• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ledley King

deki9188

no way is he worth 20 million!!! crazy talk man utd made a mistake in signing rio for 30. dont do the same.
slightly overrated, and after his showing against us i dont wont it to happen, although he might be an arsenal fan who wanted his team to win!!! ;D ;D ;D

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
There was an Arsenal fan on TalkSPORT the other day and he seems to think that King will join us this coming week with Hoyte and Pennant going the other way in part-exchange.

deki9188

i dont think wenger would let justin hoyte go, it seems like he favours him and believes in his talent. not sure about pennant thought, he doesnt seem to be getting a run.

MightyArsenal

Pennant + Hoyte + Cash For King

I havent got a source, but its a rumour doing the rounds and a few people on talksport yesterday went on about it that tottenham want Pennant+Hoyte. And we know that Arsène wants king. So maybe people have put two and two together here.

Although I seriously doubt it, its a cool rumour.

n_henry

I'd take it.. how much cash exactly though?

Pennant, I don't think will ever make it here unfortunately. I think Hoyte has a better chance, but Eboue's coming in anyway, so I don't think Wenger's 100% behind him like he is with Clichy for instance.

Hopefully this is true...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
£6m + Pennant and Hoyte would be acceptable. King's no world beater. When fit Woodgate is much better then King. Actually even Olof Mellberg's probably better then King.

Jinn

Established Member
Not going to happen. Pennant is rated much higher than that. And Hoyte could yet be better than King anyway.

MightyArsenal

Id stick my head on the block and say pennant isnt regarded highly, hes been with us for 4+ years and would have gotten more starts if he was highly rated. Ill also go as far to say hoyte is not good enough and will never be better than king who btw isnt all that anyway :p

The truth of the matter is bringing through good english talent into a side trying to win the big competitions is always going to be like a needle in a haystack, we are lucky just to have brought through one world class players as it is (cole). And even if this deal doesnt happen I feel pennant will leave in the summer to some mid table side and wenger will go out and get another right back if lauren doesnt sign. Rumour has it Wenger is still interested in Trabelsi.

Chicago

pennant is not going to get a start ahead of freddie, and when freddie was injured, there was someone else better than pennant(reyes or pires), that's why he's never getting the nod

Canuck

Established Member
No deal...King is good but Hoyte is a much more versatile player. Wenger wouldn't unload Hoyte.

Top Bottom