• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Hate to defend AFTV but I wonder if there will be the same venom on Twitter towards Utd. “They must have known etc.. etc...”

Let's not make this into a virtue debate about football clubs to one-up each other. This is in really poor taste and shows no respect to the victim. Everyone should be in agreement that serious actions need to be taken against Greenwood.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hate to defend AFTV but I wonder if there will be the same venom on Twitter towards Utd. “They must have known etc.. etc...”
Apparently it seems well known. His family allegedly raised concerns with the club and Southgate which is why he was omitted from international games.

Strange United played him at all and didn't goto the authorities. As @Juan Matas Beard said this isn't about one up one-ups its about doing the right thing for the victim. There seems to have been a lot of warning signs that were never acted upon and because of thay this young lady has been suffering. Questions need answered by anyone regardless of club who had knowledge of this and done nothing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Probably the end of his career at Man Utd. No doubt he’ll get picked up somewhere else.

Don’t even know if we’ll see that. Domestic violence cases are notorious for collapsing before a conviction over here.

Utd will probably use some bullsh*t like “waiting for a full investigation before making a decision” and play the percentages that he won’t get a conviction.

If he dodges it this will be a few years down the road with a trial and everything so they’ll bring him back and all the fans will use the same terrible Ronaldo logic of “innocent until proven guilty”.

He’s too good at kicking a ball around to face the same justice as a worse player. They’ll do whatever they can to keep him. Not even just a Utd thing. If he was at any club I guarantee they’d be doing the same.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Let's not make this into a virtue debate about football clubs to one-up each other. This is in really poor taste and shows no respect to the victim. Everyone should be in agreement that serious actions need to be taken against Greenwood.
I agree 100%. Which is why it was so frustrating that people used the DT situation as another reason to lump in on AFTV.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Don’t even know if we’ll see that. Domestic violence cases are notorious for collapsing before a conviction over here.

Utd will probably use some bullsh*t like “waiting for a full investigation before making a decision” and play the percentages that he won’t get a conviction.

If he dodges it this will be a few years down the road with a trial and everything so they’ll bring him back and all the fans will use the same terrible Ronaldo excuse of “innocent until proven guilty”.

He’s too good at kicking a ball around to face the same justice as a worse player. They’ll do whatever they can to keep him. Not even just a Utd thing. If he was at any club I guarantee they’d be doing the same.

The audio though, that’s on the internet forever now, and it’s damning

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The audio though, that’s on the internet forever now, and it’s damning

I mean there’s leaked documents where Ronaldo cops to raping someone and nothing happened.

“Waiting for the facts to be established” will turn into hoping he beats it at trial if it even gets that far which it probably won’t.

Look at the Wales FA keeping Giggs on the payroll for almost two years after his arrest to wait and see he beats the case.

Seen this too many times in sport with guys like Kobe, Ronaldo and Deshaun Watson to be anything other than sceptical.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Poor woman, hope she gets justice.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
These kind of things happen around the world daily the girls are afraid to speak up specially in countries where I grow up I've seen worse but Mason gf despite having very famous celebrity is very brave to speak up.

I'll never see these images or listen to audio but hope Mason face the maximum punishment these things are unacceptable and disgusting. How you do such things to someone you love? Even animals don't the that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean there’s leaked documents where Ronaldo cops to raping someone and nothing happened.

“Waiting for the facts to be established” will turn into hoping he beats it at trial if it even gets that far which it probably won’t.

Look at the Wales FA keeping Giggs on the payroll for almost two years after his arrest to wait and see he beats the case.

Seen this too many times in sport with guys like Kobe, Ronaldo and Deshaun Watson to be anything other than sceptical.

You’re totally right about powerful figures getting away with it, and he might well carry on playing.

Often though the visceral reaction among the public has more sway than objective facts. Two people can do the same bad thing, but if one has pictures and audio then the consequences will be worse, because people will understand it more viscerally.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Is this being reported in the news? Went on BBC Sport but didn't see anything. It's headlines in Swedish media

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Is this being reported in the news? Went on BBC Sport but didn't see anything. It's headlines in Swedish media
Think they'll wait to be sure it's him 100% before reporting he English international So English media will treat it with extreme caution

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You’re totally right about powerful figures getting away with it, and he might well carry on playing.

Often though the visceral reaction among the public has more sway than objective facts. Two people can do the same bad thing, but if one has pictures and audio then the consequences will be worse, because people will understand it more viscerally.

I mean Benjamin Mendy and Sigurdsson are both still employed by their clubs. These clubs don’t care about the right thing and visceral reaction. People lose interest after a while.

They’ll suspend him after he’s arrested then wait out the trial and if it collapses they’ll do a whole PR exercise with Mason to rehab his image just enough to let him play again.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hopefully manutd fans and his fanboys put the footballing aside and accept whatever punishment Mason punishment is even if mean utd get rid of him.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I mean Benjamin Mendy and Sigurdsson are both still employed by their clubs. These clubs don’t care about the right thing and visceral reaction. People lose interest after a while.

They’ll suspend him after he’s arrested then wait out the trial and if it collapses they’ll do a whole PR exercise with Mason to rehab his image just enough to let him play again.
The clubs can’t terminate the players without a verdict being drawn first right?

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom