• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hahaha get in! Best news of the summer. Now he'll flop this season and they will think about big sack pay out and let him stay for more than usual and eventually sack him later anyway.
Think he’ll get top 4 and they’ll stick with him. Utd are a top 4 team now.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Greenwood is getting minutes wherever he can but will be moved up front eventually, and Utd only have old man Cavani there.

Don’t agree with the rest, we signed White and we’re all happy? We signed Partey and we’re all happy? Tierney too. These are ready made players.
Alot of people aren't happy re white because it's pushing out Saliba and think we are spending too much. Partey was welcomed but he wasn't pushing out anyone. A lot of people here weren't keen on Tierney and thought it was mad Celtic were demanding 25m and that we would spend it on a player from a farmers league. Go sign Firpo instead was a popular shout on here.

Us as a fan base are generally not hot on proven talent taking a young players place. Signing X kills Y. That's my two cents anyway.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Alot of people aren't happy re white because it's pushing out Saliba and think we are spending too much. Partey was welcomed but he wasn't pushing out anyone. A lot of people here weren't keen on Tierney and thought it was mad Celtic were demanding 25m and that we would spend it on a player from a farmers league. Go sign Firpo instead was a popular shout on here.

Us as a fan base are generally not hot on proven talent taking a young players place. Signing X kills Y. That's my two cents anyway.
No it wasn't. People were very happy with Tierney, maybe a few ran out of patience at the excruciating slowness of the deal, but everyone was pleased with it.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hahaha get in! Best news of the summer. Now he'll flop this season and they will think about big sack pay out and let him stay for more than usual and eventually sack him later anyway.
He's doing well. In his first full season he took them from 6th to 3rd and then on to 2nd. He's improved them and he's going in the right direction.

With Arteta we've seen zero improvement. He's taken us from 8th to 8th. It's United fans who'll be laughing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

United seem to have accepted their place behind City now, I never thought I'd see it. But this is what football is now to a large extent. Top 4 is the be all and end all and it's enough to save managers. Only when that's in danger does their job come under question (except at Arsenal obviously). Ole is literally doing the bare minimum, and you should really emphasise MINIMUM, because I don't think it's possible for this United squad to be finishing outside the top 4, it's just far too talented and far too much quality in it, and there's just been far too much money spent. I think the EL loss might've put him under more pressure but the United board have shown their hand, trophies isn't the priority anymore. We're in a climate where there's no real gambling.

What's even weirder is that we're seeing it at clubs that usually just sack managers any time they go trophyless. Barca are persisting with Koeman despite a horrid season, PSG are giving Pochettino a new contract despite losing out on a title to Lille. Zidane walked otherwise Real probably would've just kept him. A lot of clubs are being a bit more cautious now rather than making the rapid changes we've seen in the past.

Pyres7

They're not winning a big trophy with Ole in charge. Looks like they're happy sticking with the safe option instead of taking a risk.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arsenal fans must be the only ones ever to destabilise a top 4 formula for a club spending outside that. Could be paying the price of listening to eejits like DT for some years to come.

People make their own decisions brother, stop putting it on those guys it's embarrassing. There's a lot of people who can think for themselves who believe Wenger should have gone in 2015. For obvious reasons.

If you had it your way he would still be at the club now and we wouldn't be progressing. But you were happy chilling around 70 points and getting knocked out the group stages of the CL.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He's doing well. In his first full season he took them from 6th to 3rd and then on to 2nd. He's improved them and he's going in the right direction.

With Arteta we've seen zero improvement. He's taken us from 8th to 8th. It's United fans who'll be laughing.

Thinking along the same lines. Ole definitely isn't on par with the great tacticians or the few super coaches, but imo he's way less worse than some assume and most importantly seems to have found a leadership style of man management, culture and pragmatism that seems to suit this United. Will that take them to a league or CL title? I don't think so, but imo it's definitely stabilizing them while their squad also gets better over time and my guess is they'll be a nailed on Top 4 team in the next few years.

Saying that I can't really see how Arsenal can make it back into the CL via the league - all of City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea currently have better squads and managers. West Ham are doing fine with Moyes, damn, give Aston Villa one or two more signings and a progressive manager and they could be going places.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm quite sure if Arteta also had £400M to spend on footballers with an already decent squad he to would have a similar progressive path to Ole.

The way some people speak about Arteta just because they have an agenda to do with our older regimes is embarrassing. Should be absolutely ashamed.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom