• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leon Goretzka

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARSNLNO1

I've always liked Goretzka but I'm not convinced he has the engine or physical ability to survive in the premier league, I'd much rather Babayako, I know he's still young but he reminds me of a young Vieira and every time I've seen him play he has massively impressed me. He looks the type of player that would thrive in the premier league.

blaise

Seems realistic, think we wont spend more than 20m on CM unless we sell one more with Ox

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Only saw highlights but his goal vs Ajax was pretty special - seems to have great mobility

Gooner006

Watched the whole match, and his mobility, tactical awareness and versatility are definitely strengths. Doesn't seem out of place anywhere on the pitch. Picked up the ball in his area, dribbled to midfield before combining with a teammate and finishing off the counter. Was forced off during the second half with what's suspected to be a concussion, but he and Kolasinac (two assists) were Schalke's clear standouts.

Sidenote: Tolisso was excellent again for Lyon. Between him, Goretzka and (unlikely) Keita, there are some quality CM options out there.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watched the whole match, and his mobility, tactical awareness and versatility are definitely strengths. Doesn't seem out of place anywhere on the pitch. Picked up the ball in his area, dribbled to midfield before combining with a teammate and finishing off the counter. Was forced off during the second half with what's suspected to be a concussion, but he and Kolasinac (two assists) were Schalke's clear standouts.

Sidenote: Tolisso was excellent again for Lyon. Between him, Goretzka and (unlikely) Keita, there are some quality CM options out there.

Who would you pick between Tolisso and Goretzka and why?

Gooner006

Who would you pick between Tolisso and Goretzka and why?
Tolisso. He's been described as 'Arturo Vidal with a brain', and I think that's spot on. His athleticism allows him to play any midfield position, he's very strong in duels, and his end product (14 goals, 6 assists in all comps) is remarkable already.

Goretzka will come cheaper and would be more capable of serving as an outright DM if Xhaka is out. Also, with Ramsey, Ox, Santi, etc., we have a lot of CM options already, so maybe don't need to spend as much there as elsewhere (Alexis replacement), but if money isn't an issue, I'd pick Tolisso.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Great goal, but I was not that impressed over two legs. We should be looking at more ambitious targets.
We should be looking at the target that fulfills the role best. That may or may not be a name. Whoever it is it cannot be third or fourth choice. We need land one of our top two targets otherwise simply pass ala Perez.

The reality is that we will shop on 3rd tier player lists for next few years.

We just have to hope we get lucky with one of those 3rd tier players.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Good enough for Munchen but looking at this thread he is not good enough for Arsenal.
To be fair, that can make sense. Goretzka is a fine signing for Munich because they already have top midfielders, so what they need is a young, talented understudy. The fact that he'll come cheap and is German makes it an even better match. We need someone better though because we need a starter, which is why some are turning their noses at Goretzka and looking at the likes of Keita, Seri, Tolisso, etc. instead.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Seems realistic, think we wont spend more than 20m on CM unless we sell one more with Ox
If we dont spend more than £20m on a mid then what the **** are we spending money on. Kolasinac free, and then we need a ST/RW. I doubt we will get both. So where are you expecting us to spend out budget or do you reckon we're going to underspend again even though we've had a season that has been embarassing at times (even if we snatch 4th and win FA cup, 10-2 vs Bayern and poor conistency has been bad)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Goretza seems like an unagile deep lying playmaker? Not saying hes slow but will he give the energy that Keita,Serri would I dont think so.. In this formation Coquelin keeps going forward lol. Ramsey does decent in it only because he has an engine and knows how to join attacks. We need an upgrade on that no shadow of a doubt.

blaise

If we dont spend more than £20m on a mid then what the **** are we spending money on. Kolasinac free, and then we need a ST/RW. I doubt we will get both. So where are you expecting us to spend out budget or do you reckon we're going to underspend again even though we've had a season that has been embarassing at times (even if we snatch 4th and win FA cup, 10-2 vs Bayern and poor conistency has been bad)

I think we are continuing with this formation next season and Wenger sees Xhaka-Ramsey as a 1st 11 combination. So we are buying somebody who d be 1st option from the bench and could challenge for 1st 11 down the road. Think we will try to buy WC forward and spend all our money there. Anyway I dont see many players going out. Gibbs for Kolasinac, probably Giroud for attacker, and Coq/Wilshere for midfielder. Of course if we sell Alexis or Özil there will be more players coming in.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Sell Walcott, Coq, Gibbs, Giroud, Pérez (he does not want to stay). One of Ramsey or Wilshare. Easily £70 M

Keep Ox and involve MLN. Give Martínez a chance! Give Sánchez the money!

Bring in Toriso! And of course a top class CF! Kolasinac is pretty good!

Özil, i do not know. I think the 343 does not suit him, if we recieve a juicy offer, let him go, and replace.

But at the end, I know wenger wont do a cleaning like this, never!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom