• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Worst thing about this iteration of United is that they are the ones ruining football now. When City show more restraint to spending money than you, you have to question yourself.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
oie-9n-BH6rq2-Etq-T.jpg

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't think anyone should downplay Casemiro's quality. He's still an excellent player and he'll be right at home in the PL. If a butcher like Rodri can thrive there, an actual stud like Casemiro will adapt just fine. That said, Utd. have got so many problems that his actual impact is not going to be enormous. He's not going to make Sancho any less of a joke. Penandes is still going to go missing for long stretches. You still can't trust Maguire. Rashford is still an MP with a football kit. Martinez is not going to be able to stand on his shoulder so he's still a useless midget. These things will all still be the same. I think he helps their goal difference more than anything. Maybe they only concede 2 instead of 5 on bad days.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I rate Casemiro, very good player but he's 30 and will be on a silly money long term contract because he certainly isn't going to Man Utd for footballing reasons.

Every time they fall into the same trap of buying a 'name' player to come in and try to sort the mess out in a quick fix move. Pretty much any established big name player who'd be interested in joining, I'd reject, if I were running the club. Not the sort of characters you want around and you have to question their motivations.

The people in charge need to accept the state they're in, try to rebuild an actual squad rather than spraying money around to paper cracks.

Man Utd are a prime example that you can't just buy your way out of trouble if the foundations aren't correct no matter how much you spend.

It's so arrogant the way they go about things.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I rate Casemiro, very good player but he's 30 and will be on a silly money long term contract because he certainly isn't going to Man Utd for footballing reasons.

Every time they fall into the same trap of buying a 'name' player to come in and try to sort the mess out in a quick fix move.
Pretty much any established big name player who'd be interested in joining, I'd reject, if I were running the club. Not the sort of characters you want around and you have to question their motivations.

Remember Schweinsteiger, Di Maria, Victor Valdes :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Yeah, there's a reason why Man City and Man Utd are where they are even though they've spent comparable amounts of money.

Man City are well run and thorough when it comes to transfers. Rarely are they buying older, big name players on really silly money. That's about all Man Utd do these days.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Casemiro is a good signing if he’s the start of something. You can’t deny his quality. Add a few more with his profile this summer and ETH has something to work with.

This means Mctominay is now out.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I don't think anyone should downplay Casemiro's quality. He's still an excellent player and he'll be right at home in the PL. If a butcher like Rodri can thrive there, an actual stud like Casemiro will adapt just fine. That said, Utd. have got so many problems that his actual impact is not going to be enormous. He's not going to make Sancho any less of a joke. Penandes is still going to go missing for long stretches. You still can't trust Maguire. Rashford is still an MP with a football kit. Martinez is not going to be able to stand on his shoulder so he's still a useless midget. These things will all still be the same. I think he helps their goal difference more than anything. Maybe they only concede 2 instead of 5 on bad days.

Good take, it's pretty obvious he doesn't change the team on his own but I think the main thing is he provides qualities we simply don't have. He's combative, he's clean in possession and he's pro-active. We probably haven't had a player that's up for a fight like him since we won the title. In terms of starting XI impact, the best we can hope for is having a midfield that isn't walked all over allows us to get the ball up faster to the forwards to make more impact but we need to see more quality from the likes of Sancho, Rashford and other forwards.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Valdes is a bit of a weird one to mention. In 2014, he suffered an ACL so his transfer to Monaco fell through. He was at United for 4 months rehabilitating before he was given a contract for 18 months to be De Gea's backup by LVG who actually gave him his debut at Barcelona, he was pretty much actively coaching the U21's during that time. Then he and LVG had a falling out and he left.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom