• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester City: Another FFP Victim

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 1586

This is how Leicester ended their 14/15 campaign before Dilly Dong Dong joined them. But, yeah, let's give all the praise to him because without him they clearly were nothing.
I'm not defending him but also the players should be blamed too why vardy Mahrez the solid back 4 stop performing?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Sure, they had a good run at the end of an dreadful season in 14/15. We have seen that over an over before, mediocre teams going on a run to save their spot in a top league. That does not change the fact they are mediocre in first place, hence their perilous position to start with.

Having said that Ranieri he deserves all the praise for the title. This is a bunch of average players and he led them to do the impossible. Myopic to think otherwise.

Not just good, but a fantastic run, which the players took with them in their upcoming season, and build from there. Little to do with Ranieri, but the club as a whole were caught on an euphoria.

If so, then he deserves all the guilt for having a title winning team amongs relegation fodders, and therefore it was the absolutely right decision to sack him. I really don't see the fuss.

I'm not defending him but also the players should be blamed too why vardy Mahrez the solid back 4 stop performing?

I don't know, but since you all keep mentioning Ranieri as the sole reason for them winning the league, why did he stop working his so called magic then?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Actually, I guess since you have been totally unwilling to give him any credit for the title last year, how did it happen then? The players coached themselves to the title? The "euphoria" of 14/15 carried them to the title?

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's wrong with players going to the owner if they really have lost faith in the manager?

I would lose faith as a fan if a manager keeps saying "fight more", "be a gladiator" etc every week.

It's not like the Leicester players aren't trying.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Best of luck to him, was always a likable manager even when he was at Chelsea. Something was going wrong and it would have been an incredibly tough decision for the board to make. Time will tell if it was the right one, relegation can be fairly catastrophic.

I know we can be overly critical on here but Leicester winning the league really is a fairly tale, high chance we wont see something similar for the rest of our lives. The longer time goes on the more fondly we'll remember the season despite obvious frustrations with ourselves.

Furious

Leicester are 19th if the current results hold stick. But yeah, they should've kept Dilly Dong Dong because why not. :rolleyes:

Heck, stupid not to sack him earlier looking at it.

Furious

Actually, I guess since you have been totally unwilling to give him any credit for the title last year, how did it happen then? The players coached themselves to the title? The "euphoria" of 14/15 carried them to the title?

Everyone involved had a say to it, Ranieri was part of it but basically just had to send them out to play. Clearly the club as a whole were caught by the idea of maybe winning the title and it went on and happened.

But again, if Ranieri was the reason for them winning, then he's the reason for them maybe getting relegating. Was the right decision to sack him, no doubt.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Everyone involved had a say to it, Ranieri was part of it but basically just had to send them out to play. Clearly the club as a whole were caught by the idea of maybe winning the title and it went on and happened.

But again, if Ranieri was the reason for them winning, then he's the reason for them maybe getting relegating. Was the right decision to sack him, no doubt.

I am confused, what is your opinion there? He was just there to send them out to play or was he the reason for them winning? You can't have it both ways here.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
This is what happens when whole division and the refs decide to give a relegation side the 1st spot. The team will get found out in the season afterwards and the manager takes the blame.

Most disgusting thing that have been done to football giving them the title last year.

You aren't being serious are you?

kopzilla

Always Negative
What's wrong with players going to the owner if they really have lost faith in the manager?

I would lose faith as a fan if a manager keeps saying "fight more", "be a gladiator" etc every week.

It's not like the Leicester players aren't trying.

Do you think the relationship between the players and Ranieri was so bad last season?

In order to keep harmony in the dressing room, part of the responsibility lies with the players themselves to keep their ego in check.

You would have believed it had it been Mourinho..but does Ranieri come across as a douche bag?

One wonders what would have happened behind the scenes...

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't agree with the majority that seem to think this was undeserved. 'Hasn't had a chance to keep them up', what do they call the previous 25 games. :lol:

Ewarwoowar

Vardy rubbishes rumours that He conspired to get Ranieri out-
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10781838/vardy-rubbishes-ranieri-stories

And the sky sunday supplement says that most of the Foxes players want Pearson back in-
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ing-to-sunday-supplement-panellist-oliver-kay

Took 24hrs before the first player posts on 'social media' their sadness and deep found respect for the guy, but all seems a bit disingenuous to me, like a PR team had written them.

carlito'sway

Established Member
RMC Sport mentioned that LCFC interest for Sergio Conceicao, FC Nantes Manager, has been rejected by both the coach and the club.
They will have to find someone else than the Portuguese who has been doing a fine job since he joined FC Nantes.

VancouverCanuck

Too early to say LFC is out of the woods after one single match.

But if they manage to reverse the slide and stay up this season, then the decision to sack Ranieri is justified.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Too early to say LFC is out of the woods after one single match.

But if they manage to reverse the slide and stay up this season, then the decision to sack Ranieri is justified.

Yeah very much doubt the caretaker manager had anything to do with it though. IMO the football world's reaction to the sacking, rumors/questions of them working to get him sacked, backed them into a corner and another poor performance would have really piled on the pressure if nothing changed.

The players went to being media darlings public enemy #1 overnight so they had to put in a response in the pitch.

We'll see if it lasts, but no way we're the players putting in that much effort for CR all season.

OG J0E

RMC Sport mentioned that LCFC interest for Sergio Conceicao, FC Nantes Manager, has been rejected by both the coach and the club.
They will have to find someone else than the Portuguese who has been doing a fine job since he joined FC Nantes.
Where do all these good Portuguese coaches come from? Seems to be another quality one every week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom