• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leno or Martinez?

Leno or Martinez for number 1?

• Total voters

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Interesting, did they misdiagnose Leno when he originally injured himself then as at the time it looked way worse than it actually was?

Good for us in a way because it gives us a bigger sample size to make a choice on the keepers although if Emi flops which I don’t think he will, then our chance of a good fee has gone.

If we’re looking at goalkeepers maybe Ben Foster? Bang average as a keeper and is 37 years old but he’s homegrown and apparently a good dressing room figure which is all you want in a clear number 2/3 and Watford might well sell.

David Martin is another HG keeper probably available as West Ham have about 10 keeping options.

Jack Butlamd could be a smart option if we sell a keeper. Wouldn't cost much, would relish the opportunity and he's very good.

I'd have Martinez as number 1.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Interesting, did they misdiagnose Leno when he originally injured himself then as at the time it looked way worse than it actually was?

Good for us in a way because it gives us a bigger sample size to make a choice on the keepers although if Emi flops which I don’t think he will, then our chance of a good fee has gone.

If we’re looking at goalkeepers maybe Ben Foster? Bang average as a keeper and is 37 years old but he’s homegrown and apparently a good dressing room figure which is all you want in a clear number 2/3 and Watford might well sell.

David Martin is another HG keeper probably available as West Ham have about 10 keeping options.
Yeah, it surprised me that the original diagnosis was so optimistic. Looked really bad to me (I tore my ACL twice myself).

Of course, it sucks for Leno, but it as long as it isn't a massive injury (say, back by October) it would indeed make sure we keep Martinez this summer, which I think is important to do. Keep the competition going for a year and then make a decision. I think both will also have a lot of value in the market next season even if one of them players a lot less.

No idea who would be a good short term back-up if necessary (not necessary if the injury is until October/November, imo), but Foster should be the right profile at least (PL, old, ok with being a stand in).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He was good. He was having a real mare in the Championship. Didn't have a good season at all.

Agree. I think he'd raise his level back in The Premier League though. Think he's a very good signing for somebody.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom