• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Istanbald

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Anyone could have been hired as the interim manager, it really didn't matter. What Rangnick has going for him is his experience higher up, recruitment, building teams like Leipzig and that's why we benefit from him.

If you're telling me United don't benefit from having a football mind higher up in a structure that's full of corporates, I don't know what to say. He's not going to be in headlines now though, it's all Ten Hag.

But then why not just give the interim manager's job to Carrick till the end of the season and give Rangnick the role behind the scenes straight away? Then he's in the role that he's more suited for from the off, surely?

At least if Carrick had struggled Rangnick wouldn't have the stink all over him first hand.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But then why not just give the interim manager's job to Carrick till the end of the season and give Rangnick the role behind the scenes straight away? Then he's in the role that he's more suited for from the off, surely?

At least if Carrick had struggled Rangnick wouldn't have the stink all over him first hand.
Ralf was brought in to analyse the squad and help them behind the scene. Ole and Carrick were mates with these people. Ralf openly said we need to improve on every position except for keeper. Ole was protecting these players and was part of the culture they want to change. So removing him was vital for them. Even though I wished he stayed

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Funniest part of all this, is Ralf definitely wanted to stay on as United's manager...going by previous remarks he made, plus the fact he is managing a national team now.

But was so awful, he was never in consideration from the club :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ralf was brought in to analyse the squad and help them behind the scene. Ole and Carrick were mates with these people. Ralf openly said we need to improve on every position except for keeper. Ole was protecting these players and was part of the culture they want to change. So removing him was vital for them. Even though I wished he stayed

Yeah but let’s be real. Punting on a season when you’ve just bought Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo is such a cop out.

We’re not in the NFL. There’s no material benefit to tanking, it’s just an easy way for management to spin absolute dogsh*t performances.

Who knows what a proper manager like Conte would have done with this team rather than Rangnick trying to persuade a 37 year old Ronaldo to press.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah but let’s be real. Punting on a season when you’ve just bought Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo is such a cop out.

We’re not in the NFL. There’s no material benefit to tanking, it’s just an easy way for management to spin absolute dogsh*t performances.

Who knows what a proper manager like Conte would have done with this team rather than Rangnick trying to persuade a 37 year old Ronaldo to press.
They not tanking. With big clubs you have to set standards. Ole was so bad he had to go. Didn’t matter who came in tbh. He reached an unacceptable level of bad. Conte is not a manager you want if you want to build something and that’s what United wants

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A personal message to United from the head of the FA of Austria, after they poached Ralf from them...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They not tanking. With big clubs you have to set standards. Ole was so bad he had to go. Didn’t matter who came in tbh. He reached an unacceptable level of bad. Conte is not a manager you want if you want to build something and that’s what United wants

And they then went even below that unacceptable level of bad.

The guy they hired isn’t even going to be leading on the rebuild. Just looks like PR to keep fans happy for more lean years ahead.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Never have I’ve seen football communities simping so hard for someone with such vague credentials; “he is good on board level” and yada yada

He was catastrophic manager during interrim and I seriously doubt he’ll change much in his consulting role. He will half arse it and add it to his LinkedIn profile

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The guy they hired isn’t even going to be leading on the rebuild. Just looks like PR to keep fans happy for more lean years ahead.
More lean years ahead would be the thing United have been doing for the past 10 years.

This way there's at least one more person who correctly identified at least a few of United's problems and isn't afraid to speak out about them. A voice that can support Ten Hag for the job he needs to do. (Which won't be dissimilar to Ragnick's views, judging by his time at Ajax where he's also known for taking no ****) As mentioned such a voice can be instrumental, because otherwise you leave one guy fighting for himself. He was never meant to be the permanent manager.

United needs a rebuild from the ground up, that's a fact. From Players to mentality.

Of course, Ragnick could end up all bark, and leave Ten Hag to be eaten by United's mentality (Though he won't stay long if that's the case). Him deciding to take up the Austria job instead of focusing on his role at United even hints towards that but no I don't think its a bad move from United or anything like they have done things in the past 10 years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

More lean years ahead would be the thing United have been doing for the past 10 years.

This way there's at least one more person who correctly identified at least a few of United's problems and isn't afraid to speak out about them. A voice that can support Ten Hag for the job he needs to do. (Which won't be dissimilar to Ragnick's views, judging by his time at Ajax where he's also known for taking no ****) As mentioned such a voice can be instrumental, because otherwise you leave one guy fighting for himself. He was never meant to be the permanent manager.

United needs a rebuild from the ground up, that's a fact. From Players to mentality.

Of course, Ragnick could end up all bark, and leave Ten Hag to be eaten by United's mentality (Though he won't stay long if that's the case). Him deciding to take up the Austria job instead of focusing on his role at United even hints towards that (Especially with the world cup coming in the middle of the season), but no I don't think its a bad move from United or anything like they have done things in the past 10 years.

What’s he identified? Players aren’t good enough and it will take time to rebuild?

You don’t think literally anyone could have realised that? :lol:

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
What’s he identified then that no one else could supposedly see?
Mentality in dressing room and club, problem players among else.

And again.

The problem isn't that you and I couldn't see it. The problem isn't that 99% of the footballing world couldn't see it. I agree with you 100%, its plain ****ing obvious.

But that doesn't matter for United.

The problem is that nobody at UNITED could see it. And if they did, they were too afraid to speak about it. Here comes Ragnick, calling it out for what it is. Something nobody at United did for 10 years (With the exception of Mourinho after he left).

And I agree fully, shouldn't be manager. It doesn't even have to be Ragnick at all. But that voice and opinion alone, in a club that refuses to see reality, can support and help develop United beyond what it is now. That's why you have United fans like @Juan Matas Beard still supporting the guy even after that horrible record.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mentality in dressing room and club, problem players among else.

And again.

The problem isn't that you and I couldn't see it. The problem isn't that 99% of the footballing world couldn't see it. I agree with you 100%, its plain ****ing obvious.

But that doesn't matter for United.

The problem is that nobody at UNITED could see it. And if they did, they were too afraid to speak about it. Here comes Ragnick, calling it out for what it is. Something nobody at United did for 10 years (With the exception of Mourinho after he left).

And I agree fully, shouldn't be manager. It doesn't even have to be Ragnick at all. But that voice and opinion alone, in a club that refuses to see reality, can support and help develop United beyond what it is now. That's why you have United fans like @Juan Matas Beard still supporting the guy even after that horrible record.

How do we know they couldn’t see it?

It’s all just huge amounts of supposition to me. This is the stuff that Utd fans were laughing at us about.

Maybe the issue is they bought sh*t players like Maguire and Fred which meant their key areas are bang average.

Ole finished 2nd last year. Refuse to believe that he was some dosser who was so bad they had to get rid for someone even worse.

Top Bottom