• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leon Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Would be incredible to get one of Europe's highly rated youngsters but where's this idea that we'll get him for £50M?

1. I highly doubt we'll be the only club that'll be interested in him. (bidding war, and we don't do that nonsense)
2. Leverkusen have no need to sell him unless a ridiculous offer comes in.
3. They know we were ready to spend £90M on Lemar last summer, why should they accept less from us for another very highly rated, young player?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Whoa, whoa, whoa! (only because Pulisic grew up 20 minutes away from me)
I love Pulisic too. I'd love to see Arsenal get him in particular. Not only do I think he has amazing upside, but he'd dramatically increase our revenue in the American market.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I love Pulisic too. I'd love to see Arsenal get him in particular. Not only do I think he has amazing upside, but he'd dramatically increase our revenue in the American market.
He loses more balls than Alexis without the output numbers so no, he is so overrated me he will never be a WC player.

BBF

Bailey refuses to play for Jamaica though, even though he's not eligible to play for anyone else. He may wait to gain eligibility for a European country (which would take years). But he did say it was his dream to play in England. Maybe he'll play for England. :D

http://jablogz.com/2018/01/baileys-dream-is-to-play-in-england/

Yeah, I know about his issue with the Jamaican National Team. He just wants to play for a country that will increase his profile. Given he's gone from Belgium to Germany to now possibly England at the age of 20/21, it'll be some time before he can play for another country. If he does end up in England sooner rather than later, then it could be England.

You can't be naturalised and play for England, home nations agreement. His reps also claim he has English heritage but he doesn't.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can't be naturalised and play for England, home nations agreement. His reps also claim he has English heritage but he doesn't.
Wasn't there a time when Arteta could have played for England? Or was it Almunia?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What's the deal with Pulisic? Is he actually an elite talent or just a very good one who's overhyped because he's American?

Miss being able to watch some of these younger guys. Never seem to have any time anymore.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
What's the deal with Pulisic? Is he actually an elite talent or just a very good one who's overhyped because he's American?

Miss being able to watch some of these younger guys. Never seem to have any time anymore.
I think he’s the real deal (though I’m American). He’s only 19 and people want to toss him aside already. Unreal.

BBF

Like Al said, he's definitely the real deal for Americans, and he's a one of the better prospects in world football but I think he's getting massively overhyped because of his nationality.

I think you'll have to see how he does in a few years with all the pressure to know where he's at really.

Malky

Established Member
Wasn't there a time when Arteta could have played for England? Or was it Almunia?
It was Almunia. How bad must England's goalkeeping choices have been if we had to try to nationalise that walking disaster?

Edit: Both of them could have. Arteta even fought for it...
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...gBoIQFggfMAE&usg=AOvVaw21R7CoiJKphOdB1smdoB7h
Arteta should of been allowed to play for England, ****ing criminal such a classy player retired without an international cap. :(

Arteta should of been allowed to play for England, ****ing criminal such a classy player retired without an international cap. :(

Pure bad luck for Arteta that Spain had a never ending line of world class talent at their disposal during his career. I miss his calming presence in our midfield....:(

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I think he's the real deal, and i'm not even American. He's completely two-footed and his dribbling ability is very good indeed, that's what makes him stand out.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Like Al said, he's definitely the real deal for Americans, and he's a one of the better prospects in world football but I think he's getting massively overhyped because of his nationality.

I think you'll have to see how he does in a few years with all the pressure to know where he's at really.

His nationality clearly influences things and attracts more attention to him, but take his nationality out of it and he's still a 19 year old who's playing well for a big team in a foreign country and has already become the talisman and main creator for his national side. I think he's already showing he can handle the pressure.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Pure bad luck for Arteta that Spain had a never ending line of world class talent at their disposal during his career. I miss his calming presence in our midfield....:(

Even more, I loved his, Rosicky's and Arshavin's character.

We had such amazing players with each of them having a unique style of play and they all felt like real Arsenal players, like they belong to us.

Never had that feeling with Alexis for example and sadly, I do think that this romantisism between a club and a player will keep on dissolving.

One of the reasons I really wish Ramsey and Wilshere will finally manage to get like 2 seasons without major outage.
Still think that's on hell of a midfield pairing with frightening potential.

Arsenio Venger

We had such amazing players with each of them having a unique style of play and they all felt like real Arsenal players, like they belong to us.

Never had that feeling with Alexis for example and sadly, I do think that this romantisism between a club and a player will keep on dissolving.

One of the reasons I really wish Ramsey and Wilshere will finally manage to get like 2 seasons without major outage.

Özil feels like our guy. Really hope he signs.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

you have swallowed the cool-aid Wenger has been serving for years

Alexis may be short but a much bigger athlete then most of our players since the invincibles

Hleb
Rosicky
Arteta
Cazorla
Nasri
Reyes
etc etc

always the small technical playmakers, regardless of how technically gifted they were they did not reach the same winning status as the invincibles. it is all fine and dandy, I like them to but their kind is not always the solution like Wenger has thought the last couple of years, decade really

Jack will have more of an impact than any of them because he grew up playing english gritty football to

The invincibles were athletes, athletes makes you win in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom