• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Let's all laugh at Man Utd: Amrabad

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't think a couple of games removed from pre season a 6 mile run a week or so before their next match is going to be the death of any of them.

Could be a good team bonding exercise too. If I were ETH I'd be having a look at the players that are sulking about having to do it and putting a question mark over whether they're the sort of personalities that need to be at the club long term.

Plus Ronaldo sulking and waving his arms around on the run would be funny to see :lol:

It’s a bit of a simplistic way at looking at the result. It wasn’t the lack of running that lost them that game. Then there’s the statistic on an individual basis. Collectively they ran less, but what if the defenders covered a similar amount and the attackers/midfielders were slacking, as an example. If I’m a player I’m not going to be happy being called out on a lack of running if I’ve performed similarly to the opponent.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Only just seen the stuff about making them all run 13km on Sunday morning. That seems a bit dumb? If there's one way to lose a dressing room it's pulling **** like that. How is that even fair in any case? Brentford covering 13km more as a team means on average each player covered just over 1km more, so why make them all run 13km? "You all ran 9km yesterday, Brentford players ran 10.2km. Get out there and run 13km". What the ****? :lol:
Is that report even accurate? I doubt it. 13km in the heat we had sounds off.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It’s a bit of a simplistic way at looking at the result. It wasn’t the lack of running that lost them that game. Then there’s the statistic on an individual basis. Collectively they ran less, but what if the defenders covered a similar amount and the attackers/midfielders were slacking, as an example. If I’m a player I’m not going to be happy being called out on a lack of running if I’ve performed similarly to the opponent.
yeah United had had nearly 70% of possession + double the passes so of course Brentford ran more

ETH just clutching at straws... his 5 attackers away cost him four early goals & his three half time subs could not get him a goal :lol:

even if the players are devoid of confidence & the Glazers bad owners does not make ETH a good manager at this level... he has o prove it

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The 13km thing is PR, everyone here should be fluent in that by now.
749W.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

But to me it's not about an individual holding their hands up saying 'Well, I've done my bit.' That's part of the problem with Man Utd.

You defend as a team not as individuals. It's true that some players are putting a shift in and getting exposed due to others lack of effort.

There are some guys there like Rashford as one example who are just being lazy, I'm sorry but there's no excuse for it. The guys trying to do their jobs should be reaming the ones who aren't out.

I'm seeing a couple of guys trying to press and most of the rest standing off. Wide men just letting their opponents run off them. I can't even blame the manager because it's the same issue with many of the same players under 3 different managers.

To me the whole team deserves punishing until they realise it's about the collective not the individual. You defend well or badly as a team irrespective of individual effort or performances. That's how you become a unit and an actual team rather than a collection of individuals which Man Utd are currently.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They have the players to go back 3 which is what we did initially. They need mote stability and structure. Why try a back 4 and building from the back without a keeper to do it and without the players to play a high line. They need a complete rebuild but a system in place that allows them to get results.

----------Rashford---Ronaldo---Sancho
Shaw-------Mctominay---Fred------Dalot
---------Martinez---Maguire---Varane

That would be difficult to beat in a deeper block with pace up top to trouble anyone.

Luckily, Bruno and Ericksen have to play, which means we will never see the sensible option of a back 3.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

United are in a similar position where we were in these past few years. Massive rebuild getting rid of overpaid players who aren't so good for modern football demands or otherwise.

It's why I always wanted Arsenal to back the new managers over tougher times, not going that United route. Apart from losing the dressing room etc. of course.

It's almost done for us now, and United haven't even begun and not sure if they will for a while.

Will be funny if they sack Ten Hag after Liverpool loss, or the next one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah he won't last long the situation at manutd is mess they seriously going to drop off massively if they don't wake up.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
The state of the fanbase though :lol:. Everywhere I look, I read that they will be above Liverpool if they win their confrontation.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Thank **** United are suffering right now, nothing less than they deserve. Let us not forget how they got to the top:

Every other big club was in the doldrums at the time and had fallen behind the times
They got lucky with a generation of academy players that they've never been able to replicate, seriously when the **** do 4 England Internationals come through all at once, 5 if we count Phil Neville.
They bought or tried to every top player from their rivals to weaken them while strengthening their own squad. Cantona, Keane, Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Ferdinand, Rooney, Sheringham, Van Der Sar, Carrick, Tevez, Berbatov. Let's not forget they tried to sign Shearer, Adams, Owen and Vieira.
Referees scared ****less of them so would bend the rules ("Poor old Scholes, never learned how to tackle")

Now they have no academy players of that calibre, the Premier League market has shrunk more than ever, City and Liverpool both realised that buying players familiar with the league is the best approach and did the same. Chelsea as well. We're starting to do that now more often.

It took a genius manager to topple them on a shoestring budget, then a Russian oligarch, then the Saudis. They had a massive head start, luck, bent referees, a smart strategy of weakening everyone else, money to spare and a great manager.
This! this is why every time Man United lose a football match I celebrate like the Ewoks after the Death Star blows up. In fairness the Glazers are not dictators of repressive societies or Putin’s henchmen; but that is about all that commends them.

Top Bottom