• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

Ciscoo

There will likely be something in his contract about bringing the club into disrepute. Whether they pay him off or just sack him, I do expect they will cut ties asap. This is toxic for their brand.
I don’t think that will hold up in a dispute over a 20m contract. A protracted legal dispute would be terrible PR too, especially with the risk of losing.

It’s likely he comes out of this as a free agent with a huge lump sum and backdated fees to cover his suspension. What a **** world we live in.

Black240

I don’t think that will hold up in a dispute over a 20m contract. A protracted legal dispute would be terrible PR too, especially with the risk of losing.

It’s likely he comes out of this as a free agent with a huge lump sum and backdated fees to cover his suspension. What a **** world we live in.
Booting him out would not be bad PR for Utd. Probably the opposite. Keeping him is the reputation risk. That said, they might just pay him off so that the problem goes away.

myoldarsenal

They're talking about how they are the benchmark for Barca, not the other way around and how Barca's La Liga record can't be taken seriously.

The same team who got embarssed by R. Sociedad and finished below them in their group.

You couldn't find a bigger bunch of deluded fools anywhere.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Billionaires don't lose cases like this against millionaires who are on tape committing sexual assault. He would have to be even dumber than he appears to try and sue them.

Sparrahork

They do have all the grounds to sack him. We all heard the tape. Case collapsed because of witness withdrawal and it’s impossible for a huge commercial club like United to use him. Imagine if he does something like this again after you take him. And how many sponsors are they willing to lose because of this scumbag
I would suggest at present there are no grounds to sack him, if the tape is absolute proof of guilt then the police would have continued the case.

Innocent until proven guilty is a much repeated line, like it or not given the criminal case has been dropped he is innocent. United sack him and his legal advice will be to appeal and claim, therefore a news story that does not go away.

United are screwed and would have been hoping once that tape reached the light of day that greenwood sentenced, meaning clear grounds to sack him.

They will do what they can not to play him, without giving him cause to take action for impacting his ability to play and thus continue to earn beyond his contract.

If they sack him without good cause they bring themselves into disrepute, if they play him that could cause issues with sponsors who may well have to consider their own legal standing in walking away from their own contract. It will be interesting to see if greenwood is advised to sue Nike for terminating his contract.

If United pay him off they will be criticised as he can join another club (abroad no doubt) and earn twice over.

I think United are contemplating whether a civil case will allow him to be sacked, this is a risk as given criminal collapsed no guarantees they win.

We saw with the guy at Raith that society has moved on, whereas a couple of years ago greenwood would be paid off or quietly loaned abroad neither are options now for fear of backlash despite no successful prosecution.

Society has also moved on in that they almost have to take a civil case against him, they have to be bastions of the community. It will be drawn out, he may be found innocent too but United can then show they did what they could and this may be their best option, even if they are to lose.

Sparrahork

I would suggest at present there are no grounds to sack him, if the tape is absolute proof of guilt then the police would have continued the case.

Innocent until proven guilty is a much repeated line, like it or not given the criminal case has been dropped he is innocent. United sack him and his legal advice will be to appeal and claim, therefore a news story that does not go away.

United are screwed and would have been hoping once that tape reached the light of day that greenwood sentenced, meaning clear grounds to sack him.

They will do what they can not to play him, without giving him cause to take action for impacting his ability to play and thus continue to earn beyond his contract.

If they sack him without good cause they bring themselves into disrepute, if they play him that could cause issues with sponsors who may well have to consider their own legal standing in walking away from their own contract. It will be interesting to see if greenwood is advised to sue Nike for terminating his contract.

If United pay him off they will be criticised as he can join another club (abroad no doubt) and earn twice over.

I think United are contemplating whether a civil case will allow him to be sacked, this is a risk as given criminal collapsed no guarantees they win.

We saw with the guy at Raith that society has moved on, whereas a couple of years ago greenwood would be paid off or quietly loaned abroad neither are options now for fear of backlash despite no successful prosecution.

Society has also moved on in that they almost have to take a civil case against him, they have to be bastions of the community. It will be drawn out, he may be found innocent too but United can then show they did what they could and this may be their best option, even if they are to lose.
Worth adding a civil case and possibly tightened up disrepute clauses could be a game changer.

It could be going forward that WhatsApp messages will be considered grounds for termination, I am aware this may mean an ongoing case would go from innocent to proven guilty to contract termination. Difficult to know where to draw a line if not a criminal or civil prosecution.

I am aware of a previous situation where alleged by the footballer he was being blackmailed, i.e. pay me x or I make these claims. If their conduct puts them more at risk of losing their livelihood they will have to ensure they are cleaner than clean.

Greenwood will definitely be a test case as to how a high profile club handles a situation with a high profile player.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Billionaires don't lose cases like this against millionaires who are on tape committing sexual assault. He would have to be even dumber than he appears to try and sue them.

That's 6 of the last 7 pages now where you've been quite vocal on your opinions of the justice system. It's clear that Arkham have increased security & you haven't had work in quite a while.

You're not fooling anyone, Bruce :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Quite dismaying really when you remember how much photo and video evidence there is. You can literally see the damage with your own eyes and still charges dropped. Shows how difficult it is to get a conviction.

Sparrahork

Quite dismaying really when you remember how much photo and video evidence there is. You can literally see the damage with your own eyes and still charges dropped. Shows how difficult it is to get a conviction.
I used to date a cop who worked with domestic violence cases, she was frustrated that so many cases would have to be dropped as the victim was dependent on the perp. She would drop charges, go back, same happen again etc etc.

You need a complainant to get a prosecution, this is why I am unsure as to what man utd are going to do next. The apparent evidence is there but is that enough to do what would appear in this case to be the right thing?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I used to date a cop who worked with domestic violence cases, she was frustrated that so many cases would have to be dropped as the victim was dependent on the perp. She would drop charges, go back, same happen again etc etc.
I think a lot of people have a variation on this story. Often as the friend that tried to help her/him to get their life in order only to be left frustrated when the victim goes back to the abuser.

Always good to remember in these situations to do something not expecting thanks or reward, but because its the right thing to do.

Malky

Established Member
United bring this **** back and it'll make a very toxic environment for everyone at the club. His own team mates won't be comfortable with him being there, they'll want nothing to do with him.
Plus the backlash from the fans - it won't go down well at all, the evidence, dropped or not, is there for all to see and hear what a disgusting, evil piece of **** Greenwood is.
His career in the UK is over either way, United manage to sack him and no club in the country will touch him.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
This Is All Your Fault Blame GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mason Greenwood when he returns home tonight to his girl.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
With what's happened with Mendy and Greenwood I think it's safe to assume yellow box will never be found guilty either. When you consider the amount of women coming forward against the former and the evidence against the latter, if they can't get convicted then it's pretty safe to assume Partey will never be convicted.

It's crazy, I thought Mendy and Greenwood were sure to go down it. It just goes to show the reality of these things, but you'll still have people going "there women lied throw them in jail", it's just so hard to get a prosecution for these types of things.

Mendy is different to Yellow Box and Greenwood. At least 2 of the women were proven liars and the rest were all connected on social media. 1 of them was googling Mendy's net worth after the alleged incident. 1 of them was bragging about shagging Grealish after the alleged event

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
They do have all the grounds to sack him. We all heard the tape. Case collapsed because of witness withdrawal and it’s impossible for a huge commercial club like United to use him. Imagine if he does something like this again after you take him. And how many sponsors are they willing to lose because of this scumbag

If they could legally sack him they would of done. No way is that tape breaking his contract of employment.

Top Bottom