• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's such a whiny little *****. Instead of using these (justified) criticisms as fuel to prove them wrong like real top players do, he's constantly complaining about being criticized as if he's above that.

He's the highest paid player in an underperforming team. What does he expect?
Exactly. It's never a good look when you sign a contract and fall off of a cliff. If you can receive the plaudits and smile then you can take the criticisms. That's what being a professional is.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
He's such a whiny little *****. Instead of using these (justified) criticisms as fuel to prove them wrong like real top players do, he's constantly complaining about being criticized as if he's above that.

He's the highest paid player in an underperforming team. What does he expect?
Let's get one thing clear, it's a PR article. However, I can understand some of what he's saying, why do people care about what he does off the field? As long as he plays well, no one cares, but as soon as he plays poorly, everyone starts writing about his off-field activities.

Then it must be said that the guy plays for a team that changes coaches every three seasons, how can you expect him to excel in a team that always underperforms? No one at Manchester United has played well this season, what do they expect from Rashford? At the same time, his body language doesn't do him any favors.

The best thing would be for him to leave UTD this summer, I think he would really thrive in a team with coaching and a game system that suits him.

Thrice

Let's get one thing clear, it's a PR article. However, I can understand some of what he's saying, why do people care about what he does off the field? As long as he plays well, no one cares, but as soon as he plays poorly, everyone starts writing about his off-field activities.

Then it must be said that the guy plays for a team that changes coaches every three seasons, how can you expect him to excel in a team that always underperforms? No one at Manchester United has played well this season, what do they expect from Rashford? At the same time, his body language doesn't do him any favors.

The best thing would be for him to leave UTD this summer, I think he would really thrive in a team with coaching and a game system that suits him.
I agree that some of these criticisms go a bit too far, but he's just lumping it all together. People have every right to question his commitment when in games he genuinely looks like he doesn't care.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka

Doubtful he takes the jump without being forced out. Life is just too cushy. You saw McTominay and Maguire last summer staying despite interest beyond united.

Everytime I look at United I thank TPTB that we have Arteta and a board that backed/believed in him.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I can’t believe in 2024 people are still making excuses for players who are genuinely just bad to okay players. Bruno and Rashford are just not good enough, it’s as simple as that. Yes, they could produce slightly better under a less shambolic team, but they’re still not and never will be good enough to do it at the highest level. It really isn’t more complicated than that.

In fairness in never stopped him from performing. If it was Clough/Fergie would've shown him the boot, which is the crux of the issue with Rashford if he was performing consistently there wouldn't be anywhere near as much criticism, if any at all.

Back in the day top players like Keane faced guys who ran 5 km in 25-30 min. Even 35 min like yourself.

In modern game even at bottom clubs everyone is running 5 km under 20 min. Its why modern players if they want to be top top should not drink at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Potter will go there, him and Ashworth worked together before. Makes sense even if utd fans dont like it, he has unfinished business too!
Man Utd aren’t hiring a guy who got sacked 3 months into his only big job, too risky. It’ll be De Zerbi, Tuchel, Nagelsmann etc.

Head&Shoulders

Back in the day top players like Keane faced guys who ran 5 km in 25-30 min. Even 35 min like yourself.

In modern game even at bottom clubs everyone is running 5 km under 20 min. Its why modern players if they want to be top top should not drink at all.
That's bs man. By your logic most players run 14-15km per average which is absurd.
Noah Okafor played just over 20min today for Milan and barely covered 3km

7.jpg

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I had a look through their forum and they are all genuinely delusional about their attractiveness and by extension the level they are at.

They need a coach who is able to instill the fundamentals to play a possession dominant game. The amount of people turning their noses up at the likes of Graham Potter because he’s a ‘failed coach’etc is why they will remain perpetually ****. They deserve the ‘best in class’ apparently.

This misplaced sense of arrogance from their fanbase will more than ensure that they won’t be a serious club anytime soon.

That's bs man. By your logic most players run 14-15km per average which is absurd.
Noah Okafor played just over 20min today for Milan and barely covered 3km

Im not talking about how much they run in a game. Im talking about how good their stamina is in a normal run and how much more capable players even at lower level clubs are now always being top at their speed and focus late in games.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I still can't believe Ten Hag sold Elanga for 15 million pounds & angered Sancho by playing one of EPL's biggest flops ever in Antony. Only now he properly dropped Antony in recent times, saying he has to improve, not before. :lol: This season Elanga has 5+7 in EPL, a point per 144 minutes. This is similar level output to Saka and Martinelli in earlier seasons.

Their fans seem to still mention Arteta being given a lot of time as an example why not sack Ten Hairs. Well Arteta's eye for talent wasn't truly horrible like Ten Hairs', but mostly successes even when his transfers were criticized at the time.

We're now also seeing Varane and Casemiro gradually showing why buying such old players with huge wages was not very wise in a rebuild. Oh how I love them choosing Varane over White! Well at least they have some hope of selling them to Saudi's later, which might save them a bit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I had a look through their forum and they are all genuinely delusional about their attractiveness and by extension the level they are at.

They need a coach who is able to instill the fundamentals to play a possession dominant game. The amount of people turning their noses up at the likes of Graham Potter because he’s a ‘failed coach’etc is why they will remain perpetually ****. They deserve the ‘best in class’ apparently.

This misplaced sense of arrogance from their fanbase will more than ensure that they won’t be a serious club anytime soon.
They’re a super club. Would we want Potter here if Mick left tomorrow?

Their new owner has come in and said nothing but the best is the requirement.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They’re a super club. Would we want Potter here if Mick left tomorrow?

Their new owner has come in and said nothing but the best is the requirement.

This is the mentality I think they need to change though and by all accounts that's what they're trying.

There is zero point bringing in a guy like Zidane with the squad the way it is.

8/9 players need to go first. You're posting some good stuff today.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I actually think Potter would be a very sensible option IF the board are willing to be completely aligned and give him 4/5 years to build.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The only thing about Potter is he would be trying to play a brand of football that United supporters could get behind, tho there's some odd tactical decisions he makes which might leave some head scratching. Also not sure he's the type of personality for a club of that size.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The only thing about Potter is he would be trying to play a brand of football that United supporters could get behind, tho there's some odd tactical decisions he makes which might leave some head scratching. Also not sure he's the type of personality for a club of that size.
It cant be worse than what they have had for the last 10 years. Potter is the sensible option imo, knows Dan Ashworth too.

Batman

Potter is not a guy who looks like he can handle a big boy job. He reminds me of Emery in the sense that he's too weak a personality to deal with divas and inevitably you will have to navigate them at a club like United.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Potter is not a guy who looks like he can handle a big boy job. He reminds me of Emery in the sense that he's too weak a personality to deal with divas and inevitably you will have to navigate them at a club like United.

Even if those criticisms of Emery are valid I think you're doing a disservice comparing him with Potter, Emery is far better equipped in that regard. Even if you don't think Valencia, Sevilla and Villa aren't massive clubs they're still bigger than anything Potters proven himself capable of. Even at PSG he still won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies.

Batman

Even if those criticisms of Emery are valid I think you're doing a disservice comparing him with Potter, Emery is far better equipped in that regard. Even if you don't think Valencia, Sevilla and Villa aren't massive clubs they're still bigger than anything Potters proven himself capable of. Even at PSG he still won 5 out of 6 domestic trophies.
They're both weak. Emery drowned here and at PSG. My point wasn't who is weaker, my point was that there's an archetype of manager who simply can't function with any real expectation or egos to manage.

Top Bottom