• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

mpower2540

It's weird to me that he's punishing them for running less than Brentford despite the fact that the players actually tried to execute what he wants them to do? They were just utterly incapable. Surely the whole point of the way Ten Hag plays means that they run less and players aren't running around as much because they're in the right positions and trust their teammate to find them? It smacks a little bit of blame-shifting/arrogance to me. If he wants to instill belief or player buy in then this doesn't seem the wisest move. 🤷‍♂️

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Honestly no more enjoyment in life seeing this club in this state especially if you grew up during the late 90s/2000s when their fans would be giving it large every week.

Hilarious that they are blaming the glazers like they haven't spent over a Billion pounds.
Oh god if you read any United Fans comments in the early 2000s they thought world football and the English revolves around them. They had this mentality that they were too big to fail and that even when Fergie left their money and being the biggest club in the country would keep them lifting trophies forever. When Arsenal stopped challenging at the top they loved to stick the needle in. They were so entitled and so vocal in their god given superiority to everyone else in English football. Now it’s so fun to watch them meltdown on YouTube

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yeah its kinda sad - if it wasn’t united. Their fans are indeed still closing their eyes to the real problem they are facing and it looks like so is their leadership. After they basically forfeited last season to give Rangnick a chance to analyze the club and come up with a real plan forward, what did they do?

✅ Signed a young up and coming manager in ETH who plays a clear and attractive style

❌ After half a season of “Rangnick is here to work on our long-term future” they rejected all his work and let him go

❌Had no clear scouting or support structure in place for Ten Hag which means after Woodward they went from buying players the manager doesn’t want to buying players the manager wants…but the manager has no experience with recruitment or an eye for talent (seriously, Overmars and the scouting did all the recruitment at Ajax, Ten Hag recommended only players he knew from previous jobs and they all turned out bad).

❌ United only let players leave who are out of contract, all the players that stunk up the place, showed no effort or have a bad attitude are still there. Their dressingroom was reportedly toxic last season but has anything been done to change that? Not really.

❌ There are players at United who anyone who’s ever watched a Ten Hag team can tell you are never going to fit his style. De Gea can’t play with his feet, AWB can’t add anything offensively, Maguire cannot play a high line, Shaw seriously lacks aggression, McTominay half the time can’t control a ball or pass it forward, Rashford is not a winger nor a striker, Ronaldo is unable to initiate the press or hold the ball up. None of these players are let go/moved on. Not even 1. Ronaldo is forced to stay, Rashford to PSG rumours are quickly stifled, why? Let them go if you are working towards the future.

So to sum up, they disregarded the guy they hired to give an honest opinion of the club, they moved no toxic players, they did nothing with deadwood or players that clearly don’t fit the new manager’s style, they had no recruitment plan ready to overhaul the squad to grow with the new manager. All they did was hire a new promising young manager and basically told him - you do it. That’s one hell of an ask. That is not where his talent lies and now they will add more players that they can’t move in the next years and the manager is clearly scared to rock the boat too much, evidenced by him clinging on to CR7, still playing the old guard, still letting Maguire be captain when he should be nowhere near Old Trafford. He’s got one hell of a job to do.
Just love to read this! Long may they continue to flounder! Their pain is my joy! ❤️

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I honestly think they would have been better giving Moyes a couple years and backing him with money. They didn’t give the man the financial backing they gave subsequent managers. They should of known they were going to be down for a couple of years and should of made some young quality signings and let Moyes have time and money. The man was a veteran manager so please no Arteta analogies. He proved subsequently at West Ham that he is a quality manager had years where he had Everton finishing well in the top half, Everton didn’t have to worry about relegation when he was in charge.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Maybe Ole just wasn’t as bad as they made out? He’s a better coach than Ralf or Tezza based on their stints as it stands.

They all loved playing for him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Maybe Ole just wasn’t as bad as they made out? He’s a better coach than Ralf or Tezza based on their stints as it stands.

Ole's problem is/was tactical. As a man manager he's up there with the best. Of course, that's also partly why everything imploded after he left.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He tried to play in a way which maximised the tools which he had at his disposal. He didn't try and force the players into a way of playing he they weren't comfortable with. I don't think many could've done better (4th place, then 2nd and an EL final) with the resources he had. I think expectations sky rocketed with the signings of Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane and the underperformances meant he was the one who got the chop. But it was similar to Mourinho, Mourinho got them 2nd and then when they struggled to reach those levels again he got the blame. Ole sort of struggled to evolve tho, I think they were trying to play more progressive just before he left but it wasn't really working at all, Sancho didn't click and they had to gear their system to Ronaldo's benefit.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Another problem with Man United is that while there are comparisons to our last season form is that we at least had mitigating circumstances and Man United... not so much.

I mean just compare lineups:

E8sOre2X0AEDibQ

ZLu1iJNjV3B544BR2GQ3.png

Man United need to get their **** in order, fast.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Ole's problem is/was tactical. As a man manager he's up there with the best. Of course, that's also partly why everything imploded after he left.

If I look back at his tenure I think I was a bit harsh on Ole to be fair. I do rate his man management as a greater strength, but tactically he did set United up to be more balanced as far as attack and defense is concerned. They played with the double pivot of McFred, which gave their forward line more freedom to push on and express themselves.

I think the common theme at United is the lack of backing and freedom, to allow the football management team to rebuild the team in its entirety. I suspect that they can hire Pep or Conte or any top manager and the result will remain more or less the same, as long as the Glazers behave the way they do.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Thank **** United are suffering right now, nothing less than they deserve. Let us not forget how they got to the top:

Every other big club was in the doldrums at the time and had fallen behind the times
They got lucky with a generation of academy players that they've never been able to replicate, seriously when the **** do 4 England Internationals come through all at once, 5 if we count Phil Neville.
They bought or tried to every top player from their rivals to weaken them while strengthening their own squad. Cantona, Keane, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Ferdinand, Rooney, Sheringham, Van Der Sar, Carrick, Tevez, Berbatov. Let's not forget they tried to sign Shearer, Adams, Owen and Vieira.
Referees scared ****less of them so would bend the rules ("Poor old Scholes, never learned how to tackle")

Now they have no academy players of that calibre, the Premier League market has shrunk more than ever, City and Liverpool both realised that buying players familiar with the league is the best approach and did the same. Chelsea as well. We're starting to do that now more often.

It took a genius manager to topple them on a shoestring budget, then a Russian oligarch, then the Saudis. They had a massive head start, luck, bent referees, a smart strategy of weakening everyone else, money to spare and a great manager.

Top Bottom