• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

spartandre217

Established Member
It would be an outright massacre.

Midfield and their ineptitude there is part of the reason theyve won f*** all in Europe since 2008 when they had the world's best player

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

yousif_arsenal said:
You can't judge the team and predict where will finish in the table this season because its still early days of the season. but if Moyesey and his Manure keep playing like they did against Liverpool and Chelsea i can't see them winning the title but they will finish inside the top 4 because they have some quality players.
It is how he reacted to the results against Chelsea and Liverpool that made me feel he was out of his depth, like somehow they were good results. Drawing at Old Trafford to Chelsea is not a good result and losing away to Liverpool is a dreadful result for a team that has virtually dominated English football my whole life. The interviews reeked of a man thinking he is still at Everton or stuck in Fergusons shadow, either way something just didn't feel right about the way he handled himself.

I actually like Moyes and hope he does ok but I feel we will finish above them and usually if you finish above United that means you are fighting it out or are the Champions Im not sure if that will be the case this season for just finishing above United.

thedon5

Buhry said:
Thier midfield is seriously trash though outside of carrick and possibly fellaini, depending on what sort of role they want him to play. Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs are all seriously mediocre. And they have problems on the wings too, unless Nani can hit form, the rest of their wide players are not great at all.

Van Persie, Shrek and Hernandez are probably the best trio of strikers in the league though. And they have a good keeper and a good defence player for player.

I think they will struggle to retain the league though and I certainly think we'll close the gap significantly on them this year. I doubt we'll beat them though, we'd have to get off to a good start and probably make a signing or 2 in january. Or they'd have to go full *****. Who knows though, an injury to the former glass man rvp for example and they could be in for a struggle.

I think that's being generous. Fungus got the best out of some really awful players who actually played decent for him, like Valencia, Evans and Welbeck, hell even Young had some good games for them. I doubt Moyes can do the same, and also you take into account the fact that all their older players are now yet another year older.

They are sorted in striker and in number 10 (assuming Moyes actually plays Rooney and not Welbeck), but other than that their team is really a load of ****. Fellaini is an average CM, I was saying it all summer when we were linked to him, he is overrated now because of his great season in the hole and will struggle at United. Carrick is good but he's hardly going to be their Yaya Toure, their wingers are all absolute cack, Evra is long past it, and Ferdinand should've retired long ago with Giggs.

In terms of their quality players, Judas can still score around 20 for them, Hernandez is good off the bench, Carrick is a good midfielder, Vidic is still looking pretty solid, Rafael is improving a lot and is looking a nice attacking RB now, and De Gea is improving. Other than that they are screwed IMO. Injuries to any of Vidic/Judas/Carrick, especially Judas and they are absolutely done for, looking at Europa League. I really doubt Rooney will do too great this season, nothing better than last season for sure. His head is clearly elsewhere and he still hates Judas's shadow.

I absolutely despise Man Utd, more than Spuds by far, so I hope I'm actually making sense and am not just blinded by my hatred for them :lol: .

Buhry

Established Member

thedon5 said:
Buhry said:
Thier midfield is seriously trash though outside of carrick and possibly fellaini, depending on what sort of role they want him to play. Anderson, Cleverley and Giggs are all seriously mediocre. And they have problems on the wings too, unless Nani can hit form, the rest of their wide players are not great at all.

Van Persie, Shrek and Hernandez are probably the best trio of strikers in the league though. And they have a good keeper and a good defence player for player.

I think they will struggle to retain the league though and I certainly think we'll close the gap significantly on them this year. I doubt we'll beat them though, we'd have to get off to a good start and probably make a signing or 2 in january. Or they'd have to go full *****. Who knows though, an injury to the former glass man rvp for example and they could be in for a struggle.

I think that's being generous. Fungus got the best out of some really awful players who actually played decent for him, like Valencia, Evans and Welbeck, hell even Young had some good games for them. I doubt Moyes can do the same, and also you take into account the fact that all their older players are now yet another year older.

They are sorted in striker and in number 10 (assuming Moyes actually plays Rooney and not Welbeck), but other than that their team is really a load of ****. Fellaini is an average CM, I was saying it all summer when we were linked to him, he is overrated now because of his great season in the hole and will struggle at United. Carrick is good but he's hardly going to be their Yaya Toure, their wingers are all absolute cack, Evra is long past it, and Ferdinand should've retired long ago with Giggs.

In terms of their quality players, Judas can still score around 20 for them, Hernandez is good off the bench, Carrick is a good midfielder, Vidic is still looking pretty solid, Rafael is improving a lot and is looking a nice attacking RB now, and De Gea is improving. Other than that they are screwed IMO. Injuries to any of Vidic/Judas/Carrick, especially Judas and they are absolutely done for, looking at Europa League. I really doubt Rooney will do too great this season, nothing better than last season for sure. His head is clearly elsewhere and he still hates Judas's shadow.

I absolutely despise Man Utd, more than Spuds by far, so I hope I'm actually making sense and am not just blinded by my hatred for them :lol: .

Nah man it's cool. I hate them as well, I really want to see them fail this season, more so than the other top teams :lol: Nothing would amuse me more than us doing well while Judas is over there frustrated at Moyes and the incompetent bunch of midfielders behind him.

WengerFaithful

Rain Dance said:
Too soon guys, too soon

Exactly the statements on here are embarrasing lets have some of our own success before trash talking Utd.

We buy Özil and now every team is inferior to ours in alot of Arsenal Quarters - we've already lost once ourselves this season and have an extremely hard C/L group lets take stock at Christmas.

onetowatch

spartandre217 said:
It would be an outright massacre.

Midfield and their ineptitude there is part of the reason theyve won f*** all in Europe since 2008 when they had the world's best player

They've been to two finals though, only losing to one of the greatest club sides of all time.

Buhry

Established Member

Ronaldo reportedly signs new contract at Real.

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1553451/real-madrid-star-cristiano-ronaldo-sign-new-contract-report?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/15534 ... rt?cc=5739</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

309882hp2.jpg

lol@ United fans who thought he was coming back. Why would he come back to play for Moyes? :lol:

Pea-Tear-Griffin

"Mark Halsey has revealed in his book what we've known for years, that Fergie was on texting terms with refs."
The only surprising thing here is that Ferguson knows how to text.

Caz19

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
"Mark Halsey has revealed in his book what we've known for years, that Fergie was on texting terms with refs."

To be fair to Fergie, even when football was changing, he adapted himself to it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's also adapted him to the many technological innovations in life.

Moyes on the other hand is a different story. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't know how to even turn on a mobile phone.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Caz19 said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:

To be fair to Fergie, even when football was changing, he adapted himself to it. Wouldn't be surprised if he's also adapted him to the many technological innovations in life.

Moyes on the other hand is a different story. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't know how to even turn on a mobile phone.
:lol:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Don't really understand the problem with what he's said there.

He probably looks at the likes of Messi with envy and wishes he had multiple CL/domestic titles to his name too. He's roughly the same as Ibra in terms of talent but Ibra has what, 8 league titles?

If RvP isn't slating Arsenal then I don't give a **** what he says tbh.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Ibrahimovic is on another level to RVP, said it when the latter was still at our club. In terms of footballing ability there isn't that much between them, but the physique of a footballer is part of his 'talent' as well. No comparison there between them, one is a freak of nature (and of his own training), bullies players for fun and scores bicycle kicks from 40 yards out, the other is a glass-boned dickhead with voices in his head.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom