• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Leandro Trossard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We'll quickly see that we lost out on Mudryk IMO. I dont think we would have gone that high for nothing.

As for Trossard, hopefully we can have him registered for the United game. A bench of Smith Rowe, Trossard, Tierney, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Turner and hopefully Elneny, looks much better.
And Holding, fam.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Well, saying we should have Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Tielemans for 2 positions is very Football Manager.

No, i am saying we should have 3 good CMs and then an Elneny or a Patino. Rotation should be limited where possible, continuity is key. Liverpool were at their best when they played the same 11, 90% of the time.

You need to stop comparing with City. They are an anomaly.
I kind of agree but when you look at the squad City have & all the players Chelsea are buying you can certainly see why people think/expect this.
Depth wise City, Chelsea, Man U & probably Liverpool have more than we do currently tbh.
If Sambi & Mo leave I'm not sure Rice/Tielemans would be total overkill with champs league football next season.
If you have the choice of one though you defo take rice as he is the far better 6.

Tielemans is probably the better 8 though.

I really would love Rice but even if we agree a deal with the player and bid 70m you just know fkin Today Todd will throw down 100m & give him a 10 year bumper contract😡

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

People who wonder if he will be only a backup.

This season in EPL, Saka has a point per 118 minutes. Martinelli has a point per 170 minutes. Trossard has a point per 133 minutes. Saka has more assists than the other two.

Take into account that Trossard played for Brighton. I think this is a signing that will help Arsenal a lot this season.

Transfermarkt also says that half of his EPL games this season has been LM, and I assume that is as a wing-back?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Laura%20Hilven%20with%20her%20husband%20Leandro%20Trossard%20on%20their%20wedding%20day.-1638369656286.jpg

Surprised she didn't say "that's my b i t c h".
Ffs man won't even wear socks on his wedding day! Looks like some valet parking guy or waiter snatching a snog with the bride at the reception.
It's a big NAO from me😜

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I kind of agree but when you look at the squad City have & all the players Chelsea are buying you can certainly see why people think/expect this.
Depth wise City, Chelsea, Man U & probably Liverpool have more than we do currently tbh.
If Sambi & Mo leave I'm not sure Rice/Tielemans would be total overkill with champs league football next season.
If you have the choice of one though you defo take rice as he is the far better 6.

Tielemans is probably the better 8 though.

I really would love Rice but even if we agree a deal with the player and bid 70m you just know fkin Today Todd will throw down 100m & give him a 10 year bumper contract😡
It’s a myth. They’ve stockpiled players who lose form, fitness and sharpness because of a lack of playing time. Look at Phillips, Grealish, Ziyech, Pulisic for example. They used to be consistent performers with regular minutes, not anymore.

KDB plays pretty much every game, as does Rodri. There are certain players you rotate as little as possible. Having 4 CMs like Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Tielemans is a fairytale.

ash_rasul

Man, screw this guy. He made a grave mistake in judgment on the Tomiyasu deal and we keep reminding him of his stupidness.

Now he keeps throwing digs. This guy is about as reliable as a blind driving instructor. **** him.
To be completely fair, watching the full video, he makes some fair points and mentions that it is a good deal for all parties concerned (including Arsenal). I think the sensationalist headline makes it seem like he is taking a dig where he actually isn't.

He has spoken some real nonsense previously, but this is probably not one of those moments.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Not sure he'll be on the bench vs United even if we registered him? He won't have a single training with the team or?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
It’s a myth. They’ve stockpiled players who lose form, fitness and sharpness because of a lack of playing time. Look at Phillips, Grealish, Ziyech, Pulisic for example. They used to be consistent performers with regular minutes, not anymore.

KDB plays pretty much every game, as does Rodri. There are certain players you rotate as little as possible. Having 4 CMs like Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Tielemans is a fairytale.
I'm not really disagreeing but 3 of the 4 players you mentioned with lack of playing time are not CMs.
The 2 Chelsea players had no experience of the league so no real guarantee they were gonna work.

Philips has also spent most of his time at Man City injured tbh.

I agree grealish has not looked his best in a more limited role but certainly not been as bad as some think.

Personally I am happy with Rice & 1 more backup squaddie if Mo & Sambi go.

You certainly have to consider future replacements/quality back up for TP &Xhaka though.

What you really don't want is to end up like Liverpool with ageing midfielders & nobody ready to take their place as it may result in a 'write off' season down the line.

Players will get sharpness back with playing time when needed as Mahrez has shown at Man City.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'm not really disagreeing but 3 of the 4 players you mentioned with lack of playing time are not CMs.
The 2 Chelsea players had no experience of the league so no real guarantee they were gonna work.

Philips has also spent most of his time at Man City injured tbh.

I agree grealish has not looked his best in a more limited role but certainly not been as bad as some think.

Personally I am happy with Rice & 1 more backup squaddie if Mo & Sambi go.

You certainly have to consider future replacements/quality back up for TP &Xhaka though.

What you really don't want is to end up like Liverpool with ageing midfielders & nobody ready to take their place as it may result in a 'write off' season down the line.
I’d like us to get one of Rice, De Jong, Enzo, Caicedo or Bellingham. And then use Patino more, maybe even that Myles Skelly kid who is impressing.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I’d like us to get one of Rice, De Jong, Enzo, Caicedo or Bellingham. And then use Patino more, maybe even that Myles Skelly kid who is impressing.
TBH that may be the plan? I've watched Patino a lot this season & don't yet think he's quite ready so he may benefit from another loan. However tbf I can also see the logic in having him around. Dunno about Skelley it would be a big ask at the mo imho.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
To be completely fair, watching the full video, he makes some fair points and mentions that it is a good deal for all parties concerned (including Arsenal). I think the sensationalist headline makes it seem like he is taking a dig where he actually isn't.

He has spoken some real nonsense previously, but this is probably not one of those moments.
In any event, he has no more insight than a million other people on twitter and football forums. I've never heard him say anything that was worth the time spent listening to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom