• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I bet Rashford enjoys losing so he can be the victim afterwards. Man Utd will always be mediocre while they hype guys like him.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Doesn't sound good.

Read the article and I see United fans are pushing he has mental health issues. That’s not what I got from ten hags quotes. He says he is not physically fit enough and have issues with his mood towards training. There are two things that a professional footballer has no excuse for. Match fitness and effort. Sancho blows after 60 mins. Here is the article

Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood," Ten Hag said.

"He was not in the right status or fitness state."

"I have had several talks with Jadon," said Ten Hag, who has made use of a coach he worked with in the Netherlands to assist Sancho.

"He's on a physical programme and our aim is to get him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be."

"There's huge competition with England," he said. "Even at the World Cup, every game is difficult to know who to start because there's so much talent in the offensive line.

"When you don't show it week by week you can fall out of the squad, which is what happened."

"When the league started he played some good games, but after we got a drop of levels," said Ten Hag. "Sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

"Most of the time it comes slowly. First you observe but the stats back it up. In the start of the season he had goals and assists but his key moments and key actions became less and less.

"It's a combination of physical but also mental. We're trying to research and get him back."

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Read the article and I see United fans are pushing he has mental health issues. That’s not what I got from ten hags quotes. He says he is not physically fit enough and have issues with his mood towards training. There are two things that a professional footballer has no excuse for. Match fitness and effort. Sancho blows after 60 mins. Here is the article

Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood," Ten Hag said.

"He was not in the right status or fitness state."

"I have had several talks with Jadon," said Ten Hag, who has made use of a coach he worked with in the Netherlands to assist Sancho.

"He's on a physical programme and our aim is to get him back as quickly as possible, but I can't give a prognosis of when that will be."

"There's huge competition with England," he said. "Even at the World Cup, every game is difficult to know who to start because there's so much talent in the offensive line.

"When you don't show it week by week you can fall out of the squad, which is what happened."

"When the league started he played some good games, but after we got a drop of levels," said Ten Hag. "Sometimes you don't know why or what is causing it.

"Most of the time it comes slowly. First you observe but the stats back it up. In the start of the season he had goals and assists but his key moments and key actions became less and less.

"It's a combination of physical but also mental. We're trying to research and get him back."

I've never once felt he has the pace and power to play in the Premier League. Can be good but he's another one of those moments players, doesn't have the intensity to consistently deliver in 90 minutes.

It's partially fitness as well, he's always the first guy that is subbed. Interesting that Ten Hag and coaches have put him on a specific programme.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've never once felt he has the pace and power to play in the Premier League, at least not as a winger. Can be good but he's another one of those moments players, doesn't have the intensity to consistently deliver in 90 minutes.
Yeah that’s big issue. I always say in here as a winger you have to quick to play as winger or have exceptional technical abilities. But Sancho for me plays weak. He shrinks tackles and he can’t play full 90 mins. At his age that’s unacceptable. If he get his fitness right and toughens up he will be fine.

It’s funny how he grew up with Reiss Nelson and their families are close and he has the same issues in being not tough enough.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Amazing how quickly he went from being one of England's hottest young properties, that United paid big money for and were gonna build their team around seemingly.

To pretty much not being needed at all, in about a year ffs.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Amazing how quickly he went from being one of England's hottest young properties, that United paid big money for and were gonna build their team around seemingly.

Used to have it all back in the day, Greenwood firing them in from the right wing, best talent in Europe Sancho on the left wing, Martial balling upfront and wonderkid Rashford getting 20+ per season.

1447692623-soaps-eastenders-phil-mitchell-drinking-1.jpg

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Oh lol I need to stop doing crack
You been killing it bro. Now i know why i no one at your work questions your mental health issues when you ask for a day off. Highly believable cover story

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I honesty think United mess will take ETH more than a season to clean up because of the turmoil in ownership and all the giant wages for underperforming players. Their wage bill is insane. maguire is like on 350k a week. The player acquisitions have obviously let them down. I rate ETH, United generate huge revs despite huge debt. But even they can’t afford to pay bad players the money they are. They keep buying super expensive Madrid pensioners way past prime, whoever does their transfers should be shot.

Honestly, i rate ETh, rate the drawing power of club and fanbase; but the rot is really deep and that wage bill really limits their flexibility. I don’t see this being a one year 18 month fix

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

It’s typical of Man Utd though isn’t it? This happens so much with them they’re a graveyard for talent.

outlawz

Yeah that’s big issue. I always say in here as a winger you have to quick to play as winger or have exceptional technical abilities. But Sancho for me plays weak. He shrinks tackles and he can’t play full 90 mins. At his age that’s unacceptable. If he get his fitness right and toughens up he will be fine.

It’s funny how he grew up with Reiss Nelson and their families are close and he has the same issues in being not tough enough.
South London softies. Who said them man are hard?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sancho sadly seem one of those players just doesn't care the moment they get that big money contact the fact now he even physically not ready after the 1 half year of bad performance is bad signs he need to sort himself out he still too young

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

GettyImages-1242946641-1024x670.jpg

By Andy Mitten
Dec 13, 2022

Jadon Sancho wasn’t in England’s World Cup plans and he wasn’t at Manchester United’s warm-weather training camp in the Andalusian rain last week either.

While his United team-mates were in Qatar or Spain, the forward was in the Netherlands, undergoing an individual training programme with coaches United’s Dutch manager Erik ten Hag has worked with before.

Sancho has not been exiled or dropped from the squad, but manager and fans alike could see that his form was dropping as this season progressed.

He looked so shot of confidence, the best/worst example being away to Omonia Nicosia in a Europa League tie in early October when, instead of passing forward or trying to beat a man, he made a silly pass back towards Tyrell Malacia, who was under pressure — a mistake which led to the home side scoring the game’s opening goal.

Sancho could have had no complaints when taken off at half-time that night.

As one senior football manager, who spoke under the condition of anonymity to protect relationships, told The Athletic the following day: “If you’re a Manchester United forward and you can’t run at an Omonia Nicosia defender and try to take him on, you have a problem.”

With Anthony Martial back from injury, Sancho was on the bench for the win at Everton three days later, but he did start in the next three league games against Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea.

Disappointing in a goalless home draw with Newcastle, he had his moments against Sp**s at Old Trafford, such as teeing up Fred for United’s opener, but he was brought off again at Chelsea, early in the second half, cursing himself after twice giving the ball away. He wasn’t doing enough and after that 1-1 in west London he didn’t play a minute in any of United’s final six games before the club season’s World Cup hiatus started on November 13.

Like every player United have signed from Borussia Dortmund, Sancho has underwhelmed. There were high hopes for Shinji Kagawa and Henrikh Mkhitaryan too, but both ultimately didn’t cut it.

Sancho will have the time and opportunities to deliver. At £73million — and that after a two-year chase to sign him which bored even the most hardened transfer junkie by its conclusion in July 2021 — he’s too expensive for United to do otherwise.

That fee makes Sancho the third most expensive English player ever — and the club felt they’d negotiated that fee down well after Dortmund wanted over £110million for him the previous year. He’s also just 22 years old. He will get patience and more chances from his manager and support from United fans.

Before he flew to Spain, Ten Hag had a series of conversations with Sancho to agree on a plan to get him back on track in terms of fitness and mindset.

Asked about Sancho’s physical condition, Ten Hag said: “First we didn’t see him in the last games for United, so he wasn’t in the right status, in the right fitness state; so now he’s on an individual programme and we want him to finish that programme and hopefully, we see him back soon.”

Manager and player agreed that it was better to do this properly, as a reset away from the day-to-day training environment at United’s Carrington base or in Spain. Asked why Sancho wasn’t there in Andalucia with the other players, Ten Hag said: “He’s not fit enough. Sometimes there are circumstances with fitness and mood. Now he’s on a physical programme and our aim is to get him back as quickly as possible.”

Sancho is not the first footballer to suffer a drop in form, but it’s a shame.

He was excellent on the pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia this past summer and that form pointed to a bright second season after a mediocre debut year. And when he put United ahead against Liverpool on August 22, those inside Old Trafford and not outside protesting were stunned.

It wasn’t expected after the two opening defeats to Brighton & Hove Albion and Brentford, but he controlled a ball, took five neat touches and placed it along the floor past Alisson. It was Sancho’s best moment since signing and he left the pitch to an ovation when substituted after 70 minutes.

“He was good (pre-season) but also when the league started he played some good games, like Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal,” says Ten Hag.

“After, we got a drop of level and sometimes you don’t know why or what is causing it. That is what we’re doing now, trying to research and now we try to get him back there. It’s a combination of physical but also mentally.”

Ten days on from the Liverpool game, Sancho got the winner at Leicester, finishing a beautiful move as he ran onto a Marcus Rashford ball and took it comfortably around goalkeeper Danny Ward. Five games in and he was one short of matching his goal tally from last season — which shows how underwhelming he was in that first year.

Beneath Leicester’s main stand afterwards, the Londoner spoke to journalists. He was polite, engaged, and insisted on shaking hands with each one.

Asked if he felt he had more freedom under Ten Hag than in the previous season, he replied: “I would say more information, a clearer plan and what to do, especially in some areas of the pitch. Definitely. The style of play in training is what we’re working on. Some of that you see, some of it is the intelligence of our players, creating and knowing each other well. I feel good, I feel like I’m in a good place at the moment on and off the pitch.”

All positive, no? Six weeks later, his performances were different. When did Ten Hag realise there was a problem?

“Most of the time it comes slowly,” he replies. “On the tour he played really well, the start of the league he played really well, after the (September international) break his performance was lower. First you observe but then also the stats back it up; in the start of the season he had goals and assists and his key moments and key actions, and it became less and less.”

Did Ten Hag think his confidence was hit by losing his place in the England squad? (Sancho has not been called up since October last year.)

“I think there’s huge competition in England,” Ten Hag says. “When I see the front line, the manager really has choices there. Even in the World Cup, for Southgate every game was difficult: who to start, because there’s so much talent in the offensive line and there’s big competition now. When you don’t show it week by week you can fall out of the squad, which is what happened.”

It happened to Rashford last season too, but while Rashford made the World Cup squad and scored three goals in the group stage alone, Sancho won the most recent of his 23 caps 14 months ago. Gareth Southgate does like him — he gave him his debut aged just 18 — but it’s hard to pick players who are out of form and not playing for their club.

Sancho has been getting back home to London frequently, but in Ten Hag’s words, “we want to bring him back as quickly as possible, but I can’t give a prognosis of when that will be.”

Reactions: A_G

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sancho sadly seem one of those players just doesn't care the moment they get that big money contact the fact now he even physically not ready after the 1 half year of bad performance is bad signs he need to sort himself out he still too young

From the perspective of a Utd fan in the Athletic comments:

Never got the right start did he.. Joined in the summer of 2021… Massive pressure from his transfer fee. Pre-season messed up by the Euros… Abused for missing a pen… Ear infection and other issues at the start of the season. Meant to be the big signing to complete the team only to find Ronaldo rocks up as well, stealing his limelight, completely changing the way the team plays, leading to a load of defeats, three changes in manager, a whole season thrown away, some managers fancying you, others not… losing his place in the England squad, lots of unrest and unsettled players in the squad… undermined by Ronaldo as a player when he doesn’t do as he’s told… losing family members… Whata nightmare, we’d all buckle…

No shock that he’s lost his confidence, joie de vivre, love of the game.

Bit too much blame on Ronaldo although it is valid. Seeing as we got out the violins for Ben White for his WC exit and Saka's abuse post Euros as well, it does make sense that he might not be himself.

Him losing family members is news to me, I didn't fact check it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom