Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Headed for the EuroPOG League?

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by THunter, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Now we can laugh.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Surely not...

3. HollandGooner

HollandGooner Well-Known Member

Real will take him or PSG.

4. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

That one's right up his alley. **** tons of money, plodding through a one-team-league season in season out, showing off fancy tricks and haircuts against the likes of Strasbourg, Reims and Amiens along a fancy Paris instagram lifestyle.

5. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Hope no , hope he doesn't take the easy option , wonder what his wages are like ?

6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

He's apparently on around 300.000/week, which takes his annual salary to ~ 15m.

Reports from January suggested he wanted his wages doubled. Just google "pogba wages" for sources, if you like.

Neymar is on 600.000/week // 32m/year. The frenchies would surely be willing to offer around 500.000/week to Pogba, as well as a decent fee for Raiola.

celestis likes this.
  7. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Sadly out of our reach then , though Ramsey less fashionably does a better job .

Raicore and Toby Andrl like this.
  8. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

PSG couldn't take him what with FFP breathing down their necks, I doubt Real would take him either. He's in that upper echelon of footballers where the finances are so big that he actually has very few, or no, options of clubs to go to. Gareth Bale is similar.

celestis likes this.
  9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Shame we never tried harder the first time he left United. Now well & truly unattainable financially & where we are as a club. He will play for the Real Madrids, PSGs & Citys for the rest of his playing days. Not a good fit with Mourinho but top talent with crazy physical attributes.

celestis likes this.
  10. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

His physical attributes are peerless, but it seems to be his mental attributes, namely consistency and motivation, that are preventing him from being the best midfielder in the world. I don't quite buy the argument that if only he played in a midfield 3 with this or that player next to him he'd suddenly be what everyone expects. I just think he's failed to apply himself hard enough.

That's not to say he's been bad or that he is a bad player. Even Pogba at 50% is still a very good player. Just that his potential is so great that he receives criticism when he only skirts around the edges of it.

11. Rimaal

I'll take Martial.

celestis likes this.
  12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

You might, in a way:

13. Rimaal

Bayern or Arsenal, either will do for me.

14. Juan Matas Beard

Juan Matas Beard Friendly Mancunian facial hair

Martial sounds like a Juventus signing tbh.

Pretty certain Pogba will stay however.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  15. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

I would gladly take Pogba and you never know where he will go - it's the money that moved him I believe. I remember watching him in a game for France and he completely bossed it!

As for Martial - YES!

16. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Severe daddy issues

Juve can't even sign Emre Can

GeorgiaGunner and Toby Andrl like this.
  17. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

I would take Martial here in a heartbeat. Agree with you on Pogba though.

celestis likes this.
  18. Gunners4life

Gunners4life Definitely Not RonaldoMadness

I don't want Martial or Pogba here have you seen how cringe they are in social media?

Jose clearly has a problem with their mentality and rightfully so, Pogba was being bullied by the likes of Shelvey

Toby Andrl and GeorgiaGunner like this.
  19. GeorgiaGunner

Agreed. Pogba is a good to great player, but any ‘step up’ would require a ridiculous fee and even dumber wages. Guy is trapped unless he greatly elevates his game or flames out.

20. GeorgiaGunner

Any other era and you could make a totally acceptable case that he’s the best player on the planet.

Unrelatedly, anyone wanna pitch in for a fax machine? Need a certain someone to **** off to Madrid ASAP.