilfull and has a eye for goal. if we had failed to land pongolle and not le tallec i would have been dissapointed. Pongolle is definately one to watch out for.

beaney

patrick42uk said:
if we had failed to land pongolle and not le tallec i would have been dissapointed.

eh?

we DID fail to land him, in fact we failed to land them both they play for liverpool :?: :!: :?: :!:

or am i just being stoopid, patrick42uk, are you a l'pool fan?

appologies if you are, or were you just saying it theoretically???

patrick42uk

Established Member
jeez! i meant if it had been reported that it was pongolle we failed to land i would have been dissapointed. but its reported that we failed to land le tellac. that i dont give a **** about cos i dont rate him. get it?

I would say he was saying it theoretically. Both Le Tallac (ALT) and Pongolle (Flo) have been very impressive. Don't understand the 'out and out striker in the Zidane mould' comment at all.
ALT will play mainly in the hole, but can go up front or on a wing. He's got some fleshing out to do, but for a kid as young as he is playing in a foreign country etc, he's done very well. Flo is a real coup too. Strong, quick footed, eye for goal. Up there in the top 10 of under 20 propspects easily. Your buy of 'Cesc' looks to be a good one, though haven't seen him play yet.

Daryl.. 'Let's face it, Nobody has rejected Arsenal and not regret it later' .. read the original post as an or d'oeuvres to this amusing comment.

DLC

rob_fillerLFC, Overmars, Petit, Anelka etc all started off by saying they were happy at their new clubs and didn't regret leaving but do you reckon they wouldnt give their right arms to be back in North London?

Top Bottom