• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leandro Trossard: Tross The Process

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As Ramsdale said on.a recent podcast...

"I came to Arsenal initially as the back up, but I was joining the club knowing I wanted to try and take Leno's place... Trossard is coming here with that same feeling, he will be thinking he can bench one of our attackers"

... that's exactly what we need, someone joining us who has the quality to bench Martinelli...as that will.bring the best out of both of them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sure, but Martinelli is still 21 - and already has things like that in his locker, but not on a consistent and effective basis yet.

That's why I think Trossard is a great signing. Can push Martinelli for starting spot while also being a good model for him to learn from in terms of how to better utilize that left-hand side, plus is older enough not to threaten Gabi in the long run.
Fully agree, I've been negative to Martinelli but I still feel there is another level in him later in his career. Atm we want to win the league and Trossard is simply a better player at this point, that's why I feel Trossard was an amazing transfer because he will free that position within a year or two, perfect timing for Martinelli

Goonerist

I think he will start games but not in our first 11 when everyone is available.
I think he looks more intelligent and dangerous than Martinelli. I think he will be starting many games if what I have seen of him in these 2 cameos he has made.
I like Martinelli but to me he is more of a chaotic blood and thunder type. Saka and Trossard just seem to be more smooth and intelligent in their play..

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Love Trossard's quick feet and sharp turning made Stone pulled his hamstring. The Belgium is full bag of tricks and hard to predict when on the ball.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like the player. Great addition.

I guess if you want to compare him to Saka and Martinelli, you’ll have to wait until he is doubled and tripled teamed.
What I liked is how he could go along the sideline with 1-2 City players following him or next to him. I think he could couple of times drag them until the box almost. That's some feat because it's City players and Trossard doesn't have the best pace. Looked like they feared his dribbling.

I really love this signing. Seems a great humble guy. Brighton fans seemed to suggest he doesn't give his all in every game and has 1/2 good games, but I kinda doubt that in a club like Arsenal. He won't play every game and when he will play, he wants to show his skills. He is now at the level he aimed for when joining Brighton.

He will be a big weapon against busses. I have no doubts that he will be good rotation for Martinelli in those games. Might even be better in those easier games. Although he is also a big game player, scoring often in those when he has been extra motivated to get that big move with big performances. And then there is his versatility...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This got me laughing from Brighton fans. :lol: These are after his games at Arsenal.

"Great player but looked far too much like a starving insomniac version of Robbie Williams for my liking. No hard feelings."

He was always a big game player to be honest
Think he’ll do well there. Good luck to him,
Quality player, he’ll do well there and pleased he helped them beat Man Utd.

Anyone see Mitoma’s goal yesterday though?
PL winners medal looking more likely at the moment

Although I didn’t like the way he left, I only wish him well. Was inevitable when no new deal was on the horizon.
Farewell Leo, such a great player and I was always waiting for the 'Season of Trossard', in the end we just got half of one perhaps but c'est la vie. Shame how it ended but sometimes that happens. I'm sure he'll do well at Arsenal.

I can see it all from his point of view, three and a half years is a long time for a star player to stay here. Just got three for Bobby first time round, we won't get that long for any of Caicedo, Mac Allister and Mitoma if they keep doing what they're doing.

He went to the World Cup in a team that hoped to challenge for the trophy, it didn't happen and he must have felt really down. He's been one of our best, if not the best, player at Brighton for the past few seasons, but would have looked at Mac celebrating his World Cup win with loads of suitors, have seen Ben White come into the team, then sold on after a year and now heading for a premier league title, seen Cucurella bought, then sold after one season and now playing in the champions league, seen Bissouma playing in the champions league, seen Dan Burn asking for a January move and getting it and now firmly in the top 4, seen the manager who signed him moving on to a champions league club, seen Caicedo virtually be guaranteed a move after little more than a season at Brighton. And for him, back to trying to qualify for a minor European competition and perhaps a cup as a long shot. I can see why he got frustrated and played up, even though I don't justify it.

I think he deserves this amazing new opportunity for him, and when the dust settles I hope and think that he will look back at his time at Brighton fondly and realise he shouldn't have forced the move in the way he did.

