• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Bloodbather

Established Member

I haven't kept up with what happened with Greenwood's case, so correct me if I'm wrong here. Did he and the girlfriend he raped reconcile and are now expecting a child? And that's why the complaint was withdrawn?

Big yikes if that's the case. It doesn't mean he's been "cleared" at all, then, just that the victim here either has serious character defects, or is being pressured to keep the relationship going.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I haven't kept up with what happened with Greenwood's case, so correct me if I'm wrong here. Did he and the girlfriend he raped reconcile and are now expecting a child? And that's why the complaint was withdrawn?

Big yikes if that's the case. It doesn't mean he's been "cleared" at all, then, just that the victim here either has serious character defects, or is being pressured to keep the relationship going.
No, it means the law failed her. How was someone who was recorded raping someone able to post bail and allowed to intimidate his victim without being picked up and tossed inside again? The girl needed to be protected from him and ultimately they failed.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
No, it means the law failed her. How was someone who was recorded raping someone able to post bail and allowed to intimidate his victim without being picked up and tossed inside again? The girl needed to be protected from him and ultimately they failed.

If the woman and only witness states it's not rape there isn't a case. The video could easily be roleplay as far as the viewer can tell or not tell.

Also she will have had a restraining order against him in the bail terms. But if she doesn't report the restraining order was breached, then there is no complaint and no provable breach.

Simply put, she decided life was much better with a wealthy boyfriend who'd pay for her every need and whim rather than be single and have to work for a living.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Nah. If she were to keep her complaint and the law and law enforcement failed to protect her from intimidation, then you'd have a point. But that appears not to be the case. She retracted the complaint, there's nothing the law can do at that point.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

If the woman and only witness states it's not rape there isn't a case. The video could easily be roleplay as far as the viewer can tell or not tell.

Also she will have had a restraining order against him in the bail terms. But if she doesn't report the restraining order was breached, then there is no complaint and no provable breach.

Simply put, she decided life was much better with a wealthy boyfriend who'd pay for her every need and whim rather than be single and have to work for a living.

A roleplay? :lol:
I really hope you dont believe it was some kind of acting. There was more witnesses that retracted their statements btw, probably after being pressured by the rape victim.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Love listening to this salty dickhead :lol:

This guy is a great example of clueless ball watchers on a platform. This is representation of 90% of ball watchers out there IMO.
I respect the argument that Saka is not world class. It's not without merit. But Rants just basically destroyed his own argument by saying Kvicha and Freakish are world class but Saka isn't. I'm not having that.

The guy is a proper dickhead.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I respect the argument that Saka is not world class. It's not without merit. But Rants just basically destroyed his own argument by saying Kvicha and Freakish are world class but Saka isn't. I'm not having that.

Yeah on the Saka argument, I agree with the "not world class" statement.

But as you say, this dude is just salty, and that clouds his arguments. To Rants' credit though, he does give Trossard his dues.

Last edited:

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
A roleplay? :lol:
I really hope you dont believe it was some kind of acting. There was more witnesses that retracted their statements btw, probably after being pressured by the rape victim.

No I don't, but there's an element of doubt without an accuser or a witness, ie her. That recording in itself isn't enough to convict.

Also when it comes to this matter Yellow Boxes level of accussation and evidence is very similar to Greenwood's. It's just they had texts instead of a recording. CR7 also pretty much admitted to the same also. None of them are being charged and are innocent in the eyes of the law as things stand.

She was pressured by her father to do this. He was even defending him on Twitter according to United fans.

I'm aware of this, but that doesn't mean she also didn't want to maintain a relationship with a wealthy boyfriend. And ultimately that is the choice she made.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Yea a 27yo Grealish has never matched the goals and assists totals per season that a 21yo Saka's hit in the last seasons, but he's world class. Khvicha is a class player, maybe more individual with some of his goals/assists but he's only matching Saka's numbers in a worse league. Saka's outperformed both internationally and importantly at the World Cup. He also mentions Joao Felix who's never matched Saka's numbers of the last 2 seasons and is 2 years old.

Is Saka World Class? I'm not sure, but he's obviously 1 of the best performing wingers in the world and the best performing winger in the PL which is the hardest league in the world.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

And he is wearing a purse, i would love to be a fly in the room when Roy Keane sees this.
Not sure Tony Adams would have been too kind to Bellerin's fashion either. Though, in defence of Bellerin, I'd say he did a decent figure at the Oxford Union. Probably a good bit better than Adams would ever have done....or Roy Keane for that matter.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Not sure Tony Adams would have been too kind to Bellerin's fashion either. Though, in defence on Bellerin, I'd say he did a decent figure at the Oxford Union. Probably a good bit better than Adams would ever have done....or Roy Keane for that matter.

You know Keane’s response included a few four letter words. At this point i think he is playing to the caricature of himself, like he really believes he is the guy from Ted lasso. I wonder how much of it is hamming up it for likes and headlines. I mean i know i like to wind people up and offend their sensibilities sometimes to, it’s really fun. Half the time i think Keane is doing schtick

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You know Keane’s response included a few four letter words. At this point i think he is playing to the caricature of himself, like he really believes he is the guy from Ted lasso. I wonder how much of it is hamming up it for likes and headlines. I mean i know i like to wind people up and offend their sensibilities sometimes to, it’s really fun. Half the time i think Keane is doing schtick
Isn't that really what punditry is these days? I must say, one of the best things was when Mourinho was in the studio. He knows his football, and he has the trophies as a *manager* to back it up. Souness and Keane were like schoolboys, listening attentively.

I think his analysis still stands

Latest posts

Top Bottom