• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Le Tallec

DLC

They left Arsenal to achieve 'bigger and better things'

Overmars (October 1999): I went to England to win the league title and the fa cup with Arsenal. This happened quicker than i thought possible. If you realise your ambitions quickly, you start thinking about new challenges. My next aim is to win a league championship with a club in another country

Well he sure as hell hasn't done that.

Petit also went ot Barcelona and didn't fit in as he was asked to play as a defender again after spending time adjusting to a new position in centre midfield. Back in England he went to Chelsea where hew hasn't exactly set the world alight and now is way down the pecking order in the Roman Army.

Anelka may have been more successful than Overmars by actually being at a club that won the Champions League but he hardly played. Since then he went back to PSG then Lverpool and those well known world beaters Man City.

I would say if they had their time again they would have stayed

yeah, but that doesn't mean they 'regret' leaving, just knarked that their personal ambitions weren't realised. Maybe privately they do, who knows.

saying 'nobody' rejects Arsenal and not live to regret it is just silly, and I will stand by that. Same goes for any club. Maybe I'm nit-picking, but linguistics is important.

patrick42uk

Established Member
rob_fillerLFC said:
Don't understand the 'out and out striker in the Zidane mould' comment at all.

quote]

i said he isnt an out and striker striker but more of a creator in the zidane mould. houllier has played him up front though, typically deploying players out of postion. He reminds me of mourad meghni another french youngster who was touted as being the next zidane. so far he hasnt developed well physically and that has hampered him. it is important for le tellac to develop physically. Most people dont know it, but one of Zidane's main attributes is his strength. Once opponents know you are the main creative source in the team they get really close to you. it is important therefore to have strength

I'm confused.. you said "le tellac's style of play... he likes to drop deep, more of a creator than an out and out striker in the Zidane mould." but anyway. ALT hasn't started up front yet, and deploying players out of position as you say, could also be mixing it up. Sometimes, especially at the mo with the any injuries we've had, players have been in odd positions. Diao at RB for instance against Lubilubilujiana. ALT will develeop physically I'm sure, as will Cesc. But he's looking good.

Cheyrou was touted as the next Zidane by Ged, and er... hasn't exactly come off. Still, we do have Danny Platini.

AFCG7

Established Member
actually.. Petit wanted to come back and Overmars said he wouldnt mind a return.. but Wenger threw that thought out by saying he will no sign back players who left for their own reasons

beaney

i bet they all wished they could come back. manu, overmars, anelka -particularly.

they never had it so good when they were here!

still sod em! they all wanted out and were better off without them!

pires-overmars?
henry-anelka?
edu-manu? o.k. maybe not the last one but who wants a player that doenst want to be there???

Top Bottom