And, as an addendum, the way it happened has to be beneficial for us. Sell a star player suddenly could have had negative impacts on how we played, but that move being made proactively by our coach has made us stronger.
Absolutely this.

His hat trick against Liverpool will live on as one of the greatest games in my Albion career for many reasons including was the start of the RDZ era.

No hard feelings. Good luck and I'd rather Arse win the title than the Mancs or Chelsea.
He could’ve behaved considerably worse and the club would still have given him a respectable send off! That’s just how our club operates.

He only ever put in a good performance for us (‘100%’) when he thought it was in his best interests to do so, and would facilitate his step up to better things. He has so much potential but he was never going to realise that playing for us because in his eyes we didn’t deserve it/he didn’t need to. (He always felt he was better than us.) Every game will feel like a ‘big game’ to him now at Arsenal and I predict he will work very hard to impress at every opportunity which is going to be hard to see.

Yes, he got his big move regardless, but the Arsenal fans are divided. At best they’re satisfied with the addition to their squads depth but he could’ve been challenging for a guaranteed place in their first eleven had he of conducted himself better and always played to his full potential at Brighton. He’d be ten times the player with ten times the experience and the reputation. Who knows how much more his ability would’ve ultimately developed.
Technically brilliant. 2 footed, sharp, intelligent and can test the keeper from range. There’s no doubt Trossard was a top quality player for us.
What he lacked is pace and power when dribbling. He’s not the sort of player who beats a player and then he’s away turning defence into attack. He’s more of a player who plays in the holes linking up midfield with attack. He can create goals and bag a few himself, but when the chips are down, he was never the player to drag us back up from the ashes. Mitoma and March on the other hand look like a defender’s nightmare right now. Both obtain all the attributes Trossard lacked. Both have that direct, pacey style where they’re most dangerous cutting inside from the wing. Can’t say I’d drop either of them for Trossard. Great player but looked far too much like anstarving insomniac version of Robbie Williams for my liking. No hard feelings.
Lazy Leandro seems to be becoming a meme. Can't say I'd ever come across that complaint prior to the World Cup break, but I guess I haven't read every post on here
Martinelli v Trossard is pace v craft. I’d put Lamptey up against the former (I know, I remember the recent sprint race) and Veltman up against Trossard. A motivated Trossard is a great game changing buy for Arsenal and expect it will help push them over the EPL title line.
Maybe not, Arteta has said he is hoping the paperwork is done in time for a start this weekend, and to be fair, although he has clearly been behaving like a child recently and I would rather see him gone than have him disrupt the squad, he has also been pulling class defense's apart all season. On his current form Arsenal are getting a bargain
Fair enough, turns out he was pretty good at football.

We’ll miss him way more than some people seem to think, but he was always going to leave... sad but true.

At least it’s not sodding Chelsea.
Forgot about the Brentford goal at home last season, that was magic! Always emotional watching clips of Mwepu play too, great assist.

Quality player, I'm going to miss him.
Good player for us who was great when he wanted to be. Shame he threw his dummy out of the pram but enjoyed his goals. Another few million profit into the clubs coffers!
Good player for us, exciting on his good days. It's been clear for a while that he'd move on, so this is a good deal all round I think.
All a journey isn't it? I've enjoyed the part where Mr Trossard has joined us on the ride very much, and will remember him/it fondly.
£26M for a player with 18 months still left on his deal is looking a bit of a bargain based on his 2 appearances for Arsenal so far 😞
He’s a quality, quality player. Always under rated by a lot on here.

He’ll do well there and probably get a league winners medal but I don’t think we undersold him either. It was a decent deal all round.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Why do Brighton fans have UTD with a passion? I love Brighton fans.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not a fan of his shooting technique from what I’ve seen, seems both weak and ineffectively placed.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Apart from one occasion where he cut inside and got a shot away he was making the same mistake that Martinelli was making, which is chopping back on to his left and getting shepherded to the byline. Was screaming for someone to come closer to him to combine with with one-two's.

Tnegs

Hope he gets a start against Brentford. A goal and a good performance would kickstart his career with us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom