• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leicester City: Another FFP Victim

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It brings me joy to see Leicester win and be in the position they are in today. All the financial muscle in the PL and Leicester are back up there with the underdog tale by using smart moves.

They had the heights of 2016, the tragic low of 2018 and continue to progress, the way they have built on 2016 is amazing after being dismantled, I'd love it if they won the league again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The fact there's a separate thread of Leicester on this forum just shows how ridiculous the last half decade has been for them. Literally a nothing club, basically just Ipswich but further inland, now they're legit top 6. Ridiculous stuff altogether.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The fact there's a separate thread of Leicester on this forum just shows how ridiculous the last half decade has been for them. Literally a nothing club, basically just Ipswich but further inland, now they're legit top 6. Ridiculous stuff altogether.

Ipswich won the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup in the 70's/80's and won the league in the 60's tbf.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The test for Leicester will be if they can replace Vardy, who can only have one or two seasons (at most) left in him.

There are very few players out there who score regularly at the top level in those numbers and they tend to go to bigger clubs in the long run. If they can manage that then this "big six" will prove to be a meaningless historical label.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Will be interesting to see what happens when Vardy is finally done, can they compete for a striker who can replace his goals or unearth a gem, its hard enough for the big boys to find one.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The test for Leicester will be if they can replace Vardy, who can only have one or two seasons (at most) left in him.

There are very few players out there who score regularly at the top level i those numbers and they tend to go to bigger clubs in the long run. If they can manage that then this "big six" will prove to be a meaningless historical label.

Posted pretty much the same thing at the same time :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

There are very few players out there who score regularly at the top level in those numbers and they tend to go to bigger clubs in the long run. If they can manage that then this "big six" will prove to be a meaningless historical label.

They basically can't. They have good recruitment so i'm sure they'll find a good young striker, but very very unlikely that player can replicate Vardy's consistent goalscoring. Also they can't spend big big money. Getting an elite reliable PL goalscorer for a small price is like catching lightening in a bottle, you're not gonna do it twice.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Their forward choices post-Vardy have been poor from a goalscoring point of view. Ihaenacho, Gray etc have contributed very few goals.

If I were them I'd be looking at the likes of Ings (short-term) or Edouard (long-term if we don't go for him).

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Wow, ridiculous record. His story is unique in the modern game really, started late, won the league with a smaller club, rejected a move to a major club etc. Even quit international football early.
He’ll likely finish a top 10 all-time PL goalscorer, despite his first goal coming in his age 26/27 season. Crazy stuff.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Makes you wonder how much Jamie Vardy would be worth, if he was ten years younger. They seem to play with one striker? Harry Kane might have been the answer.
May have to look abroad for the answer, or have a change of formation.
Two options of strikers who could maybe do the Jamie Vardy role. They are older strikers, 1) Wilfred Zaha:- Had been rumoured to be leaving Crystal Palace. 2) Teemu Pukki:- Would he want to stay at a Club that gets Promoted/Relegated from one season to the next?

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
My thoughts of Leicester City. During the 1990's Leicester City played at Filbert Street, Brian Little was the Manager I believe. They got promoted to the Premier League, and had the Local Hero Emile Heskey up front. The midfield three was pretty good, had Muzzy Izzet, Neil Lennon and Robbie Savage. In defence was Steve Walsh and Matt Elliott.
Think they were promoted in 1997/98, we played them at Filbert Street, drew 3 - 3? Dennis Bergkamp scored some wonder goals.
Martin O'Neill became manager, I think he won the League cup with them. Leicester City went onto move to the Walkers Stadium/King Power. They were to win the Premier League under Claudio Ranieri (a Blackburn Rovers moment). The defining moment of that season was winning at Manchester City, you then felt they could win the league. They had a fantastic group of players, with Jamie Vardy leading the front line. 'Jamie Vardy having a party'!!!
This incredible high was to turn to a tragic low. The Leicester City Owner, and other people, killed in a helicopter crash, as it took off from the pitch after a match. Utter disbelief when I first heard about it.
Brendan Rodgers was to be appointed manager, they would go onto win the FA Cup. Gary Lineker was happy.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
@ProspectFox

AbouCuéllar said:
At some point the shoe will drop, Leicester will stop outperforming its xG greatly under Rodgers, and people will realise he's not / Leicester is not that good. Probably this season. Expect they will finish below us and Sp*rs and perhaps some other surprise outfit.

It's happening. Rodgers most overrated manager in the premier right now on this forum and among british fans in general. He is what Em*ry was in the first half of 2018-19 for Arsenal fans / british football fans.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom