• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leandro Trossard: Tross The Process

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Want to give his thread a little bump, as he deserves a lot of praise today.

Will go under the radar due to our other attackers in this match, especially the Saka masterclass we watched...but man I love this guy, did so much for the team today.

His ability plus his workrate, chefs kiss...think only Bukayo has most assists than him for us too :applause:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
My wishes for LW during the window were 1)Zaha 2)Trossard. 89th) Mudryk.

I'm going to have to take a big L on Zaha though.

So poor yesterday for our first two goals. Just doesn't have the defensive workrate or ability you need at Arsenal these days.

Trossard is looking like a steal for £25m or whatever we paid for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So poor yesterday for our first two goals. Just doesn't have the defensive workrate or ability you need at Arsenal these days.
If Zaha was at Arsenal he wouldn’t be doing that though? Arteta instils the ‘culture’ and all that stuff doesn’t he?

Zaha wouldn’t get his dream move to Arsenal then start acting like he’s too big for the club. Also ability wise he’s more than good enough to play for us

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is probably 4 years too late for Zaha. You can see why we were interested in 2019, but now it is too late.

remains

Remember thinking he’d be great here after his hattrick at Anfield, but the signing seemed a bit unrealistic at that point. Love seeing him in the red and white.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he had some pace he’d be pushing for an starting spot even with everyone fit.

We do seem to have lucked into playing him more centrally, unless we always saw that as the plan?

Gives us a great options for the summer as we could potentially sell Nketiah and go for either a WF or CF.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

If Zaha was at Arsenal he wouldn’t be doing that though? Arteta instils the ‘culture’ and all that stuff doesn’t he?

Zaha wouldn’t get his dream move to Arsenal then start acting like he’s too big for the club. Also ability wise he’s more than good enough to play for us

I dunno, I'm not sure you can coach a 30 year old not to back out of a challenge, to not stand around for 3 seconds after being dispossessed rather than tracking back etc. To me that's just someone's nature, particularly at that age.

I'm not even sure he's acting like he's too big for Palace.

He's kind of like Özil in the sense that even when he's trying to work hard defensively it's just not quite there. Letting Saka run in behind him for the second goal for example, I don't blame him, I just don't think he can really do that stuff. It's not natural for him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I dunno, I'm not sure you can coach a 30 year old not to back out of a challenge, to not stand around for 3 seconds after being dispossessed rather than tracking back etc. To me that's just someone's nature, particularly at that age.

I'm not even sure he's acting like he's too big for Palace.

He's kind of like Özil in the sense that even when he's trying to work hard defensively it's just not quite there. Letting Saka run in behind him for the second goal for example, I don't blame him, I just don't think he can really do that stuff. It's not natural for him.
Arteta managed to get Auba to buy in why not Zaha? I don’t get why you’re so convinced he wouldn’t?

I don’t agree with your last paragraph either, we don’t need that level of defensive nous from our wide players. Every winger is occasionally going to lose a runner, they aren’t defenders. Happens to Man City players a lot too, we see it all the time even with our own players so I don’t think that’s something you can pin solely on Zaha.

Feel like you’ve tried to put down Zaha here but none of the criticisms are really sticking

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Palace fans reckon Zaha is phoning it in so he doesn’t get an injury for his new club.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Arteta managed to get Auba to buy in why not Zaha?

I don’t agree with your last paragraph either, we don’t need that level of defensive nous from our wide players. Every winger is occasionally going to lose a runner, they aren’t defenders. We see it all the time even with our own players.

Feel like you’ve tried to put down Zaha here but none of the criticisms are really sticking

Nah, I rate Zaha highly. I think he's a better footballer than Trossard tbh he just wouldn't fit the system at Arsenal.

Bar a few standout games Auba was never great defensively, he tried but it wasn't natural to him. I think Zaha would be similar.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Trills defending another vibes player what else is new

Zaha looked absolutely lost out there

All he has now is his pen winning ability and we all know that goes out the window playing for arsenal

Trilly always has the hots for his sauce boys😁
Tbf Zaha is probably totally disgruntled by now at palace & likely may well put in more of a shift here.
Be interesting to see what his next move is tbh. Could end up with little to show for his career.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
People genuinly didn't rate this guy when he was linked.
He was written off as " too old " with an " unprofessional attitude "
AM with too much twerking for some pace merchant, *** from Ukraine. :lol:
Mudryk thing was kinda strange. Dude was a huge gamble and he has a poor first touch. People ****ting on Martinelli when he is more proven, younger and has better end product than Mudryk. But if you play half way decent against Real Madrid in the champions league, you're a 100 mil player.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Nah, I rate Zaha highly. I think he's a better footballer than Trossard tbh he just wouldn't fit the system at Arsenal.

Bar a few standout games Auba was never great defensively, he tried but it wasn't natural to him. I think Zaha would be similar.
No way is Zaha a better footballer than Trossard. Only things Zaha has over him are his physical gifts and speed+power. If Trossard had the size and athleticism of Zaha, he'd be a world class player.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

No way is Zaha a better footballer than Trossard. Only things Zaha has over him are his physical gifts and speed+power. If Trossard had the size and athleticism of Zaha, he'd be a world class player.

Well maybe, but you can't hold a player having strong physical attributes against them. It's just as much a part of football as any technical abilities.

Trossard is a good player but Zaha could dominate teams single handedly in a way Trossard never could.

Top Bottom